FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Jock Clear is moving to Ferrari to replace Pat Fry.

ferrari seem to keep doing the same thing. They took Fry from McLaren and promoted him to a role they didnt allow him to become ready for

I suspect Toto had this in mind when he said this recently

"One of the key things is to place people in roles depending on their skills and competence - and make sure they stay in their field of competence.

"You can develop people but that is very dangerous - just look at the Peter Principle. A technical director being promoted to a team principal is not necessarily right.

"Today's F1 teams are not the organisations they were 10 or even five years ago.

"You need to place the people where they perform best and then give them everything they need to perform best."

Theres likely a good reason Jock Clear has remained a driver chassis engineer and has not displaced Aldo Costa as head of chassis. But maybe Ferrari have pulled off a coup and Jock Clear is actually the real star of the Chassis at Merc
Looks like the Hamilton's are having fun!

But those helmet mounted camera's are blamed for Schumacher's injury?, the last thing F1 needs is another head injury tragedy! Stay on the soft fluffy stuff guys!

Hmmm Hamilton in Red!
Last edited by overboost on 23 Dec 14, 02:03, edited 4 times in total.
How was the camera said to be at fault for MS' accident? do you have a link to this?
How does a camera cause an accident when its on the guys head? You dont think....nah....are you really thinking that he was TESTING the camera and thats why he had the accident???

It has been said that does testing normal people wouldnt consider logical, but hey, you could actually be right, look forward to seeing the links
It was reported a while back and then a particular manufacturers name was linked to the incident just recently. The camera weakens the helmet or contributed to the injury in some way is what I make of it.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-10-14/s ... ra/5813874

Hard to believe it has been almost one year.
Ah ok, 1 French journo speculated and contradicted himself, and now its gospel truth that the Gopro camera caused MS' accident, pure bunking class :thumbup:
Ah ok, 1 French journo speculated and contradicted himself, and now its gospel truth that the Gopro camera caused MS' accident, pure bunking class :thumbup:

The French guy just recently speculated on the particular brand, it was reported many months ago as part of the investigation.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/motors ... uries.html

I wouldn't want to risk it, those helmets don't offer much protection in the first place. They are only rated for impacts up to 20-25kph!
I believe it's been announced that Lewis will keep number 44 next year.
[youtube]UmzX0wqgSEU[/youtube]
Got that one book marked Ang! :thumbup:
I've now watched that silver arrows review of 2014 three times. I love it!
The box sets of lewis hats are now on eBay at between £250 and £400 and the bixes alone( they're really just quite flimsy cardboard) are selling for £25. Individual hats from the are on there from between £35 starting bids to about £100.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lewis-Hamilto ... 27f53cc0de

See our F1 related articles too!