FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By overboost

By sagi58
This season has flown by... and, yet... it's taking forever to finish up to its predetermined end.

I did learn something: regardless of whom we choose to root for, we're all the same in that,
if "our" team or "our" driver has any sort of "advantage" NO one wants to give it up...
NO one wants to level the playing field... NO one wants to rock the boat... and, rarely does
anyone admit this to be true... :wink:
Mercedes may be delaying Hamilton's engine penalties to Monza, it was anticipated that the penalties would be taken at Spa with Hamilton starting at the back. However Monza is seen as the easier track for the Merc to overtake so Merc may wait. An engine failure though at Spa would risk additional penalties however. It would also give Hamilton access to an engine upgrade to keep even with Rosberg.

"Could be Monza as well… it’s about minimising his penalty on a track where overtaking is a bit easier than on others and we want to drag it out a bit to really make it as smooth as possible to finish the season with that last engine," team principal Toto Wolff said.

And Wolff says any upgrades to those parts also have to be factored in, with Mercedes keen to ensure equality between its two drivers.

"That is another factor to be considered. You don’t want to upgrade it or change the engine when the following race would be an upgrade that would be performance-enhancing that would be benfitting Nico, so that has to be taken into consideration."

http://en.f1i.com/news/67867-mercedes-p ... nalty.html
Heat wave in Belgium!

Francorchamps Weekend Weather

FRIDAY
AUG 26
31° /16°
RealFeel® 36° / 17°
Mostly sunny, warm and humid

SATURDAY
AUG 27
29° /18°
RealFeel® 32° / 18°
Mostly sunny, warm and humid

SUNDAY
AUG 28
28° /15°
RealFeel® 30° / 15°
Sunny, warm and humid

http://www.accuweather.com/en/be/franco ... her/962410
Spa heat

New Sauber short nose

By gdh
Will Hamilton achieve a 100 grid place penalty for this race? Will Alonzo join him in the over 50 club? I bet there was one guy on the rules committee who half jokingly questioned what if in case this grid place penalty scenario came about and the rest told him how rediculous a scenario that was as F1 being the pinnacle of auto racing no team would want the embarrassment. I love it, Mercedes and McLaren showing the rules committee what the middle finger looks like in stereo. :rofl:
Will Hamilton achieve a 100 grid place penalty for this race? Will Alonzo join him in the over 50 club? I bet there was one guy on the rules committee who half jokingly questioned what if in case this grid place penalty scenario came about and the rest told him how rediculous a scenario that was as F1 being the pinnacle of auto racing no team would want the embarrassment. I love it, Mercedes and McLaren showing the rules committee what the middle finger looks like in stereo. :rofl:

This is a loophole that should be closed.

The rich teams shouldn't be allowed to load up on multiple engines and all sorts of other parts to see them through the rest of the season. Especially Mercedes who has a huge engine performance advantage in the first place. So double advantage Merc.

The back markers would love to have the parts that Merc just threw away! They just can't afford these expensive engines.
Wouldn't it be ironic if Hamilton had three engine failures in three races... negating the whole point of taking the pain in Spa.
It could have been an entertaining race. Verstappen's botched start and then a hail mary lunge down the inside really made a mess of turn one and the rest of the day. Vettel though made contact first with Raikkonen so he has some explaining to do. Marchionne will not be happy at all. But it has to be said that Verstappen's move was never going to be successful.

Verstappen is a talented driver but those high speed maneuvers are going to catch up to him. He rely's totally on the competence of the driver he is racing with to react properly as Raikkonen did today avoiding a huge crash (as he did in Hungary also). One day it could catch up with him and end his career, hopefully not someone else's.

Obviously the stewards where told to put their pencils away today when it came to writing penalties for phenom Max. Nobody likes alot of penalties but in Max's case right now I am not sure this is a good thing.
Last edited by overboost on 28 Aug 16, 18:48, edited 2 times in total.
By sagi58
Phenom or not, he is going to get someone killed, isn't he?
Let's face it, Kimi did the "smart" thing; but, can you imagine how this
could have ended up had it been Hamilton there instead?? :eek:

See our F1 related articles too!