FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By overboost

Monza this weekend. Power and speed. And Tifosi!

Will it be another Mercedes powered procession? Or will Monza serve up some surprises? Ferrari and Pirelli are certainly in need of a good result in front of their home crowd. The pressure is on.
By gdh
Power and speed - looks to be a perfect setup for Team Mercedes and the Merc powered teams to power to the front. Vettel will drive his heart out, Kimi hopefullly won't have anymore mechanical issues.
For those of you following this season closer than me, will this circuit favour Williams over Ferrari? We have more just had the races in the background this season while reading, emailing, etc. it's interesting to see that viewership in Indy racing has picked up again this year in N.Am. as it is just a much more exciting race to watch with a huge field of drivers rarely knowing who will win until the very last lap. We're heading down to Sebring next March to watch our first 12 hour race. Will likely take in the Montreal F1 race as well in June.

Hopefully Monza will survive on the F1 circuit, and this week's race is an entertaining hard fought set of battles with lots of passing, wheel to wheel grit and not a procession from the first corner to the checkered flag at the very front.
By stonemonkey
I'm torn, I miss the variety of the classic tracks that have disappeared from F1 but Monza is one that's never done it for me and I can't see this as being particularly exciting, I'll be watching and wouldn't mind being proved wrong but I'll not be holding my breath.
By sagi58
Good idea to tune in, just in case, as it's proven to be a bit of a topsy-turvy year!
Remember Canada? Probably not! :banghead:
By overboost
A good qualifying for Ferrari, 2nd and 3rd. Merc was able to take pole by virtue of the surviving 'super engine' in Hamilton's car.

A good start by the Ferrari's tomorrow and/or another clutch choke by Hamilton could lead to a race less boring than previously feared! Lets hope for some actual racing.

ITALIAN GP GRID

Pos Driver Car Gap
1 Lewis Hamilton Mercedes 1m23.397s
2 Kimi Raikkonen Ferrari 0.234s
3 Sebastian Vettel Ferrari 0.288s
4 Nico Rosberg Mercedes 0.306s
5 Felipe Massa Williams/Mercedes 0.543s
6 Valtteri Bottas Williams/Mercedes 0.730s
7 Sergio Perez Force India/Mercedes 1.229s
8 Romain Grosjean Lotus/Mercedes 1.657s
9 Nico Hulkenberg Force India/Mercedes 1.920s
10 Pastor Maldonado Lotus/Mercedes 1.128s
11 Felipe Nasr Sauber/Ferrari 1.501s
12 Will Stevens Marussia/Ferrari 4.334s
13 Marcus Ericsson Sauber/Ferrari 2.817s
14 Roberto Merhi Marussia/Ferrari 4.515s
15 Carlos Sainz Toro Rosso/Renault 2.221s
16 Daniil Kvyat Red Bull/Renault 2.399s
17 Jenson Button McLaren/Honda 2.661s
18 Fernando Alonso McLaren/Honda 2.757s
19 Max Verstappen Toro Rosso/Renault -
20 Daniel Ricciardo Red Bull/Renault -

And on a different note Hamilton arrived at the circuit today with dyed gray hair and a chicken wing tattoo on his neck?! Who knows maybe it will make him go faster!

By overboost
That's blonde? Looked like gray to me.

If its blonde then maybe he is going for the Dennis Rodman look!

By stonemonkey
Mercedes under investigation, left rears on both cars reportedly under pressure before start of race, Lewis by 0.3psi and Nico by 1.1psi
By vaptin
There are reports Hamilton might be disqualified / is under investigation for tyre pressures!

Looking at how Merecedes acted with his issue; and after the race, it's clear they are trying to hide something.

TBH - I'm actually not in favour of what F1 has turned into; with a multitude of tight regulations and a constant array of penalties.

Still in this immediate point, if there are in breach, they are in breach.But what a crappy way to be cost a race if it goes against them.
By stonemonkey
But what a crappy way to be cost a race if it goes against them.

When do the FIA check the tyre pressures? They knew before the race started but didn't inform Mercedes until near the end of the race, seems a bit fishy.

See our F1 related articles too!