FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

By racechick
I think you may have something there! :hehe:
By Hammer278
Great recovery drive from Nico....overtook almost an entire field today. And happy he held on....I didn't want someone else making the podium. :hehe:
Yes, well done Nico, his first test of recovery from the back and he didnt make a mess of it - shame it was his own mistake and his eagerness to catch Lewis off guard or maybe even 'kinda' make a point

But he showed good racing instinct the way he despatched cars like Bottas
And a good and cerebral correct call on the tyres - he has been saying all weekend there is no deg at this circuit - well done for that Nico

also I am so happy he kept an undeserving :duckie: from collecting and cruising to the podium
By spankyham
I bet Nico tightens up his seat belts before the start next race.
Teflon Nico! Grosjean should be so lucky! Way to go to the FiA stewards for your constancy in being inconsistent. :clap:
aw bless!!! Nico is the kid that was always told he was cool and so never discovered what it meant.

He is really blisfully unaware the whole time and I like to think its naive goodness that shines in him and not a snake

After the race he says 'shame I couldnt stop the car before the corner as I had got ahead of Lewis' :yikes:

and then says if he had just stayed ahead then anything could have happened but it wasnt to be and so he can feel good for the team

This is the old Nico, as long as he tried and proved he is no wuss then alls good, Lewsis has just managed to beat him since karting days and F1 is no different, if things had turned out a little different he would have 9 races to Lewis' 3. He nows he is just as fast as Lewis on his day and he has settled back into his place it seems

I think the Monaco parking and the Spa point making are not the real Nico but a Nico that had to emerge if he was ever going to emerge from this season with any pride and self respect - simply put he had to try whatever it took to at least for the first time in their years together actually beat Lewis.

And the gamesmanship we saw on the podium after quali was the real fight between them, both proper competitors and proud guys, always get one up on the other even when ordering a pizza - and thats why they actually get on so well as associates - a mutual grudging respect

But Lewis was put out by Nicos desperation and maybe took it too much to heart, however it was a massive own goal for Nico and Lewis is now able to accept that it was not a permanent shift. So once the season is over they will be back to their old tricks together in Monaco

All IMHO
By racechick
Hope so. It's so, so intense, means so much to them both, but when the heat dies down I think they'll be ok.
Let's finish the season in good order and then we can Kumbaya with Nico as much as we want. There is a K in German right?
:rofl:

I think he has been mentally beaten, psychologically slapped down, not mentally cracked or anything like that - thats Lewis' role. But its noticeable that now when he gets beat he is no longer sulking or bitter and is more likely to console himself that at least he had a go
By racechick
Maybe they'll let him in the ferrari lounge for a little TlC

Sent from my GT-S5830i using Tapatalk 2
they would probably offer him a mea culpa, and 'butter wouldnt melt' will accept thinking its the latest trendy cocktail invented
Actually a mea culpa is a good name for a cocktail. How's this for my first attempt?

10 dashes of Angostura bitters
3 oz of Prosecco
1 oz of Tuaca
splash of Limoncello
Pour all the ingredients into a glass filled with crushed ice
& a slice of lemon as garnish
By racechick
Sounds cool wb! Can you naked me one. But absolutely no sugar in Utah!

Sent from my GT-S5830i using Tapatalk 2

See our F1 related articles too!