FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Interesting words from Minardi, an ex team boss who loves to talk about F1

“The embarrassing domination of Mercedes allowed a cake-walk for Rosberg but Hamilton entertained with breath-taking over-taking on his way to claiming a podium and there was an exciting duel between Alonso and Ricciardo. It was a Grand Prix that took revenge on all the negative talk earlier in the season.”

Strange he doesnt mention the ragged, desperate and sloppy behaviour exhibited by Hamilton that overshadowed the whole afternoon

maybe he is a Hamilton fan who thinks the sun shines out his backside and that why he doesnt mention the glaring faults that we have luckily been alerted to

“The embarrassing domination of Mercedes allowed a cake-walk for Rosberg but Hamilton entertained with breath-taking over-taking on his way to claiming a podium and there was an exciting duel between Alonso and Ricciardo. It was a Grand Prix that took revenge on all the negative talk earlier in the season.”

Strange he doesnt mention the ragged, desperate and sloppy behaviour exhibited by Hamilton that overshadowed the whole afternoon

maybe he is a Hamilton fan who thinks the sun shines out his backside and that why he doesnt mention the glaring faults that we have luckily been alerted to

Not sure what to make of the "embarrassing domination" remark... :confused:
its obligatory when discussing a German sports team to slip in the word domination, the embarrassing bit refers maybe to the safety car that was completely dominated - come on Lee get with the programme, collect the green hymnsheet :hehe:

actually the embarassing part could mean how much the FRICS loss affected them
By LRW
Everyone have a laugh at what Jacque Villneuve has said to blid (translated via Google):

Link

With Nico Rosberg Mercedes has just extended the contract for 2017 - now the Stuttgart also want world champion Sebastian Vettel. SPORT BILD know at Mercedes you are dreaming of a German National Team "on four wheels."

The Treaty of Lewis Hamilton, Rosberg's current teammate runs from the end of 2015. And believe you ex- Formula 1 World Champion Jacques Villeneuve, he will not extend it.Villeneuve to SPORT BILD: "Lewis Hamilton (third place in Hockenheim, note) will not be here long.Everyone in the German team wants the German world champion. Lewis was only bought to make Nico even better. ". "

Mercedes motorsport boss Toto Wolff will not comment on the rumors SPORT BILD demand, but says: "The environment is too competitive to want to go into all our plans in public. We're talking about a handful of top riders. They are fought over by the best teams. We are therefore trying to build a know-how of how the market moves, and then come to a decision. "

Red Bull's motorsport director Helmut Marko confirmed but: "Of course, make the attack! And not only. Also McLaren-Honda has Sebastian made a cheeky high supply. "

Vettel Villeneuve advises a change. The former champion in SPORT BILD: "Sebastian has to go by Red Bull," he says. "The public is just going to rethink their opinion of him. In the mid-size car, it looks as if it were even a middle-class drivers. "

From a switch to Mercedes Villeneuve advises the four-time world champion Vettel from though. He says: "At Mercedes counts only the brand, not the driver. And Rosberg's team has long been recognized for it. "

:D
By Roth

OMG!!!!! You are TOTALLY talking about me!!!!!! I think a little bit of pee just came out!!!!
Not wanting to burst your 'its all about me' bubble, I was referencing a big crowd who have popped up regularly over the years to push exactly the same kind of contra-evidence, unfair, lynch mob mantra - 'he's good but' etc etc
At least you have the gonads to say whats on your mind and stick by your conviction - so theres hope for you yet. I reckon one of these days you will actually watch a proper Lewis race and before we know it you will be out with the pom poms
Thing is you provide original and structured opinions which is good, however, you are all over the place with them because they are not anchored to facts. Theres nothing wrong with saying 'for me Lewis was sloppy because this that whatever' but when you say Lewis is sloppy, and has mental health issues, because of circumstantial evidence despite more tangible facts pointing to the opposite then you gotta expect a lot of 'cross referencing' whenever a post or discussion needs to reference a biased 'unappreciator'

