FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

By sagi58
Exactly, one race does not make a season!!

And, I wasn't referring "only" to Hamilton! Just finished reading that Massa,
who feels he's in the second best car, feels he has a good chance at the title.
At the end of the day, this was race one of the season! Anyone writing off any driver that
scored points should consider writing off the drivers who didn't score any points.

Lol right...so pace of the car doesn't matter at all, if you turtle your way around in midfield you're a championship contender, if you have a car which is a second faster than everyone else and your teammate dominated the race, you're still written off.

Logic EXTREME!
By sagi58
At the end of the day, this was race one of the season! Anyone writing off any driver that
scored points should consider writing off the drivers who didn't score any points.

Lol right...so pace of the car doesn't matter at all, if you turtle your way around in midfield you're a championship contender, if you have a car which is a second faster than everyone else and your teammate dominated the race, you're still written off.

Logic EXTREME!

"I" did NOT write anyone off!! "I" know enough to realize/recognize/appreciate that teams continue to develop their cars.
"I" said you can't write anyone off, just yet. "I" said basically the same thing as RC:
...Not that I'm writing anyone off, that would be foolish after one race.

But, I don't see your post mocking her! :whip:
Kimi says he thinks he's going to retire once he finishes his stint with Ferrari.
By sagi58
Kimi says he thinks he's going to retire once he finishes his stint with Ferrari.

What??? Where did you read/hear that?? :crying:

Lol I'm not surprised, he came to Ferrari for the pay check and to be paid on time, period.

Lol I'm not surprised, he came to Ferrari for the pay check and to be paid on time, period.

:yes:
By sagi58
If Ferrari is happy to pay him his salary, why is that a problem for anyone?
It's not like any of us work for free and, if given the opportunity, most of
us would go to a new company who pays more, on time and has benefits.

Let's not be hypocritical, eh? :thumbup:
Who has a problem with it? I'm happy for Kimi, he's getting what he wants while delivering holiday drives and everyone's happy.
Kimi is Kimi. And when employing Kimi you know what your getting. Kimi's attitude( or the attitude he gives out to the media and fans) is perfect for surviving the world of F1.

This has given me an idea for another topic and since it isn't all to do with Kimi I'll start it in another thread.
By sagi58
 wrote:">Inconsistent handling affecting speed – Räikkönen

19 April 2014 – Ferrari driver Kimi Räikkönen says that the inconsistent handling of the F14T affected his performance during qualifying for the Chinese Grand Prix.

Räikkönen struggled throughout qualifying in wet conditions in China as he set the 11th fastest time and failed to make the cut for Q3 for the second time this season.

"The past two days have been difficult, because after yesterday's technical problem, this morning I also only did a single run, but overall, I felt more comfortable in the car," he said.

"Unfortunately, on my last run in Q2, when I was on my quick lap, I lost a lot of time in the final sector and that meant I didn't make the cut to Q3. The car's handling was inconsistent, as it was stable in some parts of the track and less so in others.

"I had some problems with the balance and this had an effect on my performance. It's too early to say what happened, but the time lost yesterday definitely didn't help. Now I want to concentrate on tomorrow's race and try my best to end this weekend with a good result."

By sagi58
 wrote:">Chinese F1 Grand Prix: Raikkonen: ‘F**k all to do with motivation’

Kimi Raikkonen says his motivation had “f**k all” to do with his lack of competitiveness in the Chinese Grand Prix.

While Fernando Alonso finished on the podium for Ferrari, Raikkonen struggled to eighth place, a minute behind his team-mate. Having admitted the weekend was a tough one for him, Raikkonen was asked how his motivation was during such a difficult race, to which he replied: “I don't know why you always come up with motivation.

“If I were not motivated I wouldn't be here answering this kind of question. It's f**k all to do with that, we have bad races and that's an unfortunate thing but that's how it goes sometimes. Our aim is to improve and get where we want to be.” ...

I guess that many, including myself were expecting a Titanic battle between Raikkonen and Alonso and that hasn't materialized thusfar. I am disappointed as on paper, this is the second strongest driver paring on the grid this season and Raikkonen has been nowhere in comparison to his team mate.
I would of rated it as the strongest line up as we know that both Alonso and Kimi can keep it together with championship pressure. Mercedes however Nico is an unknown quantity.

I think Kimi will be much better when he get the feel of this car. Look at how he was with Lotus until he got the steering to how he likes it.

Sent using NCC-1701

See our F1 related articles too!