FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

It's embarrassing that this guy didn't have a dedicated thread! :blush:

He's much more than the "best of the rest" driver on the grid, and in my opinion deserves a seat in a top team. He's shown tremendous skill in the wet, great consistency and is able to drive to the car's potential and has show to be very adaptable. Unlike Perez last year with Sauber, that exploited the tire issues to their advantage, the Hulk is a much more complete driver. Actually, I'd love to see him get a drive at McLaren, and have them begin a rebuilding process around his talents.
By LRW
To be honest, up until this weekend, the guy hasn't even appeared on the radar this year, from my memory...?
By What's Burning?
3rd in Qualifying in Montreal? He had a pole position in the wet last year? He's consistently driven the car to it's potential. He stays out of trouble and finishes races... I think you're paying too much attention to the pointy end of the grid you Lewis lover. :whip:
By andrew
I heard a rumour about him sticking a Williams on pole at the 2010 Brazilian GP. Don't know how true it is as it seems to have gone unnoticed.
By Nin-Chin
I heard a rumour about him sticking a Williams on pole at the 2010 Brazilian GP. Don't know how true it is as it seems to have gone unnoticed.

He did indeed,as well as fighting for victory at Brazil in 2012 until he got caught out by a damp patch and slid into Hamilton, even with the penalty, he was ahead of Di Resta before Paul crashed.
By LRW

Well you are aware of it, so it didn't go unnoticed. Unless you don't think you count...?
By andrew

Well you are aware of it, so it didn't go unnoticed. Unless you don't think you count...?

Seemingly I don't usually.
By LewEngBridewell
Hulkenberg's pole in Interlagos back in his Williams days was a momentous moment. Shame it didn't translate into a good race.

And then, of course, he was dropped to make way for Maldonado.
By Jabberwocky
Is it me or does the hul k only put in good shows at the end of the season when he is out of contract the following year?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4
By sagi58
Is it me or does the hul k only put in good shows at the end of the season when he is out of contract the following year?

Seems to be an epidemic going around... and around... :twisted:
By Denthúl

I think it's you. He didn't know he was out of contract at Williams until after Abu Dhabi in 2010 and his decision to leave Force India was his own (his best performances at Force India were Valencia, Belgium and Brazil - only one of those can really be considered end-of-season). He's performed pretty well this year with a terrible car, and as it has improved a little since the summer he's been able to pull more out of it.
By LewEngBridewell
Yep, it's been clear since his first few races in F1 that the Hulk is a fine driver. He really should be in a better team by now.

Which options are still left for next year?

See our F1 related articles too!