FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By sagi58
Aside from being safer, they surely do make the car look so much more powerful!! :clap:
By myownalias
Aside from being safer, they surely do make the car look so much more powerful!! :clap:

Erm... OK.... not really, but what it will do is allow for faster corner speeds as more rubber means more grip :-)
By sagi58

Erm... OK.... not really, but what it will do is allow for faster corner speeds as more rubber means more grip :-)

uh... doesn't more grip mean more safety? :confused:
By myownalias

uh... doesn't more grip mean more safety? :confused:

I was referring to the making the car look more powerful comment, not the safety aspect, obviously more grip is better for safety.
By overboost
Raikkonen on track now testing wider tires in Barcelona. 2017 rear wing. Looks good!

By sagi58
The wider tires are definitely aesthetically easy on the eyes!! :clap:
By myownalias
I'm definitely liking the overall wider stance of the cars; makes them look much more aggressive and slippery, Kinda reminds me of the early to mid 90s cars.

See our F1 related articles too!