Formula One related discussion.

Lewis vs. Nico

#44 Lewis Hamilton
40%
#6 Nico Rosberg
60%
By overboost
Who will win?

With four races and 100 points to go Nico Rosberg has a 33 point advantage over Lewis Hamilton.

Will the hard working underdog Rosberg persevere and take the title? or will it be the brash and fast 3x wdc Hamilton who comes back to win?

Cast your vote above and feel free to explain your choice. :thumbup:
The ball is in Rosberg's court, all he has to do is finish second in the last four races and the title is his; but Mercedes reliability is a concern and Nico is due some unreliability.

That being said, I believe it will be Nico who prevails in 2016, Lewis seems somewhat rattled judging by his recent behaviors.
Niki Lauda chimes in with his opinion:

"Speaking after the weekend in Japan, Lauda said, “Nico is doing everything right at the moment. If everything is going normal, the championship could be decided in the next few races, and Lewis won’t be able to catch Nico any more. This is perfectly clear to me.”

http://www.grandprix247.com/2016/10/11/ ... und-again/
Meanwhile Horner says not to count Hamilton out just yet:

"Red Bull boss Christian Horner thinks it would be "foolish" to write off Lewis Hamilton's championship chances this season despite the 33-point deficit he faces with four races remaining.

A poor getaway meant Hamilton was forced into a recovery drive to third at the Japanese Grand Prix, though he still lost 10 points to Mercedes teammate and championship leader Nico Rosberg. The result meant Hamilton's destiny is no longer in his own hands as he could win the last four races and still not claim a fourth world title.

However, Horner says Hamilton "only needs a sniff of something" to change the momentum in his favour.

When asked to comment on the Mercedes title battle and Hamilton's chances, Horner replied: "I think in any sport you see sportsmen... They get on a crest of a wave and everything falls right for them. It's going Nico's way at the moment. Lewis has had quite a few tough weekends this year but he'll brush himself down for sure and he can fight back."

http://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id/177 ... on-already
However, Horner says Hamilton "only needs a sniff of something" to change the momentum in his favour.

[youtube]KWmD_HcOcfU[/youtube]
Hamilton certainly has a chance - look at Kimi's WDC - well deserved (given he could have won before with McLaren without dire reliability issues) but almost unexpected in 2007 given his points deficit at the time.

If Rosberg wins I doubt many fans will begrudge him - he's been exceptional this year. Fast, mature and committed. :yes:
Alain Prost has his say:

"Formula 1 legend Alain Prost is tipping Nico Rosberg to claim his first world championship title this year, as the German heads to the final four races with a 33 points gap to his Mercedes teammate and closest rival Lewis Hamilton.

Prost told Canal Plus, “A 33 points lead starts to be important. It’s much better to have that kind of lead with four races to go than the four wins he had at the start of the season.

“He will have to manage this lead now, and get into a psychological state that is not always easy. It’s never easy to manage such a big lead, especially against Lewis Hamilton, who thinks the whole world is against him now. But it could still turn, one retirement and Lewis is right back in the race.”

“How can you not be champion if you’ve won nine races? That is the question Nico Rosberg hopes he does not have to answer at the end of the season. But the German is doing everything he has to for his first world title,” added the man known in his heyday as the Professor.

Rosberg has scored nine wins this season. No driver has won that many and not gone on to win the title."

http://www.grandprix247.com/2016/10/12/ ... -champion/
Gerhart Berger's opinion on Nico vs. Lewis:

Rosberg has beaten Hamilton in the head says Berger

Nico Rosberg is now dominating his Mercedes teammate Lewis Hamilton in every way.

That is the claim of Gerhard Berger, an F1 legend who earlier this year helped to negotiate German Rosberg's new Mercedes contract.

But the former Ferrari and McLaren driver is not alone in thinking Rosberg is a worthy adversary for Hamilton in 2016, especially given his now 33 point advantage with just 4 races to go.

"Nico has defeated Lewis in the head," Berger told Germany's Sport Bild.

"He has learned from his previous experiences -- on a level ground, Hamilton is too fast. But Nico unsettled Lewis so much this year that he (Hamilton) has started to copy Nico's success formula.

"This has made Nico stronger and Lewis weaker," the Austrian said.

"Nico has become so cool and comfortable, and so consistent in his approach at each race, that Lewis began to doubt his own strength.

"He suddenly started to change things even if there was no reason," Berger added.

Indeed, the report said Hamilton used Rosberg's car setup at Suzuka, and the race earlier started using special seamless gloves used by his teammate to master Mercedes' difficult-to-use clutch system.

Sport Bild said Hamilton no longer stays in luxury hotels at European races, but - like Rosberg - sleeps in a motor home at the track, and his also copied Rosberg's approach to having a close-knit track support team and physio.

"Because Nico is so precise in everything he does, Lewis has to do the same," team boss Toto Wolff confirmed.

http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns35032.html
By gdh
With 4 races to go I wouldn't count Hamilton out. A few mechanical issues, or a dnf for Rosberg is always a possibility. That being said I would like to see Rosberg win the WDC. I'm not a Lewis h8tr or Rosberg fanboy but e how Nico has handled himself so far this year. Now my wiife would like to see Lewis come back and win the WDC. Makes for intereting race wknds. :)
With 4 races to go I wouldn't count Hamilton out. A few mechanical issues, or a dnf for Rosberg is always a possibility. That being said I would like to see Rosberg win the WDC. I'm not a Lewis h8tr or Rosberg fanboy but e how Nico has handled himself so far this year. Now my wiife would like to see Lewis come back and win the WDC. Makes for intereting race wknds. :)

Nietzsche: "Thus spake Zarathustra": "Thou goest to women? Do not forget thy whip!" :twisted::whip::hehe:

Nietzsche: "Thus spake Zarathustra": "Thou goest to women? Do not forget thy whip!" :twisted::whip::hehe:

It "might" work for you, if she likes the whip!! :P

See our F1 related articles too!