5%
Daniel Ricciardo
No votes
0%
Other (please state in comments below)
No votes
0%
Who is your top driver of 2013?

Is it Seb, for racking up yet another world title? It is Alonso for once again flattering an underwhelming Ferrari? Maybe it was Hamilton, for completing a successful tranfer to Merc, or could it be Nico Hulkenberg for working wonders in the little Sauber? Romain Grosjean, possibly, for showing such increased maturity?

You decide!

It's a tough one!
Grosjean, improvement of the year, and so close to wins multiple times. So driver of the year for me.
It's hard not to give Vettel the driver of the year award, car or not he was flawless. My sentimental driver of the year was Hulkenberg and he's still tenuous about a seat next season. Woes what a sorry state our sport is in.
Oh I think it's easy to not give it to Vettel! it's not difficult to be flawless with that sort of car advantage.
Let me guess RC, Hamilton? :hehe:

Either way I get that people are fans of his etc, and I like the guy too in a car, but I can't see any justifiable reason why he would be driver of the year IMHO. If I had an order of probably have hammy lower than GRO, VET, ALO but that's just my take on things. (This is with all personal favouritisms put aside as I think that's how you should approach these kind of polls, as I find Alonso to be an annoying arse and wouldn't put him that high up if I wasn't being objective.)
I did put all my fandom aside and did a clinical excercise, and it came out as Lewis.
Yup... Alonso for me!! He kept putting that car in places where it had no business being!!
In spite of his frustration, he kept driving and driving and driving... sigh...
Grosjean was most Improved, and is now up there as one of the best drivers on the grid.
Perez, for not being a little doormat and showing the world that he isn't sitting back and letting Mr Politics run his mediocre show on track. Bahrain was superb, and his other jostles trying to get past his slower teammate showed some guts in only his 2nd year and there are very few non-pushovers left in the sport. I'd love for Perez to get a competitive seat next season.
Yup... Alonso for me!! He kept putting that car in places where it had no business being!!
In spite of his frustration, he kept driving and driving and driving... sigh...

Me too, and an honourable mention to Grosjean for some really stirring efforts. :clap:
Surprised Lew didn't list Raikkonen there... His performances over the first three quarters if the season were amazing... But I did vote for Vettel...

Best driver of the year that couldn't be bothered to finish the season?

See our F1 related articles too!