FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Whoah! I've been travelling for two days and am out of touch. What's going on here ?
Where did I read that Merc want Rosberg to win? Was it something to do with Villeneuve? I've been skim reading to catch up. Now talk of Vettel going to Merc?? Come on! Merc want to appeal to the world not just Germany! Surely? Someone talk some sense to me!! Cool of Lewis to say I'd like to stay but stuff them if they don't want me!!! So what's happening please?
He's a better driver too!

He is a racer, button isnt. button is a driver that is not able to drive as fast as is possible - theres only one reason for that and the clue is the toilet roll i reckon he carries in the car

whats the point of a driver who is not fast and is said to make up for it by (whatever the latest brundle excuse is - tyres, weather, fuel saving, strategy, steak dinners) its like having a poor billionnaire, or a miss world contestant with a 'nice personality'
whats the point of a driver who advances if others fall off the track ahead? whats the point of a driver who needs a whole team at work trying to make a car with perfect balance thats also as fast as others that can be driven unbalanced round corners? Even drivers that could be said not to have outrite pace as their main asset like Alonso and Prost would completely waste him - what other driver is in F1 that isnt 'fast'

and why did the big TPs overlook him before and even after the lucky DD WDc

except for the one loser who has since been shown to be the worst TP ever by his complete rout from F1 with his tail between his legs while the team try repair the destruction wreaked in 3 years on a team that was built up over decades

And thats just a small sample of the evidence on which I openly admit i base my opinion of him on, we could go into stitching up frank who gave him a first and second chance, we could go into his pregnant gf alleging he threw her out once he got in F1 but whats the point?

It seems its enough nowadays to just turn up and start putting a driver and his fans down because he was 'sloppy' and 'mentally weak' :banghead:
Whoah! I've been travelling for two days and am out of touch. What's going on here ?
Where did I read that Merc want Rosberg to win? Was it something to do with Villeneuve? I've been skim reading to catch up. Now talk of Vettel going to Merc?? Come on! Merc want to appeal to the world not just Germany! Surely? Someone talk some sense to me!! Cool of Lewis to say I'd like to stay but stuff them if they don't want me!!! So what's happening please?

its the usual projections based cartoon like reasoning by F1 has beens like villeneuve and sensationalism from good old bild

they brought Lewis in for a reason and if there is one bunch that are likely to shy away from a ferrari style nationalistic pride inbred and old fashioned mild xenophobia, it could be the germans for reasons we all know about. And the guy said to be the driving force behind this is not even German but Austrian, yes they sound the same but it wouldnt fit with what Merc could do if they wanted to really go down the ein folk, ein reich route again

then you got the modern German football team with its brand new 'variety' , and you take into account the markketing side - its the usual contract negotiations charade i reckon
Cos at the moment he's getting beaten by an Australian team mate. At least when if goes to Merc and gets beaten by Nico he'd enjoy having the fastest car.

Here's Lewis' talky thing.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/formula1/28474554
By Roth
He's a better driver too!

He is a racer, button isnt. button is a driver that is not able to drive as fast as is possible - theres only one reason for that and the clue is the toilet roll i reckon he carries in the car

whats the point of a driver who is not fast and is said to make up for it by (whatever the latest brundle excuse is - tyres, weather, fuel saving, strategy, steak dinners) its like having a poor billionnaire, or a miss world contestant with a 'nice personality'
whats the point of a driver who advances if others fall off the track ahead? whats the point of a driver who needs a whole team at work trying to make a car with perfect balance thats also as fast as others that can be driven unbalanced round corners? Even drivers that could be said not to have outrite pace as their main asset like Alonso and Prost would completely waste him - what other driver is in F1 that isnt 'fast'

and why did the big TPs overlook him before and even after the lucky DD WDc

except for the one loser who has since been shown to be the worst TP ever by his complete rout from F1 with his tail between his legs while the team try repair the destruction wreaked in 3 years on a team that was built up over decades

And thats just a small sample of the evidence on which I openly admit i base my opinion of him on, we could go into stitching up frank who gave him a first and second chance, we could go into his pregnant gf alleging he threw her out once he got in F1 but whats the point?

It seems its enough nowadays to just turn up and start putting a driver and his fans down because he was 'sloppy' and 'mentally weak' :banghead:

Ooh, hello, are my ears burning? Stay on topic, cookie, it's the Lewis thread. Sweet you're thinking of me though.
again roth, like i said before its not about you per se, Its just that your committed, bright and interesting posts have become the standard to represent the group of posters who lay into Lewis on things that can be easily countered because they are not anchored to specific facts, more a generalised 'impression' or 'feeling'
The Lewis is good BUT brigade. This however doesnt mean that I think you are a card carrying member of that group, as you are less a hit and run bandit and more someone with real opinions but with confused delivery mechanism
So you set the standard without meaning to, possibly :thumbup:
Roth will come back and say how wrong he's been all along in November. Me? I'd rather enjoy the conflic and struggle instead of a seeing a perfect "machine" type of performance that we were treated to for the last few years, when after all is said and done and the curtain is pulled back, we're left with the performance Vettel is giving us this year.

When Lewis defeats Rosberg this year, as he did last year, it will have been mightily earned, not because of a car that was buil to suit him and not his team mate. It's the battle between Rosberg and Hamilton that's making the season interesting. It's not the mistakes of Hamilton making the season boring.
Also his legend will be mightly boosted by a hard fought battle and will elevate his 2 WDCs with 2 teams above Sebs uncontested 4 and Alonsos uncontested 2

And best of all, everyone expecting/hoping he gets beaten by their fave Nico, will have burnt the bridges to use the detraction of 'he had the best car, my mom coulda won in that car'

And of course there is next year to come, hopefully with another team closer enough to widen the difference between the two.

Sennas legend is largely due to showing on track how musch faster than Prost he was despite Prost beating him one year and running his close the other mostly due to dnfs etc

As the wise boxing promoter said to the hot shot boxer - 'son, dont tell me what you won, tell me who you beat'
I wish I was as optimistic as you guys.

I mean you do know that no matter how sure we are of Lewis' talents, he's still behind in the WDC with less than half a season to go right? Abu Dhabi's points system plays directly into Lewis' bad luck mojo. If Rosberg wins this WDC (to me it's really 50/50 when it shouldn't be) it will be such a blow to Lewis' efforts this season, and you can be sure the haters will be out in force. If they can create that idiotic '3 year championship' to make Button look BETTER imagine the ammunition they'd have this time around. Rosberg is no Button but he's no Lewis either.
Thats the fun of F1, anything can happen, anything usually happens,

however the confidence come from knowing that Lewis is the fastest (ergo bravest) driver, and that 1 item there is the only variable that WILL make a difference over time.

as long as he is the fastest man on the grid I am happy, if he is no longer the fastest man then I would be happy for the fastest guy, everything else that happens is part of the unpredictability of F1

hopefully roth is taking notes here about how the HDL is made up of different factions

See our F1 related articles too!