FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Jenson is capable of doing a good job and is ahead on points of his team mate. However the point his supporters tend to overlook is that this is not enough at a team like McLaren. McLaren built its success and record on having exceptional drivers in its seats, those drivers that stand out in each generation, those we still talk about, those that make the difference to the development team and staff and sponsors. Unfortunately for the team and fortunately for Jenson he was employed at a period of anamoly in McLarens history, when the management pursued a different approach. This is over now and to keep his seat Jenson has to drive to the best of his ability every single race, wring results beyond the cars place like Lewis, Alonso, Senna, Fittipaldi, Lauda and ultimately Bruce Mclaren himself.

Can Jenson drive like Canada 11 every single race, whether the car and balance and conditions are perfect or not? Can Ron turn him into one of the aforementioned drivers? I dont think so but I am watching the rest of his season with an open mind :hooli-popcorn:

he shoulda read this thread more for some hints on what Ron was gonna do to him
The last resort "I got a lot of money so quit judging me" has come by.....at last. The fall of McLaren could just about be complete now, before the rise begins again. *BIG SIGH*
By oaba09
I loved his comment about kevin...if jenson is gonna be replaced, it better be a high caliber driver like alonso...kevin needs another season...he has shown the he can be fast. He just needs to be more patient and calculating during races...
I tell you one thing about Jens. I bet he wished he'd never orchestrated to have Lewis leave that team! But I'm glad he did! I also hope McLaren come good again in the future, I think they will.
:yikes: Oh no, thats the last thing Porsche need, lets pray Alonso ends up at Porsche instead so they can start winning. Buttons manager is just plain desperate
Oh come now... the E in WEC stands for endurance. Mr. Iron Man can do that and then some, plus the primary focus is consistent fast pace laps and getting the car home, two things Button is not bad with. Single lap speed, racecraft, are things that are squelched slightly in the series when compared to F1.
i am only concerned with the 'giving his best, every race every lap' bit, instead of going missing and breaking out excuses as he has done for 15 years in F1.

But maybe he will have less pressure and more teammates to share the burden and keep him honest, but he has also already made his excuses about why WEC is not for him
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/111989

Alonso would be the best F1 to Endurance transfer yet, The chances of that happening even if for a year must have doubled recently. It would be poetic if Jenson got bumped from a possible Porsche drive at the last moment by Alonso :hehe:

Alonso push him out of the Benneton seat years ago, and now pushes him out of the McLaren seat without even taking it, then pushes him out of the Porsche seat :cloud9:
By LH44
I tell you one thing about Jens. I bet he wished he'd never orchestrated to have Lewis leave that team! But I'm glad he did! I also hope McLaren come good again in the future, I think they will.

I think it was a case of Button getting caught up in the bubble that Whitmarsh created at McLaren.
Button has turned out to be Lewis' biggest supporter of late. Commenting on Lewis' miserable luck and that his strength is coming back stronger than a powered up Pac-Man. I think Button seems to have become resolute in accepting whatever comes next for him.
Jenson Button says he would have no problem partnering Fernando Alonso at McLaren as "nothing scares" him about going head-to-head with a World Champion.

"I'm not fearful of any team-mate, and I find it exciting learning new people and the way people work, because it's not always what it might seem from the outside."

"I love working with team-mates that give it their all, are technically sound in terms of understanding a racing car and what to do with set-up, and are completely open, and that's something Kevin definitely has.

"He arrived inexperienced, so initially a lot was me developing the car, but he's learned so fast in terms of setting up the car.

http://www.planetf1.com/news/3213/9533216/Button-Is-Not-Fearful-Of-Alonso-Battle
So confirmation Button developed the 29 from the first race of the season where Mag did well with the new car :scratchchin:
Last edited by CookinFlat6 on 25 Oct 14, 21:52, edited 1 time in total.
Jenson Button says he would have no problem partnering Fernando Alonso at McLaren as "nothing scares" him about going head-to-head with a World Champion.

"I'm not fearful of any team-mate, and I find it exciting learning new people and the way people work, because it's not always what it might seem from the outside."

"I love working with team-mates that give it their all, are technically sound in terms of understanding a racing car and what to do with set-up, and are completely open, and that's something Kevin definitely has.

"He arrived inexperienced, so initially a lot was me developing the car, but he's learned so fast in terms of setting up the car.

So confirmation Button developed the 29 from the first race of the season where Mag did well with the new car :scratchchin:

Quotes without sources or reference are just a forum member posting, and all this in the JB Support thread! I do like Jenson a lot and will be sad to see him go. I am getting old.... All my favorites have or will be gone soon. :(

I am a McLaren supporter first then I have favourite drivers, maybe not the fastest or the best but I like them.

Less of the negativity in the JB Support thread please?

See our F1 related articles too!