FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

I always wondered why a team so slick with their F1 operations could fail to solve Marks launch problems over 3 years. They fix everything else quickly.
Maybe they still havent realised Mark is taller than Webber and was 'blocking some air vents'

:scratchchin: 2 Mark Webbers in F1 still better than having Massa, Maldonado and Button on the grid.
:rofl::whip:

I knew it, RBR conspiracy - 2 Mak Wibbas, one a very fast F1 driver, and one that drives around like Button, and this year they got 2 Danny Rics, one thats always smiling and one thats...well mostly smiling :hehe:
One thing I ask about these conspiracy theories any one says about Dan. Why would they take him on as a driver if every time he got close to Vettel they'd ruin his race on purpose? Why wouldn't they hire Max Chilton or someone who wouldn't threaten seb?

You're right, Lemon!! It doesn't make any sense, since in the end, the WCC isn't won by "one" driver!!
Would Red Bull cut off their nose to spite their face... totally doubt that!!
"Something was wrong with the downshifts!" :crying::crying::crying:
Can't hack it without his trick derived from the rear downforce, it seems Daniel can :D
I think it is safe to say I have underestimated Ricciardo upto this point.

Sent using NCC-1701

Or overestimated Vettel? I know where you're coming from. I was marking this season out as a make or break season for Vettel. I've had him as one of my top three, though slightly behind the other two( Alonso and Hamilton) if he hacked it in a car that wasn't dominant,as the other two have done, I'd have moved him up with them ........as it is I'm on the verge of downgrading him. He's been blown away by his less experienced team mate, who like you I hadn't been totally convinced about. Much to be decided in my mind this year.
The signs were always there that Seb was good but not 'as good' once you take away the Newey trick rear downforce and allow his teammate to race him. We dont see the sublime cornering with the tail under manners that we see from Lewis or Kimi, we dont see the calm thinking driver when in the pack.

having said that Danny Ricc is obviously a much different proposition to Webber and that makes sense as he has come off the same production line as Seb, and so we may be finding out that Sebs 'specialness' is more a function of RBRs immense sporting competence than anything else.

Seb will have to dominate Ricc like he did Webber or his rep will take a massive beating, and so far Ricc is playing the same role Seb had when he was first promoted very very well indeed.
By Roth
Quali has always been his speciality, but I think he's more of a 'holding' man in races. Vettel's talent is coming into perspective a lot quicker than I imagined though.
I think it is safe to say I have underestimated Ricciardo upto this point.

I certainly didn't. I was always impressed by him at HRT. And to stand out in a team like that, says quite a lot.

Not many people seemed to pick up on that, which is somewhat strange :shrug:
I wish he had one more lap tonight. Great, great effort by Dan. Maybe a little biased, but that was super enjoyable - just watching his race, especially the bit where he muscled past Seb, then kept the world champ at bay. Just super. He is not far from his maiden win.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk
It is great to see Daniel challenging Sebastian for positions; finally it looks like Red Bull have a second driver that can truly challenge Vettel on a consistent basis; let's see if Red Bull and Helmut Marko allow it to keep happening!
Last year when Ricciardo was all "RB should pick me...I'm just an ANIMAL!" I was all like ok wtf?

But I see what he was talking about now, the guy's got racing blood in his veins I think TR is hardly shown during races so we missed a lot of his talent in the earlier days. Fantastic drive, keep it up Dan. :thumbup:

See our F1 related articles too!