FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

It was a good year. A good year.

:yes: Despite Pirellis!
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/formula-1/spoty-winner-lewis-hamilton-should-4816173

I've never bought this paper...but this seems a balanced article about Lewis....by Oliver Holt.
And photos..Lewis goes cliff diving etc....
And a chance to vote if Lewis deserved to win the SPOTY.
At the moment 80% say YES... :thumbup:

Nice article Ang. Like you I don't read that paper but I enjoyed that. :)
http://www1.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/9611097/jock-clear-lewis-hamiltons-performance-engineer-linked-with-a-move-to-ferrari
Looks like Lewis is losing one of his engineers....

Meanwhile Fernando takes Andrea Stella with him to McHonda...

I wonder who'll replace Jock?
:thumbup:
I'm not a massive fan of Jonathon Woss, but today Lewis is on the show, so I will have to suffer him. :D show starts in ten minutes if anyone's interested.
I'm not a massive fan of Jonathon Woss, but today Lewis is on the show, so I will have to suffer him. :D show starts in ten minutes if anyone's interested.

I wish I could be a fly on the wall when you watch :twisted::P
Lewis was a step ahead of me. I didn't *know* it until I saw Nico cheer as if he's won it as he was getting out of his car.
F1Fanatic Lewis Hamilton was immediately suspicious of Nico Rosberg’s reasons for going off the track during qualifying for the Monaco Grand Prix.

New team radio of the incident released by Formula One Management on the official 2014 F1 season review shows Hamilton immediately suspected his team mate had gone off the track deliberately.

Rosberg was already on provisional pole position at the time and began his final lap with Hamilton following him. When he went off at Mirabeau it brought out yellow flags which meant Hamilton was had to back off and was therefore unable to beat him.

On Mercedes’ team radio at the time Hamilton was told “yellow, yellow turn five”. He replied “ah, that was very good of him” after seeing Rosberg’s car parked in the slip-road at Mirabeau. “Very good,” Hamilton added again.

Rosberg’s move was investigated by the stewards at the time. But they took no action, ruling they “could find no evidence of any offence related to the turn five incident.” He started the race from pole position and won.

Hamilton recently described the incident as part of an rivalry between the two drivers which escalated “to another level” in Monaco. He has also alluded to revealing information in the data from Rosberg’s car about the incident.
I dont even know why Lewis bothers with these half baked British Tv shows just going thru the motions. He should just take the opportunity to let them all stew. Be the dark and moody world champ, let them crawl and gag for his presence. That would be easier for him and he would have a reason - they werent there when he was fighting to finish off the German, why does he let them off so easy? They were happy to cast him as the pretender, so why try become the arse kissing Button type now, He should exploit the space they made for him, his fans dont need him on these mickey mouse shows, and the ones who are not his fans are never gonna give him any slack so why turn up at all???
ESPN's driver of the year. I really enjoyed the summary more than the classification....since it really brings out the truth of what people prefer to avoid....regarding Nico Rosberg and the Fonz.

1. Lewis Hamilton
Team: Mercedes
Championship Position: 1st
Best Result: 1st
Lewis Hamilton's second world title was a long time coming. Since 2008 he has been through emotional turmoil on and off the track, defied paddock logic by switching from McLaren to Mercedes and taken a bunch of hits from the media along the way. But the driver that has emerged on the other side is more complete, just as tenacious and entirely relaxed in his own skin. Hamilton is a true champion.
But why does he top this list? Why not Daniel Ricciardo? Why not Fernando Alonso? After all, Hamilton still made mistakes and showed signs of cracking under pressure, especially in qualifying this year. The difference in 2014, however, is that those errors and slip ups used to be his undoing and now they only seem to make him stronger. Ricciardo won when he had the opportunities but wasn't carrying the burden of a championship challenge on his shoulders. Alonso was relentless in a sub-par car but was poison within the team, dividing it for his own means which arguably left both Ferrari and himself weaker.

Hamilton, however, was only ever interested in one thing: winning fair and square. Nico Rosberg tried every trick in the book to put him off, and at times it appeared to work, but Hamilton hit back with the most valuable weapon in his armoury, his god-given talent. It's always been there, but so often he has not been able to exploit it to its full potential. This year he had an answer for everything Rosberg and the rest of the world threw at him and for that reason he is ESPN's Driver of the Year.

For the top 5:

http://en.espnf1.com/f1/motorsport/story/187851.html

Sebastian Vettel didn't even ake the top 10, and the explanation for it is in that link I posted. I stopped frequenting this site years back since the news is a bit slower than the rest, but pleased to see the bold and straightforward analysis by the author for the Top 10.
Brilliant write up on Lewis! Thanks for posting that Hammer!
After all, Hamilton still made mistakes and showed signs of cracking under pressure, especially in qualifying this year. The difference in 2014, however, is that those errors and slip ups used to be his undoing and now they only seem to make him stronger.

espn appear to contradict themselves here, maybe pandering to the 'doubters' - if he shows signs of cracking up yet is stronger afterwards, then the signs of cracking up were not signs of cracking up but signs of him getting stronger. Cracking up is a discreet state of being, you dont crack up a bit or crack up in a strong way, you crack up - theres a crack afterwards - you crossed a line, you were no longer in control etc. Maybe they should have said he made errors and slip ups that appeared to be signs of cracking up to people who mistook them for signs of cracking up when they were just errors and slip ups.

Little things like that annoy me even if the rest wasnt too bad

See our F1 related articles too!