FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

If Lewis can keep this momentum going and clinch the WDC he will be the ONLY driver on the grid that can say he has won multiple championships with more than one team which is huge and I predict will trigger a move of team for the stat hungry Vettel.
By 1Lemon
Hamilton is his own driver, but calling him Senna the 2nd is, I feel, disrespectful.

That's right cause he's better than Senna. :hehe:

:whip:
Speaking of followers, (I know this is the LH thread) Mercedes has now got....

4,924,066 likes on facebook. :whip:

I wonder if they can hit 10mill before the end of the season. :scratchchin:
Be cool if they could! The Lewis effect? :P
By Roth

No, people just love the new engines. Merc can take that to the FIA as proof things don't need to change.

No, people just love the new engines. Merc can take that to the FIA as proof things don't need to change.

I think Lewis may have a part in the rise of fans, but I'll take it that the engine plays a big part :yes: and yes,that massive fan base is going to make it hard for the FIA to suddenly change the rules. But Todt has poo pooed a rule change, so phew! Mercs wonderful engine looks to be safe :D
ESPNF1 Rosberg was able to gain pole in Bahrain after studying telemetry from Hamilton's runs during practice, after seeing his team-mate top the timesheets in all three sessions. Mercedes' motorsport boss Wolff welcomes that approach and is not about to put a stop to it any time soon, even if it seems likely the pair will only be fighting each other for the drivers' title.

Here's to the guy that "can't" according to all the F1 pundits and people putting down Hamilton's talent at driving whatever F1 car he happens to be sitting on top of. Hate his personality all you want, but he'll take any other driver on the grid to school! Thank you Mercedes for bringing the RACING back into our sport. :clap:
__

Congrats(!), ladies and gents, it seems that we have all finally gotten what we wanted -- Lewis in what looks to be a great car, with a fast teammate, and a (seemingly) highly competent race day operation to support them both.

I guess all us "true believers" ( :D ), always saw races like the last two in the various "if only" scenarios we envisioned in our minds, over the last five years or so.

So now I'm stoked that finally the rest of the F1 community at large, has gotten to see what we have seen from the very first -- (through various advantages of insight we might have had, most of which were not of our own construction :)) -- and consequently, a lot more people now "get it" too, constant media spin notwithstanding. I'm sure this is going to be a lot of fun.

Good luck to all the teams and drivers (and their fans, I'm sure this thing is going to tighten up over the course of the season).

And although I can't keep up with all the threads or posts, whenever I do pop in here, all you guys continue to inform and entertain at the highest levels. You all are always cracking me up (which is a welcome respite that is much appreciated in our challenging and changing world).

So raise a glass, to F1, to MercedesF1, to good, fair, competition (Red Bull, are you listening?), to Lewis and Nico, to this great forum, and most of all, to each other. :beer:

Peace and love, y'all, peace and love.
__

p.s. Hey, maybe I've just realized what my new "handle" might be -- PeaceAndLove or somesuch -- sounds kinda lame at present (as a username, not as a philosophy of living), but I'll keep working on it. :thumbup:

Later, y'all. :D
__
Yeah great post TheTruth :)
___

Thanks guys, much appreciated. :)

If universal love isn't the answer to all the craziness I'm seeing around me everyday, I don't know what else possibly could be....

But one thing I do know, we all LOVE f1, and we all love our favorites in f1. So it is in that spirit that I thought I'd just give a shout out to my old (and new) friends, to express my appreciation for what you all do.

And of course, with LEWHAM going into beast mode these last two outings, :clap: , :hehe::hehe: .
___
Lewis just made a very good point. If he wins this weekend it would be his 3rd in a row and he'd be 4 points behind Rosberg despite his DNF.
Lewis just made a very good point. If he wins this weekend it would be his 3rd in a row and he'd be 4 points behind Rosberg despite his DNF.

That would depend where rosberg finishes.
___

Thanks guys, much appreciated. :)

If universal love isn't the answer to all the craziness I'm seeing around me everyday, I don't know what else possibly could be....

But one thing I do know, we all LOVE f1, and we all love our favorites in f1. So it is in that spirit that I thought I'd just give a shout out to my old (and new) friends, to express my appreciation for what you all do.

And of course, with LEWHAM going into beast mode these last two outings, :clap: , :hehe::hehe: .
___

:clap: And im going to silverstone for my 2nd F1 race this year :clap:

May have to go Abu Dubai as well if i can afford it :blush:

See our F1 related articles too!