Formula One related discussion.
ByiFuel
#147534 Okay.. this is old news.. but it's an interesting one..

The Globo television network, from Brazil reported about a scandal involving Briatore and Renault in the Singapore GP last year..
Everybody remembers how Alonso was aiming the first row on qualifying.. but then he got only 15th place...
Alonso went to pits on 12th lap.. then in the lap were the race leaders from McLaren and Ferrari were going to pit.. Piquet crashed in a strange way on lap 14..
Well.. everybody knows that... but here is the news... supposedly Nelson Piquet's crash was intentional and ordered by Flavio Briatore, and thath was the true reason why Piquet senior was present at every GP before Piquet Jr. get kicked by Flav...
The brazilian journalist Reginaldo Leme (the most respected brazilian formula 1 journalist) stated that FIA is already investigating, and hired an independent company to procceed with the investigations, according to him, this scandal will broke later this week (he probably said everything to get a scoop)...
Dunno if this is all true.. I'm waiting to see
But if it is, all my respect for Renaul, Briatore and Alonso (which is almost non-existant) will be gone forever....

ALERT: All this story should be taken with a grain of salt since nothing is confirmed.. I will try to get update on this news soon as I can

Sorry for rough english
User avatar
BySingaporeSling
#147539
iFuel wrote:Okay.. this is old news.. but it's an interesting one..

The Globo television network, from Brazil reported about a scandal involving Briatore and Renault in the Singapore GP last year..
Everybody remembers how Alonso was aiming the first row on qualifying.. but then he got only 15th place...
Alonso went to pits on 12th lap.. then in the lap were the race leaders from McLaren and Ferrari were going to pit.. Piquet crashed in a strange way on lap 14..
Well.. everybody knows that... but here is the news... supposedly Nelson Piquet's crash was intentional and ordered by Flavio Briatore, and thath was the true reason why Piquet senior was present at every GP before Piquet Jr. get kicked by Flav...
The brazilian journalist Reginaldo Leme (the most respected brazilian formula 1 journalist) stated that FIA is already investigating, and hired an independent company to procceed with the investigations, according to him, this scandal will broke later this week (he probably said everything to get a scoop)...
Dunno if this is all true.. I'm waiting to see
But if it is, all my respect for Renaul, Briatore and Alonso (which is almost non-existant) will be gone forever....

ALERT: All this story should be taken with a grain of salt since nothing is confirmed.. I will try to get update on this news soon as I can

Sorry for rough english


What news?

Didn't everyone with open eyes know that already?

It was so obvious that most people watching the race guessed that before they got their 1st pints after the race. Wasn't that the only reason Piquet Jr was given a second season after being pretty rubbish during the first one.
ByiFuel
#147541
SingaporeSling wrote:
What news?

Didn't everyone with open eyes know that already?

It was so obvious that most people watching the race guessed that before they got their 1st pints after the race. Wasn't that the only reason Piquet Jr was given a second season after being pretty rubbish during the first one.


As I said.. it's old news... the only thing it's now FIA is investigating it.. and this could do some serious damage to Flav, Alonso and Renault
Bysupeindesu
#147543 A big LOL to that crap
Last edited by supeindesu on 30 Aug 09, 14:15, edited 1 time in total.
ByGaz
#147544 i don't think piquet would intentionaly try to kill himself for the sake of Alonso.

he said that himself in a interview this year also lol.

:bs:
User avatar
ByRivelution
#147550 Thats a load of bull. I'm pretty sure Piquet would've been bitching and complaining about that now since he doesnt race for Renault anymore...
User avatar
ByMcLaren Fan
#147599 It sounds to me like some people in Brazil are pretty sore about Piquet's lamentable performance, so are doing some straw clutching. And, to be honest, who can blame them, given that Brazil has produced some of the finest drivers in Formula One history.
User avatar
By7UpJordan
#147606 I wouldn't be surprised if Nelsinho and his father are behind it all just to hit back at Flavio and the team.

You know what, maybe the team asked Grosjean to take Button out today, or is it just Piquet who would think that? :rolleyes:
User avatar
Bycap-dude
#147621 I was gonna be all mellow about this.

But, Massa lost the win at Singapore because of that incident. Thus he lost the championship. But aside me being a fan of Massa for a while. Really, that would cause quite a mess where it true, Clearly Renault would be a LOT of trouble. Influencing results. :nono:

I personally hope its not true.
User avatar
ByTriin
#147624
McLaren Fan wrote:It sounds to me like some people in Brazil are pretty sore about Piquet's lamentable performance, so are doing some straw clutching. And, to be honest, who can blame them, given that Brazil has produced some of the finest drivers in Formula One history.


Yea, I agree.
It's been almost a year since the GP and now they come up with that?
User avatar
ByHexagram
#147630
Frosty wrote: :bs:

:yes:

Sounds like utter dribble.
User avatar
ByEwanM
#147638


FIA to launch probe on '08 Singapore GP

By Jonathan Noble Sunday, August 30th 2009, 16:08 GMT

The FIA is to launch an investigation into the events at last year's Singapore Grand Prix, where Renault's Fernando Alonso claimed victory on the back of a crash by his team-mate Nelson Piquet.

Alonso's success was sealed by the timing of a safety car in the early stages of the inaugural event - which had been called out when Piquet crashed into the wall shortly after his team-mate stopped for fuel.

The timing of Piquet's crash prompted wild conspiracy theories that the Brazilian had been ordered to deliberately spin to help Renault take its maiden victory. Piquet himself insisted at the time that the accident had been caused by him simply trying too hard.

"It was my mistake," said Piquet.. "We tried two extreme strategies with Fernando quite short and me quite long in the hope of getting a safety car. If I hadn't crashed I would have been lucky with the safety car later in the race because I was very happy.

"We're always scraping the walls, and once you've touched the wall a little too much and lose control that's it."

It is understood, however, that fresh evidence about the events that took place in the race have now come to light – which has prompted the FIA to step in.

Piquet was dropped by Renault after this year's Hungarian Grand Prix, and has been outspoken in his criticisms of the outfit – and in particular team principal Flavio Briatore. It is not clear if the Brazilian himself has been a catalyst for the investigation, or if the evidence has come from elsewhere.

The FIA has not elaborated on the details of its inquiry, but a spokesperson confirmed to AUTOSPORT that an investigation was under way.

"The FIA can confirm that an investigation is underway regarding alleged events at a previous world championship race," said the spokesperson.

Should the FIA investigation suggest there is any evidence of foul play involved, then the governing body could call a hearing of the World Motor Sport Council to discuss the matter.
Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 0 guests