Formula One related discussion.
By overboost

By overboost
Tires, Ferrari goes soft.

By overboost
By overboost
Hamilton crashes out of FP2, maybe he got the sun in his eye again:

[youtube]Hii8F-F_G9A[/youtube]

Speed wise it is Mercedes - Red Bull - Ferrari - and McLaren showing some signs of life.
By Bladesman
Fortunate pole for Rosberg as double yellows were clearly being waves but seems he backed off enough anyway.

Lewis was lucky to cling on to the top ten after that mistake in Q2. Unlucky for Lewis in the end as he was on for a quick lap for pole.

Should be a decent race tomorrow.
By myownalias
Didn't look like Rosberg lifted at all to my eyes, if he did, it must have been for half a second while others fully lifted off through the series of corners.

Rosberg has been summoned to the stewards according to SKY F1, so I guess we will see. If Rosberg gets his time deleted, the tin-foil hat conspiracy nuts will go crazy!

UPDATE: Rosberg retains pole position; despite setting a purple sector where the yellow flags were being shown!
By Bladesman
No punishment for Rosberg.

Although instead they are looking at punishing drivers that were outside 107% rule during a very wet Q1.

Proves F1 is still a joke.
By myownalias

Although instead they are looking at punishing drivers that were outside 107% rule during a very wet Q1.

I don't see the stewards punishing the drivers outside of 107% in such wet conditions; if Rosberg can set a purple sector while yellow flags are being waved and get away with it; common sense should prevail in the situation of being outside of 107%, clearly Red Bull are not slower than 107% of Mercedes.
By Bladesman

I don't see the stewards punishing the drivers outside of 107% in such wet conditions; if Rosberg can set a purple sector while yellow flags are being waved and get away with it; common sense should prevail in the situation of being outside of 107%, clearly Red Bull are not slower than 107% of Mercedes.

Can't believe they are even investigating the 107% issue. It looks like common sense has prevailed and they are keeping their original grid positions though.

Its days like today which are the reasons people don't like F1 as a sport. We spend more time debating the stewards random decision making than the racing. :(
By myownalias
I agree; the inconsistency of stewardship is a problem, but it's been like that for as far back as I can remember; although I think they have become more petty over the years.
By overboost

however:

https://twitter.com/RachelBrookesTV/sta ... 2166170624

Rachel BrookesVerified account
‏@RachelBrookesTV
Not sure the Rosberg story is over ... Been called to the stewards at 745 pm #skyf1

It would appear that Horner is not happy and is complaining about the Rosberg pole.

http://www.grandprix247.com/2016/07/23/ ... nning-lap/

Rosbergs view:

"Rosberg explained after qualifying, “For sure there was a waved yellows but I had a very, very big lift and lost a lot of time as a result. I was also slower than on my previous lap in that yellow sector, or in that yellow segment or whatever it’s called so I’m sure that will be OK.”

Mercedes F1 chief Toto Wolff backed his driver by claiming that the team’s data proved the championship leader lifted sufficiently at the right time.

“[Rosberg] had a big lift into the yellow zone, lost quite some time. But then at the end the yellow zone was gone. It should be OK from our data,” Wolff told Sky."

Not sure of the timing of all this vs the stewards written decision?
Last edited by overboost on 23 Jul 16, 22:29, edited 2 times in total.
By overboost

They let Hamilton keep pole last race even though he had all four wheels off on turn 7 on his pole lap. :rolleyes:

See our F1 related articles too!