FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By overboost

Chris Amon leading the 1971 Ialian GP:

By rob91
So Felipe Massa has announced that he will retire from F1 at seasons end. Not a surprise, this season has been awful for him with regards to his performances on track, hopefully for the sake of Williams he can reverse his fortunes this weekend, they need him to perform if they are going to beat Force India in the constructors championship.
By myownalias
I don't think it's just Massa that has caused Williams to fall behind Force India, Williams in general have not been fast enough and the team has made bad strategy calls throughout the season. I don't see Williams bettering Force India this weekend, Force India traditionally do well at Monza. I can see it being a battle between Ferrari and Mercedes with the Italian team desperately wanting to get a win at their home Grand Prix, the Tifosi will demand a better performance after the disaster of Spa last week.
By overboost
Easy qually for the Mercs who are again miles ahead.

By sagi58
... the Tifosi will demand a better performance after the disaster of Spa last week.

And, rightly so!! :director:
By myownalias
... the Tifosi will demand a better performance after the disaster of Spa last week.

And, rightly so!! :director:

Let's hope that the Merc's take each other out at the first chicane; then maybe we'll see a Ferrari 1-2; although from a personal standpoint, I'd love to see Williams claim a rare victory, last victory was by Crashtor Maldonado, way too long a period of time without a victory for a marque like Williams.
By gdh
Congrats to Nico he was in total control from the start. Great pass by Ric over Bottas, bit of fun watching Button and Alonzo near the end.
By overboost
Rosberg had an excellent start, Hamilton seemed to struggle to react and keep ahead and spun up his wheels. After that Hamilton had no answer for Nico's pace so an easy win for Rosberg. Well run race from Ferrari getting as much as they could. Ricciardo's move was excellent, I hope his teammate was taking notes.

Last edited by overboost on 06 Sep 16, 13:11, edited 1 time in total.
By sagi58
... Great pass by Ric over Bottas...

Incredibly well-executed, eh?
I think I'll vote him driver of the day, just for that!! :thumbup:
By myownalias
With the exception of Ricciardo's pass on Bottas for 5th place; it was generally dull with nearly every pass being a DRS pass which were done and dusted half way down the straight. But this, or course, it part and parcel of modern F1, I can't remember the last time we had a true wheel to wheel battle down the straight with the winner being the bravest on the brakes.

As a relative neutral I found very little to get excited about at the Italian Grand Prix, another Mercedes 1-2 without any real battle for the lead, ZZZzzz.
By overboost
Of course Verstappens bad start had nothing to do with him! Teams fault according to Max.

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/verst ... or-816222/

"The Dutchman claims there was nothing he could have done to prevent his poor start.

Verstappen said: “This time it was the team. These things can happen. Every setting is as close to the limit as possible to have the best possible start, and this time it went wrong."

And under the bus goes the team.
By sagi58
Drivers / players / anyone who is part of a team and "blames" them publicly isn't a teamplayer!!
By myownalias
You have to give props to Lewis for taking ownership of his poor start; although the team is now suggesting it was not Lewis' fault.

As I have already said, I like Max's driving style but his off track behavior needs some work; even if it was the team's fault, he should use the term "we" as he is part of the team.
By sagi58
You have to give props to Lewis for taking ownership of his poor start...

Let's not forget to add... this time... :thumbup:

See our F1 related articles too!