FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By overboost
2015 Japanese GP at Suzuka!

One year from the tragedy of Jules Bianchi.

Can Mercedes after the disaster of Singapore find their way back into contention? Lewis doesn't have any confidence but most agree that they will be back on top.

LH: "I don't have any confidence. I don’t have any information to give me that confidence. I’m hoping it’s a one-off but it’s a very, very strange weekend, to say the least." http://planetf1.com/news/lewis-unsure-m ... gs-around/

Will Jenson clear the air or is he just enjoying the attention surrounding his future? Will Lotus survive the weekend with their equipment seemingly missing in action! Can Vettel steal another victory? If he can it will be three Ferrari victories in the last five races.

The best track in F1 that side of Spa should be able to provide a a decent race. Lets hope!

Last edited by overboost on 26 Sep 15, 01:18, edited 4 times in total.
By Sebas9031
I think it is going to be a great race. Although Hamilton is stating he has no confidence I know he will give a fight for first place. There will be a lot of feelings for drivers and fans as it will be another year since the death of Jules Bianchi, Jenson Button future uncertainty and some concerns about the drainage of the track will set up a dramatic but interesting race to watch.

Here is an article I found about Jenson Button's future.

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/mclar ... =8719&em=1
By stonemonkey
Hamilton's 'no confidence' was a mis quote or mis interpretation of what he said, while he has confidence in the team and car, there are no certainties, is all he meant. However, Mercedes do think they've found the issue that dogged them in Singapore and should be able to fix or avoid it in the future.
Going to be an interesting weekend if the weather plays a part in it, love suzuka, it's one of those tracks like Spa that should never be lost from F1.
By sagi58
A year? Wow!!

Does anyone know if there will be a memorial service for Jules?
The race starts at 2:00 a.m.; but, if they are planning something,
I'll definitely get up even earlier!!

Or just not bother going to sleep at all...
By darwin dali
A year? Wow!!

The race starts at 1am ET here in NY, should be the same for Toronto...
By stonemonkey
It's almost a year since the accident, he died 2 months ago.
By overboost
Kyvat! Always remember to keep off the grass!

Martin Brundle: "Complete driver error."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFl5dR59SyA
Last edited by overboost on 26 Sep 15, 20:14, edited 1 time in total.
By overboost
Rosberg pole after Hamilton mistakes and Kvyat crash.

Top ten in Q3

1 Nico Rosberg Mercedes 1’32.584
2 Lewis Hamilton Mercedes 1’32.660
3 Valtteri Bottas Williams-Mercedes 1’33.024
4 Sebastian Vettel Ferrari 1’33.245
5 Felipe Massa Williams-Mercedes 1’33.337
6 Kimi Raikkonen Ferrari 1’33.347
7 Daniel Ricciardo Red Bull-Renault 1’33.497
8 Romain Grosjean Lotus-Mercedes 1’33.967
9 Sergio Perez Force India-Mercedes
10 Daniil Kvyat Red Bull-Renault
By sagi58
A year? Wow!!

The race starts at 1am ET here in NY, should be the same for Toronto...

Sheez!! Good thing you noticed that!! I was using an online world time thingamajigger;
but, I guess it didn't take the daylight savings time into account?? Boh...

Regardless, thank you!!! :wavey:
By sagi58
It's almost a year since the accident, he died 2 months ago.

Oh, I realize that! I just wondered if they would commemorate the day somehow?
By myownalias
Seems my interest in F1 is really waning, I didn't even realize there was a race on until I came to this thread and saw the qualifying results.
By overboost
Bernie takes in homeless mechanics!

Speaking after Friday's rain-affected practice sessions, driver Romain Grosjean said of the situation: "It's quite fun - it's like camping! The atmosphere is good, we've found somewhere with a coffee machine, Pirelli has offered us some hospitality for the drivers to have lunch, mechanics could have lunch as well. It's not ideal start of the weekend but when the car is on track that's what we focus on."

F1 supremo Ecclestone also allowed Lotus employees in to the Paddock Club hospitality canteen to eat. Earlier this month Ecclestone paid £1.5 million to cover the wages of 400 people at Lotus.

http://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id/137 ... ees-suzuka
Not the best race ever, some decent fights in the midfield but all too predictable up front I think. Hamilton win with Rosberg and Vettel fighting it out for 2nd seems to be the story of the season. Williams again showed with Bottas that they are not fast enough in race trim to beat Ferrari unless either the pitcrew or drivers mess up (e.g. Canada and Austria).

I think its now a case of when rather than if Hamilton will wrap up his 3rd WDC.

Driver of the day goes to Verstappen, pulled off some excellent moves (including some on drivers with much more straight line power) to go from 17th to 9th. Great drive.
By overboost
I have to agree with your assessment ferrari man 09.

Truly a case, as Hamilton's biggest supporter Ben Edwards said at the conclusion of the race, of 'The Empire Strikes Back' and the power of the dark side.

Evil may have one this race and indeed this season however the Jedi will one day lead us back to the light of competitive, fair and open racing. :wink:
Last edited by overboost on 29 Sep 15, 02:16, edited 2 times in total.

See our F1 related articles too!