0%
9 Could be the best race of the season
No votes
0%
10 One for the Ages!
No votes
0%
Rate the Russian GP

How was the race at the tricky Sochi circuit?

Feel free to post your opinion!

The average rating for Japan was 4.3

The average rating for Singapore was 4.2
The average rating for Italy was 3.4
The average rating for Belgium was 3.6
The average rating for Hungary was 8.6
The average rating for Britain was 7.1
The average rating for Austria was 3.6
The average rating for Canada was 3.0
The average rating for Monaco was 6.1
The average rating for Spain was 3.5
The average rating for Bahrain was 6.3
The average rating for China was 4.6
The average rating for Malaysia was 7.8
The average rating for Australia was 4.6
I'm going to give it a seven, obviously not for the race win, but the three way battle for third was entertaining with good midfield battles throughout the race and, of course the lap lap dramas.
I think F1 is adapting to the inane and contrived Mercedes W06 domination, just don't show it! The last two races have been noticeably better viewing with little or no screen time for Merc. Face it Mercedes and Hamilton nobody wants to see you on Sunday's, you are just bad TV and bad for the ratings!

It was good to see a feisty Raikkonen at the centre of almost all of the action including a fight for the podium to the last lap, he made the race interesting. Although it ended badly it was good to see Kimi pushing Bottas to the very end. His engineer Greenwood said that the last lap needed to be “all or nothing”. I guess the team got what it was asking for.

The different strategies of Perez and Ricciardo also added an element of interest as well.

So a five out of ten.
Face it Mercedes and Hamilton nobody wants to see you on Sunday's, you are just bad TV and bad for the ratings!

Lol, you better watch out, with all the hate flowing through you you might just turn to the dark side you were on about last week.
Face it Mercedes and Hamilton nobody wants to see you on Sunday's, you are just bad TV and bad for the ratings!

It's not exactly Hamilton's fault, he just happens to have the fastest car with a team mate that is not his equal in terms of talent. This is no different to when Vettel was dominating in the Red Bull or Schumacher was dominating in the Ferrari. The difference now is that the midfield is much more competitive which provides much more entertainment on track
Of course it isn't Mercedes nor Hamilton's fault that they are a negative for the F1 broadcasts. It is a result of the engine/token rules which are preventing any real competition to the Mercedes engine package. Sad really that they invest all that money and can't get their car on TV but that is how bad the situation is currently, instead the directors are showing Saubers and Torro Rossos!

This is actually quite different to the Red Bull or Ferrari years as they had dominated in a fairer rules environment that didn't handcuff their rivals. The coverage they received was not limited to the 5-10 minutes that Mercedes is now receiving.

Lol, you better watch out, with all the hate flowing through you you might just turn to the dark side you were on about last week.

Try not to confuse reality with hate!

No worries though as I will remain focused on the light at the end of the tunnel to a time when the anti-competition rules are lifted.

And as the BBC aptly pointed out Mercedes is firmly in the role of the Galactic Empire! :wink:
Oh no, no confusion. And I doubt you'll have long to wait.

I hope you are right! Although even if they were to take off the engine rules and tokens it would probably take a couple of seasons to undo the amount of damage done.
...if they were to take off the engine rules and tokens it would probably take a couple of seasons to undo the amount of damage done.

:banghead: Say it isn't so! :banghead:

See our F1 related articles too!