FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By overboost

Last edited by overboost on 23 Nov 16, 23:29, edited 2 times in total.
By overboost
Horner is looking for Hamilton to 'compromise' Rosberg to Red Bull's benefit of course!

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.ph ... up--horner

Red Bull Formula 1 team principal Christian Horner believes Lewis Hamilton would be "smart" to try to compromise title rival Nico Rosberg's race in the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix.

If Hamilton wins at Yas Marina on Sunday, he needs Rosberg to finish fourth or lower to overturn the German's 12-point lead in the standings and win a fourth world championship.

Horner, whose Red Bull team is likely to be Mercedes' closest challenger, understands that means Hamilton needs drivers such as Max Verstappen and Daniel Ricciardo to get ahead of Rosberg.

"First of all to my drivers I'd say just go for it because it's not our championship battle," Horner told reporters at a Red Bull media event on Wednesday.

"We could be Lewis's best friend on Sunday if we manage to get both cars ahead of Nico.

"There's no point Lewis being ahead by half a lap - if he's smart he's going to back the cars up so there is racing behind him because that's the only way the result will fall his way.

"Nico has got everything to lose.
Last edited by overboost on 23 Nov 16, 23:30, edited 1 time in total.
By overboost
So a few interesting points to consider in Adu Dhabi:

Will Rosberg race to win in Abu Dhabi or just to finish second?

Will Rosberg crumble under the pressure?

Will Mercedes play a role in choosing the champion?

Can Red Bull play a role in choosing the champion?

Does Verstappen lunge down the inside of Hamilton and Rosberg at turn one?

Are Hamilton's clutch yips a thing of the past or will they return?

Does Hamilton resort to interfering with Rosberg's race to win the championship?

Don't forget the grand farewell for Button, Massa, Guterriez and possibly Nasr who are racing in their final GP.

Imo if Rosberg can survive turn 1 then he should have the championship in hand.
By overboost
By overboost
Merc 1-2 again:

By overboost
Kimi - 11, Sebastian - 10. Well done Raikkonen!

By gdh
What a drive by Max and Seb! Congrats to Nico he kept himself under control while Lewis was doing everything he could to back him into 4th. Would have love to see Seb take them both on the final lap.
Last edited by gdh on 27 Nov 16, 15:58, edited 1 time in total.
By gdh
Should be an interesting mtg btn the Merc team bosses and LH. Not sure any other driver in LH's position would have done anything different.
By Stephen
I agree, although I didn't enjoy seeing him do that. But what else could he do?

Anyway, I'm pleased for Nico - he came close in previous seasons only to be robbed by reliability issues (some as strange as Hamiltons - remember Singapore 2014 IIRC) and he's been faster than ever this year.
By sagi58
Congratulations to Nico for winning the WDC!!

It was definitely his year, he kept his nose to the grindstone throughout and deserved the title!!
By sagi58
As for Hamilton, I beg to differ. He had numerous opportunities all season long to get himself out of the predicament he found himself in, at the final race. Sure, he had some mechanical issues; but, so did Rosberg.

In the end, as far as I'm concerned, Hamilton came off as being spiteful and hoping other drivers would get him out of the mess he created by not working as hard as he has in the past.

Personally, I would go so far as to suggest that Vettel had no intention of spoiling it for Rosberg by passing him. I honestly think he was running interference by getting between Rosberg and Verstappen. Sure, Vettel would have loved to get a win this season, no doubt... but, to what end?

See our F1 related articles too!