FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Lewis to Ferrari 2017!! watch out finger boy! we coming to shove that finger where the sun don't shine!

:eek: where? :yikes:

Probably means Scotland.
Lewis to Ferrari 2017!! watch out finger boy! we coming to shove that finger where the sun don't shine!

:eek: where? :yikes:

Probably means Scotland.

:rofl:
By sagi58
And, it's done...

wrote:">Hamilton signs new deal with Mercedes

MONACO, Monaco - Formula One champion Lewis Hamilton signed a new 3-year deal with Mercedes on Wednesday, ending rumours of his potential move to Ferrari.

The deal was announced ahead of this weekend's Monaco Grand Prix.

Since leaving McLaren in 2013, Hamilton has competed in 43 races, winning 15 and securing a further 11 podium finishes to replace four-time world champion Sebastian Vettel — the only other driver to beat him this season — as the sport's No. 1 driver.

Hamilton currently leads teammate Nico Rosberg by 20 points after three wins in five races this season.

"Mercedes is my home and I couldn't be happier to be staying here for another three years," Hamilton said. "This is a company filled with real passionate racers, from the board room to the factory floor, and an incredible hunger to win. Even after the success of last year, that hunger is greater than ever - and it's the same for me, too."

Last year, Hamilton won 11 races as he claimed a second world title. His consistency has seen him reach the podium in 21 of the past 24 races since the beginning of last season, with 14 wins, five second-place finishes and two third places. With 36 career race wins, and given Mercedes' superior speed, he should overtake Vettel's 40 wins this year.

"The Mercedes car I am driving right now is the best I have ever had in my career," Hamilton said. "It's just so much fun to be out there every weekend, on the limit and fighting to win at every track. Mercedes-Benz began supporting me in 1998 so I am very proud that this contract means I will mark 20 years with Mercedes in 2018."

Hamilton, who represents himself since splitting with his advisers after last season, fueled the suspense by remaining silent over his future for a long period. He said in March that the new deal was almost signed with only small details left to take care of, but negotiations took a long time to be concluded.

"Continuity is one of the key factors for delivering success in Formula One and we now have that in place," Mercedes head of Motorsport Toto Wolff said. "Lewis enjoyed an historic world championship season with Mercedes-Benz last year and it was a priority for this season to renew his contract for the next term.

"We have taken the right amount of time with the process and not rushed ourselves. The result is a strong agreement that will enhance Lewis' association with the Mercedes-Benz brand, and that recognizes and respects the market value of Lewis and of Mercedes in Formula One."

Mercedes did not reveal the financial aspects of the deal, which is estimated to be worth 90 million pounds ($140 million).

It's rather amusing that David Coultard writing on the BBC website is comparing Lewis Hamilton's disaster in Hungary to Suzuka 1990 where Senna deliberately drove into Alain Prost to win the WDC and Schumacher in 1994, again to win the title. There's a big difference between making multiple mistakes compared to a deliberate action like Senna in '90 and Schumacher in '94.

Full Article: http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/formula1/33686713
By sagi58
Can't say that I blame Hamilton, after all, why rock the boat when you're sailing on calm waters?

wrote:">Lewis Hamilton urges Mercedes not to provide Red Bull engines

Double Formula One world champion Lewis Hamilton has warned his employers Mercedes that it would be a mistake to supply rivals Red Bull with engines if that team's partnership with Renault comes to an end.

The possibility has been mooted should Renault withdraw from the sport or acquire Lotus as their favoured works team.

The French manufacturer is currently assessing its options, with a decision expected soon. "I think if we're serious about winning world championships, probably not," Hamilton told Sky television at the Italian Grand Prix when asked whether it would be a wise move for Mercedes, whose power unit is currently dominant.

"Red Bull is a great team and it's like giving Ferrari our engine," added the Briton, 28 points clear in the championship and well on the way to a third title.

"We're here to win so we don't really need it. There's no financial benefit really in it, so I think we're good where we are." ...
Hamilton is losing his grip on reality. :rolleyes:

http://autoweek.com/article/formula-one ... z3qZ1UUoil

Hamilton hints that his titles are more deserving than Schumacher's

The head of Michael Schumacher's fan club has lashed out at Lewis Hamilton for Hamilton's comments about the beleaguered Formula One legend.

