FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

By ang4f1
Some great posts Cooki .. :thumbup:

Yesterday Lewis was in Salford/Manchester.....this is only 40ish miles from where I live...& I didn't know, until I saw the local TV News at 6.30 pm last night. He was there to meet a new junior Karting Champion who had won his title same time as Lewis...The 7/8 year old was called Harley, he got a surprise visit from his hero Lewis, whilst he was doing a radio interview. Lewis had his race winning car outside the studio & Harley got to sit in it...Lewis was signing autographs for fans....If only I'd known...I could have been there ... :(
I've been looking all day, with no luck for news or a vid of the event...& was rapidly coming to the conclusion...that I had dreamed it.....but I've have just seen the vid ...hard to believe, that the car & Lewis had got from Abu Dhabi so quickly.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... at+salford

edit ...the link doesn't seem to work
Last edited by ang4f1 on 26 Nov 14, 20:50, edited 1 time in total.
It's not the car that won the title but it's a replica of it. The car has the old nose, 2013 steering wheel and has Nico's windscreen on it.
By ang4f1
It's not the car that won the title but it's a replica of it. The car has the old nose, 2013 steering wheel and has Nico's windscreen on it.

I thought they must have been lightning quick...getting up to Manchester.... :)
It works. :thumbup: what a amazing day for that little boy. He couldn't believe his eyes!
Mercedes are selling these...

image.jpg

Well I had to didnt I! :shrug:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By sagi58
...As WB just said, is there any chance Lewis can ask for less data sharing under his new contract? Toto has always said data must be shared to move Merc forward the maximum it can, and I understand that. But might a compromise be found?

I would suggest that all depends on what Wolff and Mercedes decide is more important.
The WCC or the WDC. Obviously, they want both; but, if the WCC had to be sacrificed
as part of that "compromise", I would imagine it wouldn't be acceptable.

image.jpg

I'd like that exact T-shirt but not with the name....rather a Mercedes AMG World Champions with a conspicuous #44 on the front pocket area or smth. I know they have their own team shirt but that's just too bright and 'flowery' for my taste.

image.jpg

I'd like that exact T-shirt but not with the name....rather a Mercedes AMG World Champions with a conspicuous #44 on the front pocket area or smth. I know they have their own team shirt but that's just too bright and 'flowery' for my taste.

I don't care if I sing if from the rooftops, it's fine for me. :rofl: but they do do the team shirt as well , the one with the tourquoise writing that all the team were wearing. It's nice but it's the Merc one rather than the Lewis one. The price isn't too bad £26 But the postage is steep. And for some reason when I ordered my hats the price went down and no postage was added. Panicking slightly about that now.

You could get that one and customise it. I do a nice line in customised T's :P
By LRW

image.jpg

I don't care if I sing if from the rooftops, it's fine for me. :rofl: but they do do the team shirt as well , the one with the tourquoise writing that all the team were wearing. It's nice but it's the Merc one rather than the Lewis one. The price isn't too bad £26 But the postage is steep. And for some reason when I ordered my hats the price went down and no postage was added. Panicking slightly about that now.

You could get that one and customise it. I do a nice line in customised T's :P

Do you know what, now you mention it I did read an article the other day about that. Seems there was a greater demand than they had anticipated so some orders they had to automatically convert to the Rosberg only package. So instead of the 6(?) Hats they just sent 4 hats with Rosberg printed all over them
:rofl::rofl:

And they ran out of those and had to send a package of 4 Jenson Button caps dating back from Brawn still lying in a cupboard at Brackley to the lucky ones who ordered a bit late :hehe:
By LRW
:rofl: :rofl:

And they ran out of those and had to send a package of 4 Jenson Button caps dating back from Brawn still lying in a cupboard at Brackley to the lucky ones who ordered a bit late :hehe:

Lucky buggers. Real collectors items them.
:yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes:

See our F1 related articles too!