FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By overboost

Damn right mate!!! OH YES SIR! Merc clever there! Red Bull got the best Chassis and the best drivers.......DREAM TEAM OLAY OLAY OLAY. Spanked Ferrari, sparked Williams and spank Merc when Blondie gets a brain fart. Well clever not to let Red Bull get that engine. But Red Bull.....they creeping up with their engine man! Don't need no Merc engine anymore! REEEEEEEDDD BULLLLLLL!
Man , no worries if you a Rosberg fan, he ain't no bad driver, just a airhead sometimes. Can't do close battle without screwing up. Niki mouthed off before he had the info. Bet he feels a right prat now. sausage HEAD!!!!! Hahaha

Actually Lauda the next day reaffirmed his assessment in an interview with Austrian media -

“Lewis looked us in the eye and took the blame.”

“He apologised. He took everything on himself. That’s fine with me,” Lauda told the Austrian broadcaster ORF.

I don't think Lauda is worried about telling the truth.

It was pretty obvious from the race broadcast that Lewis himself knew he was at fault as he covered his face with his hands even before the car came to a stop and then threw his steering wheel out of the car. Definitely someone mad at himself for a massive screwup. He is lucky though as we saw with Kvyat at Red Bull he could have been sacked for taking out his teammate.

http://www.grandprix247.com/2016/05/16/ ... the-blame/
Last edited by overboost on 20 May 16, 19:01, edited 2 times in total.
By overboost
Pathetic looking Lewis vs the steering wheel! (funny)

https://cdn.streamable.com/video/mp4/u0av.mp4
Last edited by overboost on 20 May 16, 16:10, edited 1 time in total.
By overboost
Mercedes and Redbull apparently have been managing tire pressures to subvert the Pirelli min tire start pressures rules. They have been able to quickly drop pressures by up to 2 psi after official tests are taken but before they take to the track. This is leading Pirelli to artificially increase the limit to avoid unsafe tire pressures and resulting tire failures during the race. However for teams complying with the rules such as Ferrari and McLaren (who has inquired to the FIA) this becomes an unfair disadvantage.

Ferrari is testing at Barcelona to find a way to avoid the tire issues they experienced in qually at Spain which are related to the high tire pressures.

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/analy ... 38277/?s=1

"Big gains

The benefits for anyone able to legally pass the starting pressure checks and then run below it are clear.

At Barcelona, for example, the minimum starting pressure of the rears was 19.5Psi – whereas teams would ideally like to be in the region of 17Psi. The closer teams can get to the 17Psi figure, the better.

There is also a vicious circle for those who are not able to control the pressures. A higher pressure can result in overheating the tread, which raises the tyre temperature and subsequently increases the pressure even further.

With the contact patch being progressively made smaller, the tread temperature increases further and can spiral out of control unless a driver backs off.

The situation can be exacerbated with the kind of high track temperatures that we saw on Saturday afternoon in Spain – and in the medium and slow speed corners that are typical of the final sector in Spain where Ferrari especially lost out to rivals Mercedes and Red Bull."

Unfair disadvantage

The problem for some teams is that, with Pirelli suspecting some are able to have a lower running pressure than a starting pressure, it has to raise the starting pressure higher than is ideal to take this drop into account.

For those teams that are not so well-equipped to manage the pressure, it hands them at instant disadvantage because the tyres are operating well outside their ideal operating window.
By darwin dali
Unfair disadvantage - isn't a disadvantage unfair to begin with? I understand unfair advantage through cheating, etc., as opposed to having worked hard and honestly to gain such advantage. You don't usually work hard and honestly to gain a disadvantage :wink:

Anyway, this seems like something the FIA should look into and stop immediately :banghead:
By Jeffo
Nah guys, It ain't Red Bull and Merc that's cheating tyres! That be Ferrari and Hass!! You fine Mr. overboost on this one, Blondie ain't cheating with this. It's the red Devils !!! They good at cheatin! On this one , we together mate!! BAN THEM RED CHEATS? Hahahah.

On that other stuff, check out rule 27.7

And...........

(Rosberg)"He was reacting to something Lewis wasn't and then he tried to squeeze the gap but it was too late.

"As soon as Hamilton sees that light flashing he knows what is happening and goes for the move. He goes for the gap, it was risky, but that is racing. It was very aggressive from Rosberg."

Lauda mate? Hahahah. Hes Austrian. Know what I mean :wink:

Nico or Lewis, they on borrowed time now. know who's gonna win Monaco? That be DANNI RIC!!!!!!!

RED BULL, RED BULL,RED BULL, RED BULL
By overboost
Jeffo you are quoting Ant Davidson? The stewards decision is clear on this and said as per 27.7 Rosberg had the right to use the entire width of the track and he was not at fault.

If Hamilton knew that Rosberg was slowing down due to the wrong mode then why not go round the outside. Raikkonen did that very thing when Sainz defended firmly to the inside on Raikkonen's first attempt. And Hamilton's closing speed is not unlike that of having a good DRS opportunity, he just had the red mist due to Rosberg's pass round the outside on turn one and tried to push his way through. By the way Hamilton blocked Rosberg to the inside on turn one using almost all of the track but Rosberg didn't crash him out!

