FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
maybe merc want mcl to fail, so they can buy them cheap as they only came in low in the WDC. especially now that Ron has stepped down

No Mclaren are slow because of the title fight with Ferrari who are also Slow.

Thats all there is too it i think.
That pretty much settles it, if a revision to close the loophole was tabled and rejected by the teams, they have no case.

Unless the loophole doesn't actually allow the trick diffusers as currently used.

It's firmly established that the loophole does allow them, just as the only reason the likes of Ferrari and McLaren can run turning vanes on the leading edges of their sidepods is a loophole (Which is one of the other things Ross was talking about having sealed the rules against)
Ohhh get yourself a new Diffuser that’s like everyone else’s and play by the rules then lets see if you have 2 wins? Ehh neh. Its taking advantage of a mistake. If Ferrari did this you would all be burning Italian flags? Unfair! And ridiculous. Until this is resolved F1 will be a school full of 15year olds fighting over the only boy. It needs to be resolved! But if they are made legal I think al the teams should have the time and testing to be able to make sure it works otherwise what is the friggin point of the season. Then it is really unfair. :thumbdown:
Ohhh get yourself a new Diffuser that’s like everyone else’s and play by the rules then lets see if you have 2 wins? Ehh neh. Its taking advantage of a mistake. If Ferrari did this you would all be burning Italian flags? Unfair! And ridiculous. Until this is resolved F1 will be a school full of 15year olds fighting over the only boy. It needs to be resolved! But if they are made legal I think al the teams should have the time and testing to be able to make sure it works otherwise what is the friggin point of the season. Then it is really unfair. :thumbdown:

Cry baby. I actually wouldn't have minded a bit if Ferrari had done it, just as I don't mind all these teams running small turning vanes on their sidepods.

It's not unfair, the rules were in black and white with this option available over a year ago. Williams, Toyota and Brawn were smart enough to find that possibility and use it, there is nothing unfair about it.

I can't stress enough, these diffusers are legal. They have been ruled legal five times now. The Protest is sour grapes from other teams who never thought of it. Why would it be fair to give them extra testing to catch up? The rules would not be getting changed, so there would be no need. If anything, were the rules altered to make the GeniusDiffusers illegal, then the teams with them would be able to demand testing time etc. because their cars would be going from legal now to illegal then. Giving help to those who didn't think of it would be monumentally unfair.

By the way, if you think the GeniusDiffuser is the only reason the Brawn is quick, you're kidding yourself.

If Ferrari had Brawn, Williams or Toyota's diffuser, I'd not care, because it would been exploiting a legitimate gap in the regulations. I'm rather surprised more people didn't suss it out, Ferrari in particular.

If Ferrari had Brawn, Williams or Toyota's diffuser, I'd not care, because it would been exploiting a legitimate gap in the regulations. I'm rather surprised more people didn't suss it out, Ferrari in particular.

I don't think members of the OWG wanted to risk the idea that they could be exploiting their positions in the group the rest of the teams I think just missed out with the exception of Red Bull who I think proposed a trick diffuser just for the FIA to reject it because it wasn't in the spirit of the rules.

See our F1 related articles too!