FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
What is your opinion on the best and worst races of the 2016 season?

Here are the results of our rate the race polls. The top three races were: Spain, Malaysia, and Bahrain:thumbup:

The worst race was the European GP held in that European hotbed Baku, Azerbaijan.

Now that the season is over do these races still stand out as the best or do other races in retrospect deserve to be recognized?

Spain was rated at 8.6
Malaysia was rated at 8.0
Bahrain was rated at 7.4
China was rated at 7.0
Austria was rated at 6.9
Australia was rated at 6.7
Monaco was rated at 6.6
Abu Dhabi was rated at 6.25
Singapore was rated at 6.2
Japan was rated at 6.0
Britain was rated 5.8
United States was rated at 5.5
Canada was rated at 5.4
Russia was rated at 4.75
Belgium was rated at 4.3
Italy was rated at 4.2
Brazil was rated at 4.2
Germany was rated at 3.3
Hungary was rated at 3.25
Mexico was rated at 3.0
European was rated at 2.7

The average score for the season is 5.5 which puts the season somewhere between 'some good battles' and being somewhat 'memorable'. Not the highest rated of seasons I would say.
Last edited by overboost on 01 Dec 16, 18:37, edited 1 time in total.
I agree on Spain. It was a real race once Hamilton had taken both Merc's out up front and resulted in Verstappen's debut win in a close race to the finish with Raikkonen.

The worst race for me was Baku, it was completely devoid of action and just 25,000 spectators. Ironically though it was where the 2016 championship was arguably decided! With Rosberg's cruise to victory and Hamilton only able to recover to 5th after his unforced error putting the car in the wall in Q3 it resulted in a +15 point differential for Rosberg. It was the critical 15 points that made all the difference in the championship eventually won by just 5 points.

See our F1 related articles too!