FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

I've been thinking about Vettel and I think he's taken up serious swimming. I mean early morning training sessions , the whole shebang.
In previous years, the pundits, the F1 experts, put much of Seb' success down to his hard work with the engineers and visiting the pirelli factory ( the lone voice was MarcHughes who spotted Seb's expert use of Adrian Newey's DD car). Seb himself confirmed that while his competitors played in the swimming pool, he was in the garage working with the engineers. So is his current downturn in form due to him embracing the joys of the swimming pool?
Perhaps Jens has enticed him into triathalons, and he needs more practice on the swimming leg.
I've been thinking about Vettel and I think he's taken up serious swimming. I mean early morning training sessions , the whole shebang.
In previous years, the pundits, the F1 experts, put much of Seb' success down to his hard work with the engineers and visiting the pirelli factory ( the lone voice was MarcHughes who spotted Seb's expert use of Adrian Newey's DD car). Seb himself confirmed that while his competitors played in the swimming pool, he was in the garage working with the engineers. So is his current downturn in form due to him embracing the joys of the swimming pool?
Perhaps Jens has enticed him into triathalons, and he needs more practice on the swimming leg.

Interesting idea. We do know that he seriously considered quitting F1 completely after his teammate outclassed him race in race out, maybe he had his mind on a long distance swimming career and had his mind on this. We have been told he is very strong mentally and thats why he has been able to handle getting spanked by his near rookie teammate, and we know that a strong mental attitude is required for the lonely business of long distance swimming in the pool

Redbull - Blown Diffuser = Pic
Quick someone tell Stewart that Seb has a distraction away from F1. :yikes:
STEWART: (on Hamilton) I don’t think he does have. Going into the music industry, as it has been suggested he might, will be a distraction.
Quick someone tell Stewart that Seb has a distraction away from F1. :yikes:
STEWART: (on Hamilton) I don’t think he does have. Going into the music industry, as it has been suggested he might, will be a distraction.

" as has been suggested" he doesn't even know the facts. Music is a hobby for Lewis, a love, not a driving force and not what he wants to make his main focus when he leaves F1
Interestingly enough, despite all the pressure Lewis is under Stewart is now backing him to win the WDC

but its hard to take anything the Caledonian windbag says seriously after this gem

Jackie Stewart advises Lewis Hamilton to stay at McLaren

IBNLIVE - Triple Formula One world champion Jackie Stewart advised Lewis Hamilton on Saturday to stay at McLaren and "the devil you know" rather than risk a move to Mercedes for next season.

The retired champion, who became a successful team owner and businessman after hanging up his helmet in 1973, told reporters at the Italian Grand Prix that Hamilton, maybe, did not realise how lucky he was.

"I personally would stay with McLaren. They have the resources, the money, the long-term commitment, huge experience," he said.

"He [Hamilton] wouldn't be here today without them, and there is a degree of loyalty you should always have."
This was a few years ago, he said Seb had to move to prove himself, then said Lewis had to stay to prove his loyalty :rofl:

This week even the highly-respected voice of three-time world champion Jackie Stewart was heard decrying Vettel's claims to be one of the greatest of all. His view was that Vettel had to move to prove himself in more adverse conditions, as Schumacher did in winning five titles with a previously-forlorn Ferrrari after winning two at Benetton.It was a view that Red Bull motorsport advisor Helmut Marko said he could not take seriously.Vettel himself was more fulsome on the subject when he was questioned during a celebratory visit to Red Bull's Milton Keynes base.

However, the Scot is confident that the 27-year-old can achieve a similar level of success that Schumacher enjoyed and become the first Ferrari racer to win the drivers' title since Kimi Raikkonen in 2007.
"It's a totally different challenge to go and race for Ferrari and it's a very intoxicating thing to do - I nearly did it, but didn't go for it. The politics in Ferrari are different than any other racing team," he told Perform.
"Sebastian probably needs a change, he's been under the same management team for a long time. And I'm sure he was disappointed with his early part of the [2014] season.
"The first half of the season was not exciting - he's done some very good racing since then and he's clearly [got talent] - you don't win four world championships without an awful lot of talent.

check out the windbag, slipping in talk of the greatest driver ever...in his dreams

"Lewis is very fast. Faster than probably any grand prix driver on the track today, but not consistently at that level and he drives in a fashion that you can't do it consistently. It's same as anything in business; if you get to be super-entrepreneurial you will fall and make a mistake if you go over the top. He often goes over the top.

"He's now moved to Mercedes. Whether they're going to be as good as McLaren I'm not at all sure. McLaren's got more experience, not a multinational corporation. There is no board on the racing team at McLaren. There will be a board at Mercedes-Benz, as there was a board at Jaguar after I sold it to Ford. Boards don't work in Formula 1."
Wonder what Vettel's opinion on Alonso's driving is now after having driven his 2012 ride.
ESPNF1 Sebastian Vettel got behind the wheel of a Ferrari for the first time on Saturday at Fiorano.

Vettel, whose move to Ferrari was confirmed in Abu Dhabi, drove its 2012 model at the team's test track, with F1 regulations allowing the running of a two-year old car for drivers to accumulate mileage. Red Bull blocked Vettel from driving for Ferrari at the official test days at Abu Dhabi earlier this week, with Kimi Raikkonen and reserve driver Raffaele Marciello taking over.

The test will have little bearing on development of the 2015 car, which is ongoing, but will have allowed Vettel to try a seat fitting for next season. Though renowned for changing his helmet frequently during his career, Vettel wore a plain white lid for the visit, notably without the Red Bull branding which has accompanied him throughout his career.

The car driven by Vettel was the same one he beat to the title in 2012 by three points, when he overcame Fernando Alonso.

See our F1 related articles too!