FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

By LRW
Now re: the crash.

I thought they had constant feed on every car. But they obviously only record a few - as there were no replays from the Ferrari drivers car....?
Not sure about that, I thought it was compulsory. Re: the crash... Bizarre? Inexplicable? Puzzling? The replays are clear enough IMO, the running wide is not unusual because of the cold tires, everything after that was a WTF moment.
Not sure about that, I thought it was compulsory. Re: the crash... Bizarre? Inexplicable? Puzzling? The replays are clear enough IMO, the running wide is not unusual because of the cold tires, everything after that was a WTF moment.

Definitely not unusual for Kimi, he's often taken advantage of the leniency of track limits at the start of races.
Doesn't the rules say you have to a set number of camera points of which a set number have to work. Maybe non of the cameras that where operational saw anything of interest. Just like Alonso had a rear facing camera so we got a lot of footage of the Vettel battle from that view.

Sent using NCC-1701

Definitely not unusual for Kimi, he's often taken advantage of the leniency of track limits at the start of races.

Yes, he mastered it at Spa till the stewards called it off. And this time when he understeered wide I think he stupidly kept his foot down in the knowledge that he had that hard surface to work with....what he didn't think about was his return to the circuit.
By far the best drivers in F1. :hehe:

:rofl:

I think the 'by far' is the clue to where Ferrari are relative to the front in F1 :hehe:
Will Buxton is actually one of the more unbiased guys on the grid. He's part of the NBCSports commentating team and generally has good insight/contacts into what's going on up and down the grid.
I'm on his email list. I don't get time to read all his articles but the ones I do are interesting.
Kimi's been doing it for years and always got away with it. Well, maybe didn't quite get away with it at Silverstone.

[youtube]yiD3el8sqgs[/youtube]

[youtube]sTlK4LzjOy0[/youtube]
Geeze those clips sound great, I kept playing them just listening to the sound. How I miss that - sigh
Let's see, 1 hour of waiting for the restart x 2.7 million people waiting for that one hour that's, 2.7 million hours of lost human life. Thanks Kimster! :thumbup:
An interesting read here about Kimi's crash, and about track limits and FIA. Rules in general.
http://willthef1journo.wordpress.com/20 ... #like-1823

Indeed, a very interesting read and I wholeheartedly agree; zero tolerance and leniency don't play well together. Yes, let's have the super abrasive runs offs; I have been banging on about the zero penalty tarmac run off areas for ages; Like Will said, these are the best 22 drivers on the planet; they shouldn't need a get out of jail free card!

See our F1 related articles too!