FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

I have just realised, I have no memory of Kimi ' s championship year.

You don't remember spygate and alonso getting wound up by his rookie teammate? Or do you mean you dont remember noticing Kimi sneaking in there to take the WDC in the end?
I think I feel the same way which is weird. What I "remember" which is more of a feeling than a memory, is not how a championship was won but how a championship was lost. Is it because the that story is so much more salacious?
Oh I got sloshed that night with a few Kimi fans...it was during my uni days. It was the first time since 99 a driver I supported won the WDC. Fantastic night for me, coming from 3rd to win. :D

And Kimi was definitely WDC material. His McLaren days were epic, and really deserved 2 trophies in his McLaren days already if not for stupid reliability issues.
I have just realised, I have no memory of Kimi ' s championship year.

You don't remember spygate and alonso getting wound up by his rookie teammate? Or do you mean you dont remember noticing Kimi sneaking in there to take the WDC in the end?

Yes I remember that but that was not Kimi related.
Only 18 races into the season, this is really going to bode well for Ferrari as they now know that Kimi will start next year with the right setup where the rubber meets the road!

ESPNF1 Marco Mattiacci believes the Brazilian Grand Prix was the first time Ferrari has seen Kimi Raikkonen's true potential this year.

Raikkonen finished seventh behind Fernando Alonso at Interlagos, but was in a tight battle with his team-mate in the final laps and was the only driver able to make a two-stop strategy work. Raikkonen has struggled with the Ferrari all season and complained of a lack of front-end grip, but Mattiacci says he has never doubted the Finn.

"I think we have seen a very positive Kimi this weekend [in Brazil] and he really did a terrific race, as Fernando did," Mattiacci said. "But considering where we are coming from [with Raikkonen], I would say this was really one of the first weekends where Kimi felt the car suited him, and we have seen this with his racing.

"Kimi is a top professional and he doesn't need pressure from me, we work well together. He's a top driver and we're building step-by-step preparing for the future. He knows very well how to react to pressure and I'm extremely happy for the race he did."

Raikkonen lost time due to a problem with the front jack at his second pit stop, but Mattiacci said the Ferrari team made up for the mistake by working wonders with the car earlier in the weekend.

"Unfortunately there was this issue at the pit stop with Kimi, but it happened and I'm extremely confident with the work that all these guys are doing in the pits and they are excellent guys. If I told you what we have experienced during the weekend, they did a phenomenal job to make sure the car was ready to go to the grid."
Lol.....good to see the Iceman managed to hit the ground running. :D
Merry Christmas for Raikkonen!

F1 - Lotus has settled most of its debts and paid Raikkonen ...
His salary has weighed heavily on the team

December 21, 2014 - 8:47 by Olivier Ferret
Lotus's financial position is much healthier this year than last year. And Matthew Carter, executive director of the team at Enstone, says that the debts were paid in large part. Including one concerning ... Kimi Raikkonen.

The Finnish pilot elected to have surgery in the back end of last season, missing the last two races with Lotus. Officially because he was in pain, unofficially because he had not been paid for many, many months.

"The situation of creditors has improved significantly compared to last year," says Matthew Carter. "And a major component was Kimi Raikkonen. He represented a large percentage of our debt, but it has since been paid in full."

Including generous bonuses granted to Raikkonen in 2012 and 2013, the Finn having scored many points and even win with Lotus. That added € 25 million in addition to his salary for the two years together

Lotus has also significantly reduced its operating costs. The team went from 568 to 470 employees in the space of one year. In the end, the loss in 2014 is expected to reach 7 million euros instead of 71 and 83 million euros in 2012 and 2013. Finally, the arrival of PDVSA was good auditors.

"Everyone says that Lotus is on the edge of ruin. I can assure you that this is not the case," says Carter. "We have met the challenge and from huge losses we now have the hoping to be close to balance. The plan is to protect us financially and to make improvements on the track. "

This is what has hurt Lotus in 2014. But 2015 will allow Enstone to find a more dignified position of his rank.

"I will not lie, If we do a similar season to 2014 next year, then we have a real problem I have sold a lot to our sponsors on the argument that we'll be back next year . If this is not the case then we have a problem. "

http://motorsport.nextgen-auto.com/Lotu ... 85299.html
That's Good news for Lotus, sounds much healthier. I guess the switch to Merc engines will have helped a bit. I hope they come back fighting next year.
(Who's the rather cute Tom Cruise look alike in the photo? :P )
I think Kimi became a daddy last night. Congrats KimI :clap:
Congratulations to Minttu and Kimi!

What to name this minikimi? Hunter Raikkonen sounds good, after James Hunt of course.
Magnum Matias Raikkonen, no need to thank me.

See our F1 related articles too!