FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

By Hammer278
Minttu? Congrats to Kimi, but Jenni was wayyyy hotter. :blush:
By sagi58
Thankfully, for us ""un-hot"" females, there's no accounting for taste!! :twisted:
By sagi58
 wrote:">Rob Wilson on Kimi Raikkonen and other driver's styles

Published on Mar 25, 2013

Driving guru Rob Wilson talks about Kimi Raikkonen's ability to get the most out of his car,
and comments on Jenson Button's smooth style outlining the pros and cons.

[youtube]TmEoJCKhsqo[/youtube]
By sagi58
Formula1Insider599 wrote:">Kimi Raikkonen's Top 10 F1 Team Radio Messages
Published on Aug 2, 2013

Here is a compilation of the ten best F1 team radio messages from the driver
who is king of talking to his team, the iceman Kimi Raikkonen. They are nearly
all from the 2012-13 seasons except for his championship winning transmission
at number 7 which was back in 2007 at Ferrari. Hopefully i've done a good job
with ordering the messages and have your say in the comments if you think
there is anything that could have been put in a different place. As always enjoy!

[youtube]JLM5xqZdy2E[/youtube]
By What's Burning?
If Massa would have done that, the noises coming from the Tifosi would be deafening. Glad to see Kimi has support going into the year. A lot of excellent driver pairings up and down the grid!
By sagi58
If Massa had done that, it would have been more of the same old, same old.
With Kimi, he's starting on a fresh slate!! But, don't kid yourself, there are
a lot of Massa supporters who are ready to pounce on Kimi and probably did.

Ah, well... nothing you can do about it, since we all can't be on the same page.
By Hammer278
I can't help feeling this isn't the same Kimi who drove for McLaren and that first year in Ferrari though. It's like he left F1 to learn how to crash and came back with some new skills. :hehe:

But I'd be rooting for him to beat the other Ferrari, so all the best Kimi...let er rip. :thumbup:
It would be funny if they got exactly the same points in the end
That would be an embarrassment for Alonso...being Kimi's first year back in Ferrari and also out of the sport for 3 (or was it 4?_) years previously. :wink:
By sagi58
How so? Kimi has been back for a couple of years.
More importantly, the CAR is not the same as it was last year and the year before that,
when Alonso did more than could be expected.
That would be an embarrassment for Alonso...being Kimi's first year back in Ferrari and also out of the sport for 3 (or was it 4?_) years previously. :wink:

Actually it was 2 years, not 3 or 4, and he was out of F1 not motorsport entirely. As Sagi said Kimi has been back in F1 2 full seasons, and last year scored as many wins as Hamilton (in a Lotus no less). I think Kimi has done enough over the last 2 seasons to show that he is back, and 1 of the top 5 drivers in F1. Getting beaten by Kimi this year should not be an embarrassment to anyone.
Wow feels like he was away for ages! Guess I missed his presence more than I thought. :hehe:

The only real gauge we had of Kimi was Roman. Who matched Kimi's speed in his crashkid year, and was completely out of sorts for the first half of 2013, and then started beating Kimi consistently in the 2nd half.

Kimi's proven he can still drive F1 cars very well, but not that he's the same guy from pre-rally days. He never looked 2nd in pace to anyone at any point before his exit.

This year should tell us where he's at.
By sagi58
...Kimi's proven he can still drive F1 cars very well, but not that he's the same guy from pre-rally days. He never looked 2nd in pace to anyone at any point before his exit...

Those last two years he was at Ferrari, in a Ferrari that was competitive.
Even Massa looked good, at that time!!
((NO offence intended to Massa :D ))
Ah good point. His last year at Ferrari, I recall Alonso being hired even before the season began and Kimi having 2 straight weekends of strange unreliability issues and Massa getting a free pass on him both times...after which Kimi was on snoozemode till the end of the season. Yep, 2nd on pace that time around but motivation might've been an issue. :D

See our F1 related articles too!