FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

The fact remains, that mercedes actively pursued Hamilton and ditched Schumacher.

Didn't even keep him on to continue to develop their V6 Turbo PU in the V8 powered car. :rolleyes:

The only gauge which carried over from the MS-hybrid-developing era were the tyres....and we saw how wonderfully the car used them in 2013. :hehe:

MS was a great asset indeed.
Another gauge which should have carried over from the V8s was the ability for each team to develop their own engine between each race - apparently this saves more money than a yearly freeze in lalaland
By sagi58

I'm not; however, it is interesting to note the huge difference in how
many races Schumi didn't complete. Especially, in light of the fact
that Mercedes was working/developing/designing for the future.

So MS was developing parts for the hybrid, and thats why Nico beat him :thumbup:

Now that wasn't so hard to suggest, was it? :thumbup:
By sagi58
Can we get back on topic here?

Good idea, since the development of engines doesn't have anything to do with Hamilton, right? :P
Didn't we have a moderator just a day or two ago say to drop the fictitious engine development discussion? why do you feel compelled to come into this thread to make inflammatory statements that are blatantly false?

I'd welcome any and and all criticism you'd be willing to make that had documented sources but seriously Sagi53, you have to stop with the incessant ridiculousness. Provide sources or stop repeating things that have no foundation, specifically in a support thread.
I used to be of the opinion that we all should help moderate blatantly wrong members - i.e make sure the forum is facilitating its true purpose. We all have a responsibility to point out wrong things and help ensure they do not remain on the forum uncontested or retracted. We wont be helping anyone reading anything and hoping to learn truths
However I now think its best to leave it to the mods as it can be offputting for others to see someone get corrected repeatedly until they stop being wrong, in those instances its better for everyone apparently to have someone who is wrong continue to be wrong rather than have long exchanges
So I guess the buck needs to stop with the moderators to censure wrong things, and ofcourse this puts added pressure on them to be correct themselves about facts, when its much easier to allow the general membership to assist

Maybe we need threads were F1 facts and opinions are strictly encouraged and jokey derailings, smutty diversions, and plain fantasy and lies are actively policed, maybe part of the porsche lounge could be public and fullfill this. I hope I am not being presumptive or commenting on the genral moderation/rules here, its just a suggestion to consider
By sagi58
Didn't we have a moderator just a day or two ago say to drop the fictitious engine development discussion?

Duly noted.

Hope you don't mind my quoting you, at the appropriate time!!
Didn't we have a moderator just a day or two ago say to drop the fictitious engine development discussion?

Duly noted.

Good you now admit to the fictitious bit :thumbup:
By sagi58
:rolleyes: I refuse to rise to the bait!!
But, don't let me stop you from Image!!
By sagi58
...However I now think its best to leave it to the mods...

Self-editing and deleting your own posts, also helps! :thumbup:
:rolleyes: I refuse to rise to the bait!!
But, don't let me stop you from Image!!

Sagi, you have been doing enough of your own baiting, posts that I have had to delete in recent days, I don't care if others have done it, as moderators we will not stand for tit-for-tat actions, STOP IT NOW! one more and it'll be a warning, this is not an empty threat, this goes for everyone else in this little circle of bait as well!

See our F1 related articles too!