FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

I think sitting a year out would be detrimental to his career

:yes: It's not like he's Kimi, eh?

No, that's the point, he's not Kimi. Clearly.
Alonso is truly a joker if he thinks Merc will replace Nico with him or if he thinks Lewis will opt for McHonda in 2015 unless they are so good Alonso wouldnt prefer Merc anyway.
Merc are th one team who do not need what alonso brings - Santander, an ability to harvest points in a sh!t car and a track record of emotional destabilisation, politics and baggage the likes of which will fit in a Corporation like Merc about as well as Nigel Mansell would fit in an F1 car

So hanging on for a year could be the end of his top flight career, RBR wont have him, ferrari wont have him back, Merc wouldnt have him unless Lewis left and even then I suspect theyd rather poach Totos protege Bottas before looking at Alonso. Its McHonda (assuming Ron hasnt played him) or Lotus. There is an outside chance that he is scheming with some US billionaires to buy the Bharainis out and freeze Ron out but anyone seriously thinking the Bharainis would deal with Alonso in any shape or form after what he did would need something concrete to show.

its some good intrigue though :yikes:
I'd actually like to see Alonso's "obvious" remark be that he's buying into Haas and will be a co-owner/driver for them in 2016. Bridging them completely with Ferrari. That's my out there prediction but it's not like it would be too far out on a limb.
I'd actually like to see Alonso's "obvious" remark be that he's buying into Haas and will be a co-owner/driver for them in 2016. Bridging them completely with Ferrari. That's my out there prediction but it's not like it would be too far out on a limb.

Was thinking in the same direction :yes:

You can't live with me, you can't live without me. :cloud9:

BTW did you notice an explosion of Santander banks up by you?

That's only in and around the City.

That's only in and around the City.

I've got them all over here. New construction as well, not just re-branded branches. Furthers the hypothesis in my opinion at least from a sponsorship standpoint.
So Alonso sounding more assured this time round and less wistful

“I have a very ambitious plan in my head for my future. I think that this is the best thing for Ferrari as well. If that happens people will be very, very excited – as I am. I am extremely happy and all the things in the last two or three months follow exactly the plan that I had.

Whats changed recently thats actually true? Only confirmation Domenically joined Audi, who previously flatly denied they had employed him, as well as flatly denying they were finally turning up in F1 after promising years ago they would enter if the engine regs were changed to be more relevant. Ferrari customer Marrusia have suprisingly collapsed like a pack of cards out of thin air with less debt than they are owed at the end of the year from bernie.
Oh yeah, and Ferrari have just declared that they are dont care if Ferrari remain in F1 or becomes a handbag making company as they would rather have cash than any of its shares

So what does this all mean IF it was connected to Alonsos sudden apparent assurance that he holds the cards afterall and will surprise people AND Ferrari will gain, in his eyes??

An outrageous possibility - Audi will buy Marrusia off the liquidator and use its F1 entity to race in 2015 as Audi Marrusia Ferrari with Dom and Alonso and bring their engine in 2016 when the team is renamed Audi.
cookie, if you're right on this one I'll, I'll, I'll....well I don't know what I'll do :thumbup:
I have some ideas :hehe:

Even more outrageous - like Merc taking over Ferrari, dumping its engines and F1 team and having its own version of VWs Lamborghini to sell to Chinese haidressers.

Also who remebers the joking around bewteen Philip and Alonso about where he would be driving next season, We all thought Philip was taking the pee when he said..........
With the hints Alonso is dropping, I hope it's a big big ambitions deal. The sport needs a shakeup.

Audi have bought Marussia, and next year the super team will be Alonso and Chilton

See our F1 related articles too!