FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Jenson Button has seemed awfully down all weekend, despite performing INCREDIBLY well in both qualifying and the race. What do people make of this? Does he know that he's on the way out?

I think he knew that last year. But yeah, really nice performance by McLaren this race and perhaps it's something they can sustain for the balance of the season. Ferrari do not have a stranglehold on 4th place in the constructors!
Jenson Button has seemed awfully down all weekend, despite performing INCREDIBLY well in both qualifying and the race. What do people make of this? Does he know that he's on the way out?

Well if it takes a threat to not renew his contract for him to pull his socks up and give a damn, its the best thing McLaren can do at the end of this year.

Keep the guy on his toes, get those points on the board and then shove him off....way past time for a real lead driver to get the team back to its proper place on the grid.

I think he knew that last year. But yeah, really nice performance by McLaren this race and perhaps it's something they can sustain for the balance of the season. Ferrari do not have a stranglehold on 4th place in the constructors!

I would love it if McLaren could catch Ferrari, although with Alonso still at the Scuderia, it is a long shot.

But hopefully, Force India will no longer embarrass the team any further than they already have done in the WCC
IMO its even worse that Jenson only qualifies well and really push it when threatened by Ron or when his contract renewal is fading fast. Its shocking that the most experienced driver and a WDC on the third highest wage is not able to maximise himself and extract the cars max EVERY SINGLE weekend - thats what the 2 drivers pay a similar amount do.
The fact that he probably showed the biggest gap between himself and the rookie Magnus here on a brand new track is a pointer that he does have some inante talent

But having inate talent or raw speed (he doesnt) or natural instinct is nothing without committeemen and integrity and a work ethic. Having hidden talent doesnt prevent you behavuing like a :duckie: its the smarmyness and the lazyness and dishonesty and inability to motivate yourself to do your job EVERY weekend that confirms Jensons career from lazy playboy to frank Williams backstabbing through to the disturbing affair

Also a lot of today was about the improved form of the McLaren - Mags came from 10 places to finish behind Jenson - Jenson is smoke next season and he now knows it
Come on cookin' one little atta boy won't kill you. Jenson drove the best possible race he was going to drive!
he does have some inate talent

Started in 4th finished in 4th, Mags finished in 5th - so the McLaren was the third best car this weekend behind Merc and Williams. Force india didnt turn up

not sure what Button did beyond having some inate talent and not making mistakes, which car did he beat that was faster or equal? did he overtake someone?
he does have some inate talent

Started in 4th finished in 4th, Mags finished in 5th - so the McLaren was the third best car this weekend behind Merc and Williams. Force india didnt turn up

not sure what Button did beyond having some inate talent and not making mistakes, which car did he beat that was faster or equal? did he overtake someone?

Just one, I mean that's a step in the right direction, but you can do better! Just a little atta-boy Jens! At least think of it as one step closer for McLaren to fourth position in the WCC. That should help right? He may be gone next season and you will never have the opportunity to do it again. Just one, please?
Ok, once he is confirmed to be leaving the team then I can really do an investigation into his good qualities

but until then I refuse to do anything that contributes to the recent near destruction of a great team
By oaba09
Another solid drive from jenson!...I'd love to have him as a secondary driver next season....he has won a championship and he has nothing left to prove but if there's one thing you can count on him, it's his consistency...at his age and form, he's no longer WDC material but he can still give mclaren some valuable points..

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
On a Jenson Button Support thread why do you, Cookin, have to say anything? It is obvious you don't support him so for those of us who actually like him, why can't you just stay away?
I have to read so much of what you have to say on every other thread, can you not just stop typing on this one?
Jens drove a great race today.
I support Jenson. :clap:
Jenson drove well in Sochi, So kudos Jenson. :clap:

If Jenson won't be in F1 next year, there is going to be a be gap in your life Cookin, You need JB in F1 more than any of us. Its like the road runner without wile e coyote. What will you do without JB Cookin?? your life won't be the same. :hehe:
Jenson drove well in Sochi, So kudos Jenson. :clap:

If Jenson won't be in F1 next year, there is going to be a be gap in your life Cookin, You need JB in F1 more than any of us. Its like the road runner without wile e coyote. What will you do without JB Cookin?? your life won't be the same. :hehe:

Like a heroin addict that boy is! I've been telling him for a while now, be careful what you ask for.
Yep, another very good race from Jenson. :clap:
Still performed better than Kimi this season.

There, my little atta-boy for JB.

See our F1 related articles too!