FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By overboost

Can Rosberg make it eight in a row?

Will Hamilton fight back? Or will the lunatics cry conspiracy?

Can Sainz Jr. beat Kvyat and Verstappen?

Will some one, anyone other than a Mercedes driver win a race and help save f1?
Last edited by overboost on 14 May 16, 02:11, edited 3 times in total.
By overboost
By overboost
By overboost
Qually results - The surprise here is the performance of Red Bull with Ricciardo just 4 tenths away from Rosberg. Ricciardo put in a monster lap on his only attempt in Q3, he is showing that he is the class of the field. If only he had a comparable engine. The Red Bull long run pace is good as well, can they challenge the Mercs? Another slow start by the Merc's could put a red Bull in front. Something went wrong at Ferrari with good pace in FP3 disappearing in qually. The car was not handling well.

Top ten in Q3

1 Lewis Hamilton Mercedes 1’22.000
2 Nico Rosberg Mercedes 1’22.280
3 Daniel Ricciardo Red Bull-TAG Heuer 1’22.680
4 Max Verstappen Red Bull-TAG Heuer 1’23.087
5 Kimi Raikkonen Ferrari 1’23.113
6 Sebastian Vettel Ferrari 1’23.334
7 Valtteri Bottas Williams-Mercedes 1’23.522
8 Carlos Sainz Jnr Toro Rosso-Ferrari 1’23.643
9 Sergio Perez Force India-Mercedes 1’23.782
10 Fernando Alonso McLaren-Honda 1’23.981

Drivers eliminated in Q2

11 Nico Hulkenberg Force India-Mercedes 1’24.203
12 Jenson Button McLaren-Honda 1’24.348
13 Daniil Kvyat Toro Rosso-Ferrari 1’24.445
14 Romain Grosjean Haas-Ferrari 1’24.480
15 Kevin Magnussen Renault 1’24.625
16 Esteban Gutierrez Haas-Ferrari 1’24.778

Drivers eliminated in Q1

17 Jolyon Palmer Renault 1’24.903
18 Felipe Massa Williams-Mercedes 1’24.941
19 Marcus Ericsson Sauber-Ferrari 1’25.202
20 Felipe Nasr Sauber-Ferrari 1’25.579
21 Pascal Wehrlein Manor-Mercedes 1’25.745
22 Rio Haryanto Manor-Mercedes 1’25.939
By overboost
Hamilton as he looses control and crashes Rosberg out of the grand prix.

Lauda:
"Niki Lauda has blamed Lewis Hamilton for the opening lap collision at the Spanish Grand Prix, in an incident that he described as 'stupid'.

The Mercedes non-executive director was furious after seeing his team's hopes of victory at Barcelona dashed within seconds of the start.

Hamilton and Rosberg were battling for position on the run to Turn 4, when Rosberg closed the door to prevent his team-mate passing.

Hamilton went on to the grass and lost control in the braking zone – spinning around and collecting his team-mate.

Speaking in the moments after the crash, Lauda had no doubts about who was to blame for the incident.

“It is stupid. We could have won the race,” declared Lauda. “Lewis was too aggressive.”

When asked what the response would be, Lauda said: “First I need to talk to them myself, listen to the explanation, and then we will see.”"

Hamilton accepts blame:
Lauda on RTL: "Lewis apologized, he thought it was his mistake and we will move on."
By overboost
Verstappen wins! Youngest winner ever in his first race for Red Bull.

By overboost
Lauda: "Lewis could have avoided that; and should have accepted that Nico is leading."!

Another mistake off the line and a Rosberg pass for the lead led to a classic red mist moment from Hamilton. It was only a matter of time for Hamilton to crack with such a deficit of wins and points to his teammate.

Rosberg needs to take advantage here and have the team fall behind him and support him for the WDC. This crash from Hamilton has let the Ferrari get too close for any further mistakes. Ferrari is now 2nd in the WCC and Raikkonen 2nd in the WDC.
By gdh
Rosberg fans will blame Hamilton and vice versa, stewards said both partially to blame and neither wholly to blame so no further action to be taken. Interesting tire strategies for RB and Ferrari. Loved the Ric/Vettel go at each other at the end.
By darwin dali
Verstappen wins! Youngest winner ever in his first race for Red Bull.

Did I or did I not say that MV could drive circles around DR?
By Jeffo
:kneel:
REDDDDDDD BUUUUUULLLLLLL! Max Verstappen 18 years old! Oh yes! Oh yes, oh yes, oh yes!!
I reckon they might have screwed over Danni Boy, but I'll take it, so long as they don't pull that stunt again.

I don't reckon Max would have had it if the Mercs hadn't screwed up. The blonde airhead in the wrong engine mode turfs off his team mate, hahaha. Thanks blondie! :thumbup:

Vettel crying again cos Danni was better. WAHHH WAHHHHH WAHHHHHH.

Danni Boy and Max the Axe. THE DREAM TEAM!
By overboost
Max and Danny are a great team!

Re the accident, the fact that Rosberg's car was in a slower mode makes Hamilton's dumbass move even more idiotic. I guess between making the move on the outside of Rosberg's stricken car or doing it later in the lap, going for the grassy overtake seemed to him like the better choice!

One would think that he would have learned form his experience of Canada 2011.

I must say it was refreshing to see a race with evenly matched cars on different strategies going to the end of the race just seconds between the top four. Thank you Mercedes for this.
By Jeffo
You so right my friend! Best pairing on the grid! And may the merc boys keep on crashing! Haha. And the Ferraris keep crying and driving with hangovers. Red Bull gonna win!!!! Whoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
What a race!!!!! Got pissed after that!
I reckon you got that crash arse about tit though mate. How was Hamilton to know that Blondie had had an airhead moment and chose the wrong setting. Haha . What a prat! Nah, you see you're main competitor going slow, you pounce. You don't do that, you ain't no racer. I reckon Blondie panics. When he knew his car was in the wrong mode he thought. WHOOOOOOOAAAAA, WHOOPS, OF YOU GO LEWIS, Pannniccccccccc. You ain't comin past me!
Keep doin that though Blondie eh! Keep up the crap and Max and Daani, they gonna rule the roost in F1!!
By Bladesman
You so right my friend! Best pairing on the grid! And may the merc boys keep on crashing! Haha. And the Ferraris keep crying and driving with hangovers. Red Bull gonna win!!!! Whoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
What a race!!!!! Got pissed after that!
I reckon you got that crash arse about tit though mate. How was Hamilton to know that Blondie had had an airhead moment and chose the wrong setting. Haha . What a prat! Nah, you see you're main competitor going slow, you pounce. You don't do that, you ain't no racer. I reckon Blondie panics. When he knew his car was in the wrong mode he thought. WHOOOOOOOAAAAA, WHOOPS, OF YOU GO LEWIS, Pannniccccccccc. You ain't comin past me!
Keep doin that though Blondie eh! Keep up the crap and Max and Daani, they gonna rule the roost in F1!!

Exactly and explains why the stewards didn't punish Hamilton for it.

Rosberg saw Lewis late after messing around with his steering wheel and Lewis went for the gap as he was going faster than Nico.

See our F1 related articles too!