32° /26°
A shower or t-storm in spots

MON
SEP 19
31° /26°
A thunderstorm in the area
More
By overboost
Last edited by overboost on 17 Sep 16, 15:02, edited 1 time in total.
By overboost

Looks like cookinflat made it to the race in Singapore!
Last edited by overboost on 17 Sep 16, 15:29, edited 1 time in total.
By overboost

Rosberg was unbeatable today taking pole by a wide margin over Ricciardo. Nico has the momentum right now over his teammate. Ricciardo on a different tire strategy though and may cause problems for the Merc strategists. Hamilton in a mistake strewn session could only manage third with Wolff saying he lacked confidence. Can Hamilton manage his clutch at the start? Raikkonen is in fifth behind Verstappen, more fireworks in store between these two? Vettel is in dead last after a broken rear suspension took him out, perhaps a safety car can rescue him.
By overboost
https://twitter.com/GPUpdate/status/777195449556070402

GPUpdate.net
‏@GPUpdate
Sergio Pérez gets a combined eight-place grid penalty for two infractions in qualifying, as well as three penalty points #F1
By gdh
Enjoyed watching Toto being interviewed before qualifying when he was talking about the new owners and fans wanting more competitive racing with different winners and not dominated by one team. Hopefully we have a competitive race tmw with many lead changes and plenty of hard clean wheel to wheel racing - one can dream. :thumbup:
By overboost
Eight wins for Nico so far to Lewis's just six. And three in a row coming into the final stretch.

Hamilton in three races has given away 27 points to Rosberg.

Momentum is on Rosberg's side. Can Hamilton with his better skill come back? Or is he mentally exhausted? We shall see.

Excellent win under gruelling conditions today.
By Bladesman
Lewis on the back foot all weekend thanks to car problems yet again. Then they decide to turn the wick up in Lewis's engine once he has slipped down to fourth.

Rosberg barely a mechanical issue all season, funny that.

If the race had lasted another lap then it would have been deserved victory for Danny Ric. Overall a boring race and it was only the final pit stops that made it remotely interesting.
By sagi58
Personally, I was on the edge of my seat, pretty well during the whole race...
lots of battles... lots of passing... my favourite, if it even needs to be said was
Kimi's pass on Hamilton... best moment of the race...
By Bladesman
Selective memory, I see... here, let me help...

At the beginning of the season...
 wrote:">Nico Rosberg almost retired in F1 season opener Australian Grand Prix due to a brake issue with his race-winning Mercedes

And, a bit more recently...
 wrote:">Lewis Hamilton shines in practice as Nico Rosberg troubles continue

Yeah one problem that never stopped him winning and one problem in practice. Not sure either resulted in an engine change did they?

Its clear Lewis has been dogged with mechanical issues from the start of the season. He had to give up the Belgium Grand Prix just to get some more engines. Don't see Rosberg needing a 60 place grid penalty this season.
By sagi58
...Its clear Lewis has been dogged with mechanical issues from the start of the season. He had to give up the Belgium Grand Prix just to get some more engines. Don't see Rosberg needing a 60 place grid penalty this season.

From what I understand, that's one of the differences between their driving styles.
Also, you have to admit it was "ingenious" of Mercedes to make ALL those changes
to Hamilton's engines so that they resulted in a kazillion penalties for ONE race!

See our F1 related articles too!