FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By overboost
Baku, Azerbaijan ........

Oil .......

F1 street track ........

Last edited by overboost on 15 Jun 16, 02:19, edited 2 times in total.
I visited Baku under Gorbachev and back then it was a smelly dump with a sputtering oil-based economy. Curious to see how it presents itself these days...
Pirelli is worried about tire problems on the long straights in Baku. Standing wave issues may occur in the tires. Will speed limits be required?

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/pirel ... 82624/?s=1
By PTRACER
The first "proper" look at the Baku circuit has been posted courtesy of Codemasters' preview for their F1 2016 game.

Jolyon Palmer drives/commentates on the lap:

[youtube]nAMmQr7FjSc[/youtube]
So who will be the first driver into the wall in the technical tight and twisty middle sector? Looking at the track, I am hoping that Red Bull can excel like they did in Monaco.
First into the wall will be Palmer.

Marko not to sure about Red Bull's chances in Baku,

http://www.grandprixtimes.com/news/id/12218

"Top-speed is therefore crucial to a good lap time and despite Red Bull running the upgraded Renault engine which is much closer in performance to Ferrari and Mercedes than before, it still lacks outright power which the team estimates will lose them a big chunk of time, according to Marko.
"The extremely long straight will not benefit us," he is quoted as saying by Autosport. "Our computer simulations showed we will lose 1.2s per lap there."
However, Red Bull are better in the tight and twisty sections where overall power is not as important; so if RB can extend the gap enough in the slower corners, they might be able to mitigate the gap down the straights, you have to remember that during the pre-V6 era, Renault were significantly down on power compares to Ferrari and Mercedes.
Yes they are much better in the corners and twisty parts but Marko says they can't make up the time. :thumbdown:

Marko: "This is almost impossible to make up in the corners, though we have an outstanding car."

Williams though with their slippery car and the Merc engine should be good here.
Yes they are much better in the corners and twisty parts but Marko says they can't make up the time. :thumbdown:

Marko: "This is almost impossible to make up in the corners, though we have an outstanding car."

Can't you just let it go; let me delude myself into thinking it will be someone other than Mercedes in P1/2? :wink:
Wouldn't that be something if an actual race broke out!

See our F1 related articles too!