FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Maybe Mark Webber can take him down a peg or two by punching Hamilton in the face... to claim Schumacher's accomplishments were not because of his talent is outrageous. I will say that his first title was won using dubious methods, the following six were not, yes he had a subservient team mate, but that has been the case with many top drivers at Ferrari. I went off Hamilton during the 2011 season when he was driving like a d**k and his comments were very distasteful, especially using the race card when referring to why he was being hauled in front of the stewards so much, joke or not, it's not something that should have been said. Anyway, I hope that Ferrari can give Vettel a car that can compete to bring Hamilton down to Earth with a bump.
By sagi58
... yes [Schumi] had a subservient team mate, but that has been the case with many top drivers at Ferrari...

Just because Ferrari chooses to be honest about their 1-2 driver philosophy doesn't mean it doesn't exist in
other teams. Others may choose to create the illusion that both drivers are equal. Call me a cynic; but, the
only way I could believe that is if BOTH drivers are on the SAME salary, the SAME bonuses, etc... :thumbup:

Case in point, Mercedes!!

Of the two, Hamilton is obviously the better driver, with the bigger bounce in his step on the way to the bank.
I have no problem believing that some decisions, some developments, some designs favour him, considering
he is Mercedes' big star! :thumbup:
Interesting view point on Lewis wrt his Schumacher comments

http://blog.axisofoversteer.com/2015/11 ... nlike.html

Never one to pass up the opportunity to keep his mouth shut, Lewis Hamilton told Germany's Focus he has has won his championships strictly because of his "natural ability", unlike Michael Schumacher who had done "other things" to win.

What those "other things" might be, the Briton did not elaborate on.

Presumably, Hamilton whose first championship was owed to other people's errors and who has won two more after stepping into a car so superior to the rest of the field it has been accused of killing F1, feels Schumacher had it easy.

It's true, Schumacher never did have to pose in his underwear on Instagram which is hard work.

Schumacher also spent five years raising Ferrari from chumps to champs at the turn of the century, and later two seasons with the thankless task of developing the very car the British working class hero driver got to step into.

Hamilton also had kind words for his teammate Nico Rosberg: "Nico did really well this year, but people can see I'm driving better"

Yup, Lewis is a natural alright.
By sagi58
... http://blog.axisofoversteer.com/2015/11 ... nlike.html

... Schumacher also spent five years raising Ferrari from chumps to champs at the turn of the century, and later two seasons with the thankless task of developing the very car the British working class hero driver got to step into...

Finally! Someone who doesn't belittle my own opinion that Schumi was hired,
by Mercedes/Brawn basically to develop their car!Image
I don't think anyone's denying Schumacher's natural ability and the hard work he put in to achieve what he did but he did get one or two crosses on his report card and did have a particular status within the team which Lewis hasn't had the luxury of. Should Lewis be saying such things, probably not and I agree that he probably does owe Schumacher some gratitude for his work with Merc before he got the seat there.
People are at their best when unbound from rules and given freedom instead of being stifled. Unfortunately in some cases it can lead to self destruction, but I guess that's what you're hoping for.
By sagi58
People are at their best when unbound from rules and given freedom instead of being stifled. Unfortunately in some cases it can lead to self destruction, but I guess that's what you're hoping for.

Speaking for myself, I am NOT hoping for any sort of self-destruction on his part or anyone else's!

Having said that, for those Hamilton fans who put him on a pedestal, it's a hard lesson to learn:
even the "gods" have feet of clay.
Having said that, for those Hamilton fans who put him on a pedestal, it's a hard lesson to learn:

Well, some non fans like to imagine him on a pedestal just so they can knock him off so it's not just the fans that see him up there.
By sagi58

Well, some non fans like to imagine him on a pedestal just so they can knock him off so it's not just the fans that see him up there.

Well, I know you're not referring to me!! :thumbup:
Hamilton confirms that changes made to his car was responsible for his poor performance at the end of the season.

""In terms of my overall performance in the last few races, what I can definitely say is there has been a change in the car," he revealed.

The Briton says no one at Mercedes really knows "what on earth" happened in Singapore, where the team was mysteriously off the pace.

"The engineers looked into it and came up with lots of different explanations and we grabbed at one and changed a few things," said Hamilton.

"But the car had been fantastic all year, so that doesn't really completely make sense to me. And the car balance has not felt the same since.

"It has gone from being underneath me - as racing drivers describe it when they feel confident in what the car will do - to not underneath me."

http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns32555.html

It is interesting that Rosberg was able to quickly adapt to the changes, rumored more rear downforce, and was able to win the last three races while Hamilton seemed to have no ability to cope with the improvements.

If Hamilton doesn’t make a adjustment next year could be very interesting. Especially if Ferrari bring a an improved car.

If Rosberg starts strong, and Vettel is competitive, will Hamilton submit to team orders? Or could Mercedes team in-fighting lead to wdc #5 for Vettel?
It's an odd situation as Hamilton used to be the master to wrestling a dog of a car into a race winning car as shown many times while at McLaren, why is he having such a hard time adapting here when his team mate that he has pretty much beaten all season long has adapted almost instantly, I really hope this continues so we might at least have a title battle in 2015.

See our F1 related articles too!