Kolner Express, a German tabloid, has quoted the new three-time champion Hamilton as comparing his achievements with the record seven titles won by Schumacher.

"I've never done the things that Michael did to win my titles," Hamilton is quoted as saying. "I won mine with my natural abilities only."

Hamilton may have been referring to divided opinions about Schumacher's wheel-to-wheel tactics, or rumors of favoritism within Ferrari and tire supplier Bridgestone.

But considering the sad situation now endured by the beleaguered Schumacher and his family, Reiner Ferling said, "Hamilton should probably switch on his brain before he talks.

"He should learn about what Michael achieved. I just say, pride comes before a fall," added Ferling, president of the fan club in Schumacher's hometown of Kerpen.

Schumacher has not been seen in public since he was critically injured in a skiing accident in France on Dec. 26, 2013.

By GMM

Read more: http://autoweek.com/article/formula-one ... z3qaOQKbwB
By sagi58
Let alone that Schumi is in such a state of health, doesn't Hamilton get it?
If not for the rules that have literally halted any in-season development
and the token system in place, at the moment, no one has the opportunity
to develop a car such as the one he's driving.

WoW! :rolleyes:
"I've never done the things that Michael did to win my titles," Hamilton is quoted as saying. "I won mine with my natural abilities only."

Yeah, you've never done any development work like MS did :rolleyes:
Micheal Schumacher only won one title, his first by using dubious means, that being Adelaide '94, the incident with Jacques Villeneuve in '97 backfired on Schumacher.

I keep on hearing the term "Legend" applied to Hamilton, I think it's too early for that, two of his championships were won in all conquering car with a team mate that really hasn't mounted a serious challenge. I think that half the grid could have won a title or two with the dominant Mercedes chassis / engine package.
Micheal Schumacher only won one title....

To quote a wise man, "That's a bit harsh!" :twisted:

Also taken out of context, naughty! :nono:
Now Hamilton is trying to distance himself from his comments saying he wasn't trying to disrespect Schumacher when he disrespected him! Sad really especially when considering Schumachers' fate.

http://planetf1.com/news/hamilton-denie ... ng-schumi/

Here is a video of Hamilton answering the question about him being more like Senna or Schumacher, go to 55 secs. His opinion on Schumacher seems clear enough to me! He certainly shouldn't be compared to either of these greats imo with his wins over the likes of Massa and Rosberg but it was an interview for Mercedes sponsor Puma so flattery by the interviewer probably needs to be taken into account.

http://www.focus.de/sport/videos/hamilt ... 51839.html
By sagi58

My apologies, MOA!! I misread that... I'd like to blame the commas;
but, I do seem to be doing that a lot, lately, albeit NOT maliciously...

Again, I'm sorry!! :blush:

((note to self, SLOW down when you read!! Then, re-read!! :banghead: ))
By sagi58
 wrote:">Hamilton hints that his titles are more deserving than Schumacher's
...Hamilton may have been referring to divided opinions about Schumacher's wheel-to-wheel tactics, or rumors of favoritism within Ferrari and tire supplier Bridgestone...

Isn't it ironic that Hamilton is also a driver about whom there are "divided opinions"?

Isn't it ironic that Hamilton is accusing Mercedes of "being extra warm" to Rosberg, now that both titles have been won?

Read how the BBC seems to meld those two ironies, when reporting on the Mexican GP "tire strategy fiasco":

Andrew Benson wrote:">Lewis Hamilton's pit call stand-off in Mexico could haunt Mercedes..."There was no risk," Hamilton said afterwards. "There was nothing for me to lose. We have won the constructors' championship, the team have won. So let me take a risk - let's go for it."

That is a racing driver thinking of himself, not the team. A racing driver talking with the confidence borne of comfortably beating Rosberg over the last two seasons, in which Hamilton has demonstrated both to his satisfaction and that of most observers that he is not only a slightly faster driver than the German but also far, far better at wheel-to-wheel racing...

My apologies, MOA!! I misread that... I'd like to blame the commas;
but, I do seem to be doing that a lot, lately, albeit NOT maliciously...

Again, I'm sorry!! :blush:

((note to self, SLOW down when you read!! Then, re-read!! :banghead: ))

No need to worry, I never thought it was malicious. If I did think that the message was malicious it would have been deleted and a PM sent! :)

See our F1 related articles too!