Hamilton then caused the crash by going onto the grass and inexplicably continuing to accelerate and spinning up his tires. Did he really think he could pull off a pass on the grass?? It was a foolhardy attempt all round.

Re: the tire pressures, the article points out that Mercedes and Red bull are able to heat then quickly cool the air inside their tires to drop the pressure. Merc has been seen doing this since Japan last season. Merc was also caught out last season with low pressures on the track prior to starting.

I am not aware of the Ferrari and Hass connection to this. Do you have a link to a story etc?

Yes Lauda is Austrian. What is the problem with that??

I hear that Ricciardo (and Magnusson in the Renault) is getting the uprated TAG engine for Monaco. It could be the difference around that track.
By overboost

Anyway, this seems like something the FIA should look into and stop immediately :banghead:

"FIA TO GET TOUGH ON TYRE PRESSURE MONITORING FROM MONACO GRAND PRIX
After suspicions were raised that some F1 teams were cheating the tyre pressure system, the FIA will be increasing their monitoring of activity from the Monaco Grand Prix

Under the new process, teams will now have to send their tyre pressures, in standard psi and an unaltered format from the team’s telemetry, to the FIA’s Standard Data Recorder over standard CAN (Control Area Network) cable system. If any team is found to be operating unauthorised tyre pressures, then following further investigations the FIA are likely to enforce a clampdown, before penalties are finally introduced.

Speaking to motorsport.com, Pirelli Motorsport Director, Paul Hembery confirmed his belief that teams are playing around with the tyre pressures.

“Often when we are being told we have increased the [starting] pressure by 3-4 psi, we don’t see 3-4 psi when the cars are starting. It is probably around half of that. So something is happening.

“Maybe the first signals [of this action] were last year.”
"

http://www.thecheckeredflag.co.uk/2016/ ... aco-grand-
By Jeffo
Jeffo you are quoting Ant Davidson? The stewards decision is clear on this and said as per 27.7 Rosberg had the right to use the entire width of the track and he was not at fault.

If Hamilton knew that Rosberg was slowing down due to the wrong mode then why not go round the outside. Raikkonen did that very thing when Sainz defended firmly to the inside on Raikkonen's first attempt. And Hamilton's closing speed is not unlike that of having a good DRS opportunity, he just had the red mist due to Rosberg's pass round the outside on turn one and tried to push his way through. By the way Hamilton blocked Rosberg to the inside on turn one using almost all of the track but Rosberg didn't crash him out!

Hamilton then caused the crash by going onto the grass and inexplicably continuing to accelerate and spinning up his tires. Did he really think he could pull off a pass on the grass?? It was a foolhardy attempt all round.

Re: the tire pressures, the article points out that Mercedes and Red bull are able to heat then quickly cool the air inside their tires to drop the pressure. Merc has been seen doing this since Japan last season. Merc was also caught out last season with low pressures on the track prior to starting.

I am not aware of the Ferrari and Hass connection to this. Do you have a link to a story etc?

Yes Lauda is Austrian. What is the problem with that??

I hear that Ricciardo (and Magnusson in the Renault) is getting the uprated TAG engine for Monaco. It could be the difference around that track.

Damn straight!! Engine upgrade! SWEEEEEEEEEEEET! Ain't sure if it's for Max or Danni, read different stuff. Either way gotta be good news! Engine not such a deal at Monacco. More about chassis and driver skill. So it win win for the Bulls. Upgrade might be less drivable at first, so good idea to split it. I have my money on Danni for this win.
[size=200]RICCIARDO!!! GET IN THERE BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![b/bsize]

Mate I can't be arsed with links all the time, I read stuff and I work it out. Gonna give you this just so you can see where you missin the point a bit.
http://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id/155 ... blame-game
It's cool though mate. No shame in bein a Rosberg fan, he ain't that bad. Just needs to cut out the airhead moments.
By overboost
Well that article just says that Rosberg had the right to defend and that Lewis got away with one. Nothing new. It does confirm that the approach speed was even less than with DRS and Lewis must have seen the warning light on Rosberg's car flashing so no unsafe condition was created from Rosberg being in harvest mode. Hamilton is just to impulsive and he doesn't consider the consequences of his actions imo.

The Tag/Renault engine upgrade adds 30 hp and better drive-ability so no worries it should be great right from the start.
By sagi58
...Mate I can't be arsed with links all the time, I read stuff and I work it out. Gonna give you this just so you can see where you missin the point a bit.
http://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id/155 ... blame-game
It's cool though mate. No shame in bein a Rosberg fan, he ain't that bad. Just needs to cut out the airhead moments.

I have to say, ESPN seems to have taken the middle ground in reporting on this, in spite of stating that opinion was polarized amongst F1 owners and drivers.

Personally, I agree with the following... the stewards decided that a reprimand for Hamilton wouldn't be good for F1...
Paul Weaver wrote:">Mercedes inquest after Hamilton and Rosberg crash out of F1 Spanish Grand Prix

...The stewards were meeting to assess the situation and they and Mercedes were anxious to speak to both drivers. If Hamilton does receive reprimand he will be hit with a 10-place penalty for the next race in Monaco – the worst race on the schedule for overtaking...

Of course, not many sites are reporting this possibility... y'know...

See our F1 related articles too!