FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

"Needing" to get the fastest lap is not the same as "wanting" the hat trick during a race weekend!!
If any driver is able to get pole and the win, why wouldn't he "want" the trio, if only for posterity??
And, why would anyone blame any driver for being competitive?? That's what they're there for!! :confused:

((p.s. NOTHING to do with petulance, or what have you!! ))

Don't confuse petulance and greed for competitiveness and maturity. We all support our own drivers for our own reasons eh.
If you look at Seb last year he was that far ahead of the field he needed something to keep him driven. That just happened to be getting the hat trick, it kept him motivated and something to aim for.

Sent using NCC-1701
Keeps everyone else wondering just how much they still have in hand, then just when they think they're catching up.........
If you look at Seb last year he was that far ahead of the field he needed something to keep him driven. That just happened to be getting the hat trick, it kept him motivated and something to aim for.

I guess there's something to be said for the confidence of knowing that you could but that you don't have to. John Holmes didn't always have to flash his thing around for everyone to know what he was packing.
By sagi58
"Needing" to get the fastest lap is not the same as "wanting" the hat trick during a race weekend!!
If any driver is able to get pole and the win, why wouldn't he "want" the trio, if only for posterity??
And, why would anyone blame any driver for being competitive?? That's what they're there for!! :confused:

((p.s. NOTHING to do with petulance, or what have you!! ))

Don't confuse petulance and greed for competitiveness and maturity. We all support our own drivers for our own reasons eh.

I don't, hence the clarification in parentheses! :thumbup: eh!! :P
The flat brim cap that Lewis wears...I SO want one! I think they were a limited edition. I can't even see the black ones on the Mercedes site. I have found a site doing them on eBay. The black ones are £35 and £5 postage. The turquoise ones £110 :yikes: plus £5 postage!!! That's just too much. I'd pay the price the black one costs but I want the turquoise one :(:(:(
You should Tweet Lewis and ask for one. He might even send you a signed one.....

He just wouldn't. Don't plant false hope. :nono::wink:
You should Tweet Lewis and ask for one. He might even send you a signed one.....

I know he wouldn't :( he must get millions of requests, and the ones he responds to will most likely be charity requests.
By sagi58

I know he wouldn't :( he must get millions of requests, and the ones he responds to will most likely be charity requests.

RC, don't give up without trying!! :nono: Maybe the requests get put into a hat
and a few names are drawn!! :thumbup: You never know!!

No, there are so many more worthier causes. Maybe one day I'll get to meet him, and that would be the best thing ever :)
By sagi58

No, there are so many more worthier causes. Maybe one day I'll get to meet him, and that would be the best thing ever :)

Then offer to make the hat a donation to your favourite charity!
i.e. I'd donate it to The Hospital for Sick Kids!! :D

Then offer to make the hat a donation to your favourite charity!
i.e. I'd donate it to The Hospital for Sick Kids!! :D

Then he'd hate me forever if he found out! He does lots of charity work with kids.

See our F1 related articles too!