The first time I saw Lewis in the McLaren seat, however once he took on reigning WDC Alonso ON THE FIRST CORNER OF HIS FIRST RACE, I couldnt wait to see more. and I feel sorry for those who despite what they see on track still have their minds made up about him.
Its like going to see a play and before you even arrive you have decided that its all fake and the actors are just acting badly and the backdrops are a joke - whats the fricken point?
'F1 is crap, it sounds bad, its too restrictive, there is no data, its about saving fuel' - how is that gonna change anything but make you miss the glory when it pops up? The glory of guys willing to drive a machine at its limit for 60 laps making split second decisions and trusting some unknown unspoken part of your mind. Anyone who has raced will know what I mean
Last edited by CookinFlat6 on 24 Jul 14, 02:17, edited 1 time in total.
By Roth
You used my buzzwords. I'm just the punching bag for 'that' crowd, because at the moment I'm the only one of 'that' crowd around here. I'm not counting geet (sorry geet), he's an obvious WUM.

So it was about me. More or less.

And what's a proper Lewis race, if i may ask? Surely they are all proper Lewis races. He's not a robot, but a human prone to mistakes. Are they only 'real' when he aces quali and blitzes the field? Vettel's had bunch of those but that's not the proper Vettel according to forum folklore. Sorry if that's not what you meant by your comment. Extrapolate your point if i got the wrong end of the stick.

The rest just reads like a teacher handing me back my homework with a C grade. Most of it's inaccurate too, but you know that.

I remember his first seaon too. It was very exciting. There was obviously something very special about him. Still is. But because I say something negative I can't appreciate racing or Hamilton? Very odd leap of logic. Unless that was a general statement aimed at some invisible foe. It's hard to tell once you're on a roll.

It's also odd the two drivers you ridicule the most are Button and Nico, despite them being part of the spectacle which is the "glory of guys willing to drive a machine at its limit for 60 laps making split second decisions and trusting some unknown unspoken part of your mind". And strong teammates to Hamilton.

You've got to do better than this to get me, cookie. I can swat this stuff away all day long.
And what's a proper Lewis race, if i may ask? Surely they are all proper Lewis races. He's not a robot, but a human prone to mistakes. Are they only 'real' when he aces quali and blitzes the field? Vettel's had bunch of those but that's not the proper Vettel according to forum folklore. Sorry if that's not what you meant by your comment. Extrapolate your point if i got the wrong end of the stick.

A proper Lewis race is when we are on the edge of our seats saying 'how can a mere mortal be that brave, that confident in the unknown to even think about that move let alone do it, and a few times, on the drivers who are great (relatively)
A proper race is when he isnt hampered by stewards, on the fly new regulations, crashing midfield desperadoes, useless team boss, bad luck when leading, and once in a while when the aforementioned gets to him and he looks around and wonders if he is different or looks different from others that get cut all the slack and are judged by differen standards especially by the 'yes he good BUT' bandits
The rest just reads like a teacher handing me back my homework with a C grade. Most of it's inaccurate too, but you know that.

Yup most of your homework is inaccurate, the clue is the number of people who notice
I remember his first seaon too. It was very exciting. There was obviously something very special about him. Still is. But because I say something negative I can't appreciate racing or Hamilton? Very odd leap of logic. Unless that was a general statement aimed at some invisible foe. It's hard to tell once you're on a roll. .

Because you say negative things without foundation and when challenged, change tack and widen the focus
It's also odd the two drivers you ridicule the most are Button and Nico, despite them being part of the spectacle which is the "glory of guys willing to drive a machine at its limit for 60 laps making split second decisions and trusting some unknown unspoken part of your mind". And strong teammates to Hamilton.

Button has never driven a car to its limits for 60 laps, because the grip and balance are inconsistent and unpredictable near the limit, and thats why his excuse for not driving at fast enough is that he had no grip or balance
You've go to better than this to get me, cookie. I can swat this stuff away all day long.

