FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

There is an outside chance that the Merc customer spot vacated by McLaren could go back to Sauber or Haas or whatever new team is coming in. It could be a long shot but unless Ferrari improve immensely this season I dont think he would have much to lose trying one of those teams.
He could probably make the difference at any Merc engined team and have a better shot at a title than remaining with ferrari IF their relative performance remains the same

McLaren, Ron and Honda cant be that much an easier option than staying at Ferrari. I just cannot see Ron going for it in a month of Sundays
 wrote:">
Alonso: Two titles not enough

16 April 2014 – Ferrari ace Fernando Alonso has said two F1 titles is not enough and that he will not be happy if he retires as 'only' a double World Champion.

Alonso took back-to-back titles with Renault in 2005 and 2006, and while he has come close to a third title a number of times since then, finishing third in 2007 and runner-up in 2010 and 2012, as well as in 2013, albeit a long way off Sebastian Vettel last year, he has still to emulate what the likes of Ayrton Senna, Niki Lauda, Jackie Stewart and Nelson Piquet managed, by becoming a three-time F1 World Champion.

"I never thought I'd become a F1 driver, I never thought I'd win one Grand Prix so I was not sure I could win two championships. I'm extremely proud and extremely happy with my career. If you ask me right now though, and I am in a middle of a competition, I am hungry for [more] victories, hungry for success and I will tell you that two championships are not enough," the Spaniard told CNN's 'The Circuit' ahead of this weekend's Chinese Grand Prix, the fourth round in the 2014 Formula 1 World Championship.

Alonso also added that the arrival of Kimi Räikkönen at the Scuderia this season has been a positive and that any tension between them is a media fantasy.

"I think he's very talented so that is a huge help and a huge motivation for myself first and also for the team because the team knows it has to deliver a good car because Kimi will deliver a good result," he continued.

"I think from the outside it's always exaggerated how the relationships between teammates are. It's true that you should beat your teammate to have a better reputation or to have a better result in that weekend. But believe me when we are in a meeting or a debrief after a race, people should see the atmosphere inside the team. There are zero problems, there are only good things or positive things - helpful comments from the other driver. There's a huge communication and a huge teamwork despite what you read or what you see from the outside," he emphasised.
This RBR run of four double doubles didn't still well with a lot of people. I agree that a couple of drivers with a little bit of fortune adjustment would have broken up that run for Red Bull. It's tough though to see the cards reshuffled and you still get handed a meh hand.

I think Alonso should finish out his career with Ferrari.
This RBR run of four double doubles didn't still well with a lot of people. I agree that a couple of drivers with a little bit of fortune adjustment would have broken up that run for Red Bull. It's tough though to see the cards reshuffled and you still get handed a meh hand.

If Nando decided, at this stage of his career, to leave because he felt he had a better chance somewhere else, then I think, like Schumi, he would leave with the care and support of the Tifosi. Of course it would be very tough for him, if SF finally got their act together and won, that would be very tough for him to take. In the end it will be his call. One positive would be it would free up a seat and I would love to see Kimi stay on with some really exciting new prospect who would have the time to and belief to develop with the team. Personally I'd love to see Dan in red :)
By bud

If Nando decided, at this stage of his career, to leave because he felt he had a better chance somewhere else, then I think, like Schumi, he would leave with the care and support of the Tifosi. Of course it would be very tough for him, if SF finally got their act together and won, that would be very tough for him to take. In the end it will be his call. One positive would be it would free up a seat and I would love to see Kimi stay on with some really exciting new prospect who would have the time to and belief to develop with the team. Personally I'd love to see Dan in red :)

Would he feel the "Italian driving for Ferrari" pressure given his heritage or would he be seen as just an Aussie?
Not sure how you measure how "nationality" you are?

I'd tend to think he's an Aussie of Italian heritage...... same as me :yes:

And there I was thinking you're a eunuch of my dungeon's heritage...

And there I was thinking you're a eunuch of my dungeon's heritage...

Well at least he's not a Swiss miss. :whip:
He's an Aussie. He's not nearly neurotic enough to be Italian.

(( :rofl: Neurosis don't seem to have a problem with nationality, eh?
They seem to be found in all the four corners of the Earth!! :whip: ))
By Roth
He's an Aussie. He's not nearly neurotic enough to be Italian.

(( :rofl: Neurosis don't seem to have a problem with nationality, eh?
They seem to be found in all the four corners of the Earth!! :whip: ))

See. Neurotic.
By bud
Here in Australia, there are 2nd Generation Australians whose maternal and paternal ancestors are from Italy and still claim to be Italian and not Australian.

See our F1 related articles too!