FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

By sagi58
Lewis just made a very good point. If he wins this weekend it would be his 3rd in a row and he'd be 4 points behind Rosberg despite his DNF.

That would depend where rosberg finishes.

I think that Hamilton is probably correct in assuming that Mercedes will have another 1-2 finish! :wink:
By ang4f1
Senna the 2nd........ Really?.........

Why not.

Like a throwback to 1988....Senna VS Prost only this is the modern version of team and drivers. How often do we see slugfests like in Bahrain and possibly more to come? :thumbup:

Ayrton Senna's sister has said that Lewis is the driver most like him....

IMHO the Lewis v Nico duel....is better than Senna v Prost...
Media/pundits would seriously love a slanging match...I can't see it happening. These two have respect for one another... :yes:

Here's hoping for another..... edge of the seat race, this week-end...& if it rains...it'll be wet.... :D
[youtube]7kx0vWx7o_k&[/youtube]
image.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By RyRy
Vettel was close in India 2012 he topped every FP and topped Q2 & Q3 and led every lap and won but Button got fastest lap and Maldonado was fastest in Q1.

Lewis and Vettel and have done that quite a few times, got close to walking the whole weekend but one they lose a lot it's fastest lap because other cars have incidents during the race and pit for fresh rubber at end of the race.

Sent from my Nexus 4
_
Lewis and 'Nando, the most complete drivers on the grid.... :clap:

_

Yep. The true racers. The two that can do it in uncompetitive cars as well as dominant cars.

( amazing really for Lewis when he can't look after his tyres, can't think through a race, lacks intelligence, can't save fuel, can't develop a car, can only drive fast, is petulant Di dar Di dar Di dar)
You know why I like Lewis? Because he doesn't feel the need to get a "fastest lap. Pole, and race win leading every lap does just fine thank you very much. No insolent child syndrome here.
By sagi58
"Needing" to get the fastest lap is not the same as "wanting" the hat trick during a race weekend!!
If any driver is able to get pole and the win, why wouldn't he "want" the trio, if only for posterity??
And, why would anyone blame any driver for being competitive?? That's what they're there for!! :confused:

((p.s. NOTHING to do with petulance, or what have you!! ))
By sagi58
I think it was great of Hamilton to give his father/family credit, during the podium interviews:

wrote:">“I was racing myself”: Hat-trick Hamilton Cruises to Shanghai win

...On the subject of equalling Lauda and Clark today he said, ” I come from Stevenage and my Dad and my family did so much to get me here. Now I’m with the greats; I hope my Dad is proud and my family is proud.”...
In my eyes he already equalled them the last time out ( Spa 08 still counts despite the mafia tactics :P)

:yes: absolutely. That's a travesty I find very hard to let go of.
By ang4f1
In my eyes he already equalled them the last time out ( Spa 08 still counts despite the mafia tactics :P)

:yes: absolutely. That's a travesty I find very hard to let go of.

IMO...Spa 2008 is still his best win...after a great start/getaway, losing the lead on the first lap with a mistake, then for the whole race hunting down the new leader Kimi (the master of Spa) it was amazing. Then the rain at the end producing such a thrilling finish...on the wrong tyres, driving on a knife edge...don't touch the white painted kerbs....lead changing, absolutely fantastic...
Only to be tarnished by the unbelievable descision...after the race... to the donate the race...to felipe...who was a long way back...tippy toe-ing along ...& said he was ...'lukin after mi points'...
Hey...I've told myself ...to let this go...but it was so unfair. :thumbdown:
Rules were changed :bs: /clarified after.... to try to make it ok? Absolutely disgraceful... :banghead:

China this week-end....Bruno Senna was commentating on Sky...and at the end of Quali...he was saying how Lewis in Q3 missed the slippy kerbs by a millimetre...& Nico managed to touch them...causing the spin at the end of his fast lap.
Nico is as fast as Lewis but not as clean/crisp/precise in where he puts his car. Martin Brundle said Nico looked ragged in Q3.

Lewis has amazing awareness..his overtake at Bahrain that Nico complained about ...was millimetres from NR end plate...not a problem with Lewis ...
I think it was Coulthard rabbiting on BBC...saying LH could have damaged NIco car or wrecked his own tyre...blah blah blah...I wish he would :director: shut the :censored: up....this is the type of racing that is way above C level...& IMO was stifled at McLaren under ukw x2....
:clap: great post Ang! The retrospective rule change after Spa 2008 was an abomination, but it's what we've come to expect from the FIA, blood boiling in its audacity. Why do we continue watching this sport when we get treated to displays of idiocy like that?

We continue because we get to see what Lewis did to trigger that FIA response, we get to see displays like Bahrain, Austin( forget the year) Silverstone 2008, and others. And when it's Alonso and Lewis going at it , it's sublime.
Mr, Coulthard and Mr. Brundle can trip out the bias comments, they can talk about ' thinking drivers' and the ' smooth drivers' and how skilful if is to be smooth and thinking. But when Lewis is on form in a team that offers him support, they have no answers.
image.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

See our F1 related articles too!