FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

For all your expert predictions
Thanks for allowing me to post this darwin dali! :woohoo:

Hi everyone :wavey: I run a little league between a few f1 forums based on the zdkf1 prediction game. :readit: If you haven't played before, the points system may sound complicated :eek: , but it's not that difficult to play, just pick the top ten and pole for each race and have a wild guess at what the pole time will be. :grouphug:

There's not long until the first prediction deadline :yikes: , if you are late joining, don't worry, you will get some points for each race you missed (usually 20), and you can still help the forum in the league.

How to play:
  • Register on zdkf1and start your nickname with “forumula”. (If you forget, please edit your nickname here.)
  • Add the other entrants whose nicknames start with "forumula” as your friends.
  • Predict the pole position, pole time and top 10 finishers for each race.
  • The prediction deadline is 10pm (GMT) on the Thursday before each race (except Monaco).
  • How the scoring works on zdkf1 (although the risk factor boundaries are outdated on that link :irked: ; the categories actually are: very safe ≤19, safe 20-22, moderate 23-25; risky 26-28; crazy 29+).

In addition to helping the forum fight against other f1 forums for the (poorly photoshopped)league trophy, you will be competing for individual awards including:

individual champion (most points on zdkf1);
6 tenths award (for most league points scored);
quali trophy (for best pole time predictor);
and the much-coveted bernie medal (for most victories).

Each year I also do a photo version of the league table with the best players pictured as drivers: 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, and 2011.

Driver classes aren't up for Australia yet, but will presumably be added soon.

Slightly late predictions can be emailed to [email protected] and will be included at zdkf1's discretion but if you post them on here too I will at least include them towards the league.

Good luck everyone! :smallthumbup:
Australia Results

First of all I'd like to give a warm welcome to new entrants thefastlane and forumula1:welcome: . With grandprix not taking part this year :( (their forum is down and their members have abandoned ship; finding new homes for players whose forum is closing has been one of the successes of the interforum league) that makes the number of forums in the league the same as the number of f1 teams :D .
There were 42 predictions across the 11 forums for this race. If you made a prediction but don't see your name in the top 10 or "also rans" please tell me!
For each race, I rank the players by the amount of points they score on zdkf1 and award points similar to the f1 points system. Accuracy of pole time guess is used to break ties. No more than two players for each forum can place in the top 10.
Forumula1 didn't place in the top 10 this race :headpat: , but don't be disheartened! If you are thinking of signing up, missing the first race won't hurt you much.
Sardaor takes victory for 2013 champions cliptheapex, with 48 points thanks to 4 spot on and only Grosjean missing from the top 10.

Code: Select all
Pos nickname     forum     zdkf1 points  league points
1  sardaor       cliptheapex    48            25
2  kai-star      thefastlane    45            18
3  yurrita       f1technical    42            15
4  tranquilchaos ja606          42            12
5  redfrog       f1world        41            10
6  pdk           f1world        41             8
7  vfc_cipher    f1technical    41             6
8  titch         cliptheapex    39             4
9  king_arry     ja606          39             2
10 dreggsf1      f1onboard      37             1

scores for also rans from forumula1:
Code: Select all
28 sagi58

League Table
Cliptheapex lead the league after the opening round, 8 points ahead of f1technical:

Quali trophy
The pace was much faster than many of us expected, only four players scored towards the quali trophy this race, 1 point apiece for: sniffit from f1technical; sco from sportsbabble; kai-star from thefastlane; and racecub from cliptheapex.
Hi

2 is not enough, no! Uh oh - more horny than chri[…]

See our F1 related articles too!