FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

For all your expert predictions
Here's the results of the final race of the 2015 season.

LewEngBridewell wins the round with 74pts, followed closely by Overboost with 73pts and Stonemonkey with 70pts.

http://myblog-online.co.uk/forumula1pool/?race=ABU

Overall, Overboost takes the chmapionship title, 51pts ahead of LiamCatterson.

http://myblog-online.co.uk/forumula1pool/

On a sidenote, this will be the final pool I will be running. My general apathy towards F1 and the declining active membership of the forum has made visiting the forum and running the pool feel like a chore. I am happy to hand over the code to anyone that wants to take over the running of the pool, but for me it's time to stop before I start resenting having to take time out of my day to visit and update the pool when my heart is really not in it. I hope that F1 will recapture my imagination and passion, but right now, F1 just leaves me feeling empty and uninvolved.

Thank you to all that have played over the past five seasons.
Yes, the Championship title is mine! 8-)

Thanks MOA for running the pool, it would be alot of work especially if the interest was waning. I also hope for a better competitive future for F1. It almost has to get better because it just can't get much worse than this!

It was a tough competition that went right to the last race which made it interesting.

Thanks again. :thumbup:
I have noticed that our 'sister' site with all the Mercedes/Hamilton experts had a similar pool to this one and in fact with the same scoring rules.

When the scores are combined three of the top five positions came from our group, including the top two positions! So congrats to us for dominating the competition! :thumbup:

Apologies though for bumping Hammer from second down to fourth and also knocking racechick from her podium position down to sixth. There is always next year I guess!

The most interesting and ironic part from what I could see was that the ultimate winner over there decided to break ranks and turn away from the unadaptable Hamilton and put his faith on Rosberg to finish first in Abu Dhabi in order to sneak/steal a victory from his forum friends. Way to go WB! :eek: Or as the always petulant racechick simply put it "traitor!"

Overall Pool Results - 2015
791 - overboost
740 - LiamCatterson
708 - WB
690 - Hammer
687 - 3double8
667 - racechick

Good job everyone.

Ps. Congrats Sagi for beating top 'expert' cookinflat6!
Ha ha. I like your style Overboost. Those fools at the other site have been well spanked.

But I see that Liam fella is also a regular member of theirs and actually post a LOT on their site compared to here - so really you could say he was their member ?

And from the sound of it you seem to spend some time time there too (seeing as you know about their pool) - so does that make you a member too?

But either way - well done for beating them in a prediction game. Maybe the new owners of Forumula1.com will make you a member of staff ?
Thanks 'alex_knight' ! Yes it was a rather sound beating wasn't it. :wink:

It was rather surprising though to see that the actual F1 knowledge among the membership of the other site was so lacking. They had always held themselves in such high regard, teachers even of all things F1 they would claim. Seems that they are just students after all!

And the drama of WB ditching Hamilton and putting all of his faith on Rosberg so he could triumph over his forum comrades. So much duplicity over there just to win a 'prediction' game. Very important to them it was.

Again thanks 'alex_knight' for your kind words and well done to everyone who played in the pools. Looking forward to next season. :thumbup:
Last edited by overboost on 08 Jan 16, 23:02, edited 2 times in total.
Will there be a 2016 pool?!
Well in case it is to be here are my Aus 16 picks:

Hamilton Rosberg Vettel Raikkonen Bottas Ricciardo Massa Kvyat Hulkenburg Verstappen

See our F1 related articles too!