FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
so the conclusion is: piquet really was that bad.

don't think ther was any doubt on that.

If this is Piquet surely the FIA should just of sent eddie jordan round to give him a slap.

I mean what are they going to be investigated next Grosjean being paid by Red Bull to ram Button off. :eek:
The crash itself looks really difficult to fake. It would take someone of real skill to get the car to behave like that and make it look like an accident. Therefore, Piquet can't possibly have done it on purpose

Evil :P
The crash itself looks really difficult to fake. It would take someone of real skill to get the car to behave like that and make it look like an accident. Therefore, Piquet can't possibly have done it on purpose

I'm quite serious! i don't think he has it in him to crash that well :twisted:

I know you are I know :hehe:

I know you are I know :hehe:

he would feel pretty sad if he saw this post. knowing that some people think hes so bad he cant even crash properly. lol
Amid the deafening silence from the Renault and Piquet camps, F1 chief executive Bernie Ecclestone went on an overnight media offensive as his sport's latest scandal erupted.

"It is not good for the sport. It all seems very strange to me but I do not know the truth, I have no idea," said the 78-year-old, who gave quotes and seemingly also information to multiple British newspapers.

The new reports indicate that the source of the accusation is Nelson Piquet and his famous father and namesake, furious that the 23-year-old driver was ousted by the French team after the Hungarian Grand Prix last month.

It is also suggested that the saga, which might go all the way to a hearing of the World Motor Sport Council, could prompt Renault to quit the sport no matter the outcome and end Flavio Briatore's F1 career.

"I think it will piss off Renault," Ecclestone said. "Them leaving the sport is a danger, obviously."

Ecclestone is a friend and confidante of the irascible Briatore, with whom he owns the London football club Queens Park Rangers. He said the Italian is "well and truly upset".

It has been reported that Fernando Alonso may be implicated if he knows anything about Piquet's Singapore crash, and Ecclestone warned that Piquet also risks finding himself in hot water by making such serious accusations.

"If it is true, then I would have thought Nelson was in just as much trouble.

If I tell you to go and rob a bank and you get caught, you can't say, 'Bernie told me to'," the Briton said.

"But it could just be a rumour and Nelson is just pissed off that he has been fired."

Ecclestone described Piquet as "an angry young man" and suggested that, no matter what, his F1 career is over.

"You can safely say that he's sort of in trouble now. You'd have to wonder what next, wouldn't you?" he said.

"All I know is that Flavio is insisting that he knows nothing about it," added Ecclestone, who nonetheless admitted the FIA would likely react strongly if there is any truth to the rumours.

The FIA is looking into the claims, but the Paris federation confirmed that an investigation is underway without referring specifically to the Singapore GP nor Piquet or Renault.

"It will be difficult to prove," Ecclestone continued. "If there is something on the radio that said, 'Er, Nelson, you'd better crash now', then what the hell can they do?

"(But) we would have copies of those conversations and someone would have come forward in the interim," he added.
I hope this gets resolved quickly. Renault leaving F1 is far worse than BMW or Honda leaving. They are a bigger team and supply engines.

If this is proven to be somewhat true I would stand my ground on Alonso being an innocent party but Briatore will be in some serious sh*t as too will Piquet for doing it.
From autosport.com:

Renault warned of serious consequences

By Jonathan Noble Tuesday, September 1st 2009, 07:35 GMT

Formula 1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone has warned that there could be 'serious' consequences for both Nelson Piquet and Renault if an investigation into race-fixing at last year's Singapore Grand Prix uncovers anything suspicious.

The FIA is currently looking into claims, which emerged during last weekend's race weekend in Belgium, that Piquet may have been asked to crash deliberately in Singapore last year to help team-mate Fernando Alonso win.

The nature of the claims, or who has provided them, has not been revealed, and the FIA has only confirmed that it is looking into 'events' at a previous world championship race.

However, Ecclestone has confirmed that the incident being looked at is Singapore - and says he and the governing body is taking the matter seriously.

"The FIA has launched a thorough investigation into the allegations about Nelson," Ecclestone said. "I do not know if they are true or not.

"But if they are true then I would have thought Nelson was in just as much trouble. If I tell you to go and rob a bank and you get caught you can't say, 'Well Bernie told me to.'

"It all seems very strange to me and I do not know the truth."

Should the FIA find any evidence of foul play then it would most likely call a meeting of its World Motor Sport Council to discuss the matter. If the WMSC finds Renault guilty, then punishments range from a reprimand through to fines, race bans and even exclusion from the world championship.

On the back of the recent 'Bloodgate' controversy that has dogged rugby, Ecclestone said that FIA would come down hard on any guilty party.

"If the investigation finds out that that is what happened then I think there is going to be a lot of trouble," he said. "You hear of these things happening with jockeys and in football and it has led to all sorts of trouble, hasn't it?

"If it is true then it is a very serious situation. But it could just be a rumour and Nelson is just annoyed that he has been fired.

"But it is not good for the sport. People seem to be spending money betting on F1, which is good, but they will not want to do that if they think something is wrong with the result."

Ecclestone also fears that Renault could pull out of F1 on the back of the investigation - joining Honda and BMW in exiting the sport in the space of less than 12 months.

He told The Times: "This is not the sort of thing we need at the moment. I think it will p*** off Renault for a start. Them leaving the sport is a danger, obviously. I mean, I hope that it isn't like that, but it's the sort of thing that might happen."

The departure of Renault from F1 would not only hit the Enstone-based team, but would also hurt Williams, which is close to signing a customer-engine deal with the French car manufacturer.

Renault has so far not commented on the situation.

Now, wouldn't it be funny if things backfired on the Piquets.

:rotfl:
I hope the Piquets get found out and show for the scum they truly are.

he should be stripped of his titles.

Anyone that uses Bullying and Harrasment of a drivers WIFE to upset his opponent is a total muppet.
Hi

2 is not enough, no! Uh oh - more horny than chri[…]

See our F1 related articles too!