FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
Getting narked now. Been a f1 fan for a long time, and yes I support vettel. Fed up with nearly everything being about Hamilton, there are 22 drivers on the track, how about talking about them without some connection to Hamiltons performance or lack of!!!!!
The Sky coverage is basically a Hamilton fan club. The hilarity of the excuse making when Hamilton clipped the wall in qually, it was the sun, it was the 'hexagonal' wall, etc. And the bitter complaining about the radio silence rules today when Lewis had his mguk turned off. It is better to just turn down the volume sometimes.
Getting narked now. Been a f1 fan for a long time, and yes I support vettel. Fed up with nearly everything being about Hamilton, there are 22 drivers on the track, how about talking about them without some connection to Hamiltons performance or lack of!!!!!

I feel your "pain"!! It's getting to the point where, if he's in the lead, we miss battles behind;
but, if he's not, we watch him boring lap by excused lap by boring lap over and over... :banghead:

((p.s. pardon the horrible grammar, rather lack thereof!!))
Sky Sports UK
Canada: Rosberg wheel full of warnings
"Well we have a radio ban, he should deal with it on his own"
Azerbaijan: Hamilton wheel full of warnings
"This ban is ruining F1 we should change it"
Sky Sports UK
Canada: Rosberg wheel full of warnings
"Well we have a radio ban, he should deal with it on his own"
Azerbaijan: Hamilton wheel full of warnings
"This ban is ruining F1 we should change it"

:rolleyes:

Oftentimes, the headlines are just as bad... "easy win for Rosberg" vs "hard-fought battle for Hamilton"...
The UK Channel 4 coverage is more balanced I feel, DC will tend to call it as it is when mistakes are made. Unfortunately Hamilton is the headline maker and a lot of people want to see him or hear about him, it's all about the demand, I hear people in general talk more about Hamilton than any other drivers, even among casual viewers.
To continue. Watched c4 coverage of euro race. Have to say like the track. At end of race ej interviews podium, nice! Then a full interview with Hamilton about had bad his race was, excuses for poor performance in qualy etc etc (sunlight in visor my bum! Hamilton have different visor than other 21 drivers?). Don't remember interviews with other British drivers or verstappen (good race Max! ). Mind you boredom at Hamilton's whining face kicked in at that point so probably tuned out! Nico had same engine problem, but no radio whine from him!
Looks like Nico was told how to reset his "mode" before the race and Lewis wasn't.

Dirty Merc tactics imo.

Not sure if it was a dirty tactic to be honest but Toto saying the other car had the same problem is starting to annoy me. He says it all the time and its clearly rubbish.

If anyone watches Ted's notebook on Sky he sort of clears up the issue Lewis had and the reason he couldn't sort it.
It took Lewis 11 laps to figure it out but at the end of the day it wasn't a big deal it would have only cost him 2.2 seconds.

Merc puts the problem at 0.2 seconds per lap so not a huge issue considering that they had a second a lap on everybody else.

"Mercedes data suggests that the engine mode error that hit Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg in the European Grand Prix was only costing them 0.2 seconds each lap.

Mercedes motorsport boss Toto Wolff reckoned, however, that the electronic setting that left the drivers without an extra power boost at certain sections of the track may have felt worse from the cockpit than the reality of the time lost.

“We don’t know how much it is [exactly], and we need to analyse how much it is,” explained Wolff. “But as per the data – it is 0.2 seconds per lap.

“It must have felt like much more though because the engine was derating between Turns Two and Three, where you expect the biggest boost.”
"

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/merce ... ap-790152/
Last edited by overboost on 20 Jun 16, 17:20, edited 1 time in total.
..."Mercedes data suggests that the engine mode error that hit Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg in the European Grand Prix was only costing them 0.2 seconds each lap."

So... considering Rosberg crossed the finish line almost 17 seconds ahead of Vettel,
it would seem to me he wouldn't have been hampered all that much, eh?

(( 71 laps X .2 seconds = 14.2 seconds... Rosberg finished 16.696 ahead... ))
Last edited by sagi58 on 21 Jun 16, 16:06, edited 1 time in total.
It only took Rosberg a couple of laps to figure it out so the time lost would have been minimal!

http://www.formula1blog.com/editorial/l ... u-blunder/

This is a blog which pretty well explains the frustrations of many with the state of Formula 1 coverage when it comes to making excuses for one particular driver when he has one of his bad races.

See our F1 related articles too!