FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
The only thing which would make me suspicious is that Renault have not yet come out with a statement denying the allegations .

To refute the allegations would be to give them credence. I'm not surprised that they're keeping schtum.
The only thing which would make me suspicious is that Renault have not yet come out with a statement denying the allegations .

Im sure there will be a scoff of a statement from Briatore getting annoyed at having to deal with such nonsense tomorrow. I would also imagine Renault will take their time co operating with the investigation as its bollox anyway.
It's digging up the past for no reason. I believe teams that operate outside of the rules should be punished but not almost a year later when the season has been done and dusted. If Renault are excluded from last season's championship then they have to look again at Adelaide '94 when Schumacher deliberately took out Hill after hitting the wall.

If the infringement had happened this season then I say exclude them for the remainder of this season but not change past championships for the sake of it!
It's digging up the past for no reason. I believe teams that operate outside of the rules should be punished but not almost a year later when the season has been done and dusted. If Renault are excluded from last season's championship then they have to look again at Adelaide '94 when Schumacher deliberately took out Hill after hitting the wall.

If the infringement had happened this season then I say exclude them for the remainder of this season but not change past championships for the sake of it!

Nobody is saying they would do that. Could be a huge fine or race ban.

This is the FIA we are talking about, anything could happen... ;)

This is the FIA we are talking about, anything could happen... ;)

Well it looks like McLaren is not the only corrupt team in paddock :hehe:

Nelson Piquet Jr. has to be behind this (or his father). There is no better way to stick it to your old boss. Renault have not denied it so it tells me there is something in this. As for the penalty its more likely to be a huge fine and exclusion from the constructors championship, thereby accelerating Renault's departure from F1.
that doesnt make sense tho, why would briatore possibly make orders like that and plan Piquet Jr to be a 2nd stringer/pace car, then in the next season kick the guy because he doesnt make results?

Than again, when piquet was dropped, he should have sucked it up, and looked upon improving his image in hopes a future f1 team may become interested in picking him up. As is right now, his f1 career is worst then Luca Badoer lol
that doesnt make sense tho, why would briatore possibly make orders like that and plan Piquet Jr to be a 2nd stringer/pace car, then in the next season kick the guy because he doesnt make results?

Than again, when piquet was dropped, he should have sucked it up, and looked upon improving his image in hopes a future f1 team may become interested in picking him up. As is right now, his f1 career is worst then Luca Badoer lol

maybe he was the 2nd string for last year and this year he would be given equal parity. In 2009 he has been woefully behind Alonso at every race so that was why he was let go, based on this year and not last year. I don't know I am just speculating.

But one thing to keep in mind is that logical thinking and Flavio Briatore don't often go together.
i don't think piquet would intentionaly try to kill himself for the sake of Alonso.

he said that himself in a interview this year also lol.

:bs:

Exactly.
Which self respecting person would crash for somebody else.
You cannot predict how a crash can go, and what the outcome will be, anything could happen and potentially harm the crasher.
Who would risk that for a sport??

So I have stuck by Piquet up to know, but he has ruined his future career chances by slaggging of Falvio and making up clear bull.
Dear oh dear...
The crash itself looks really difficult to fake. It would take someone of real skill to get the car to behave like that and make it look like an accident. Therefore, Piquet can't possibly have done it on purpose
Hi

2 is not enough, no! Uh oh - more horny than chri[…]

See our F1 related articles too!