Ok if you say so. You said I ridicule Nico more than any other driver apart from button? So another sweeping statement without foundation presented as fact. And I bet when I challenge you to prove this you will hit the flanks and widen the focus

Actually while we are here, please supply a few quotes where I ridicule Nico, and i will bet you 100GBP (donated to the forum via paypal) that for every 1 quote you ""find"" I can supply 3 where I praise him

showtime bro :)
By Roth
A proper Lewis race is when we are on the edge of our seats saying 'how can a mere mortal be that brave, that confident in the unknown to even think about that move let alone do it, and a few times, on the drivers who are great (relatively)

Is this in the handbook? The one written, edited and illustrated by CookinFlat6? Send me the pdf.

Yup most of your homework is inaccurate, the clue is the number of people who notice

Unless you have a phd in Hamilton Studies and I've enrolled as a disciple, it's all just opinion. It's an opinion you refute but you're refutation doesn't mean much to me when you misuse the word conjecture and keep throwing it back.

It's not a very selective crowd who notice either. It's a very pro-Hamilton forum. So it's not a matter of how many people notice, but the people themselves who all hold the same POV.

Because you say negative things without foundation and when challenged, change tack and widen the focus

When did i change tack and widen the focus? When I mentioned the kids thing? You widened with your cr*ppy play analogy. Otherwise I haven't done this thing you accuse me of. Again.

Button has never driven a car to its limits for 60 laps, because the grip and balance are inconsistent and unpredictable near the limit, and thats why his excuse for not driving at fast enough is that he had no grip or balance

Well your original statement should have come with an asterix listing all the drivers who don't fall into this category. I'm a bit slow and find it hard to keep track. Or read your mind.

Ok if you say so. You said I ridicule Nico more than any other driver apart from button? So another sweeping statement without foundation presented as fact. And I bet when I challenge you to prove this you will hit the flanks and widen the focus

This widen flank focus thing is your new line of attack. I'm liking the variety but it falls under the same category of misquoteing me. It's smoke and mirrors to throw me off.

Actually while we are here, please supply a few quotes where I ridicule Nico, and i will bet you 100GBP (donated to the forum via paypal) that for every 1 quote you ""find"" I can supply 3 where I praise him

showtime bro :)

Really, I'm not going back over your posts. You know that's not going to happen, so you throw it out there to make me look bad because you can they say, well, you haven't got proof. Child's play.
How about instead I call you on it every single time you do it from now and and see if you can resist the temptation just to prove me wrong.

And what was that ratio thing? You said you don't ridicule him so there shouldn't be a ratio. And if you do admit to it, why 3 to 1? I prefer 23 to 1. It's a prettier number. Very random.

The important thing I should take from this is even if you do say a lot more positive things about Nico, I shouldn't only concentrate on the negative ones, because that's just bang out of order and jolly unfair. That's the main point, give or take? But if I didn't gloss over everything you say, where would I be?
Roth, cookie doesn't ridicule Nico, not at all, he respects him a lot. He's a completely different animal to Button, no comparison.
He's a better driver too!

Yeah, and I meant that too :D
Roth, cookie doesn't ridicule Nico, not at all, he respects him a lot. He's a completely different animal to Button, no comparison.

Like i said RC, its another example of roth making sweeping statements not anchored on any fact or evidence apart from widening the focus around the particular 'rothism' under discussion allowing him to bypass said 'rothism' and start on 'Lewis fans' or 'indulgent parents' or 'general inability to see his mistakes' thereby moving away from the specific 'mistake' used as justification for the 'rothism' and already shown to be WRONG by several people. Eg Lewis was at fault in button incident and this overshadows the entire race

At least he doesnt actually change sides from one 'rothism' to another and appears to have a point buried somewhere behind the sweeping statements

^rant/

See our F1 related articles too!