FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.

Who is the best driver through the first half of the season?

Hamilton
20%
Rosberg
No votes
0%
Vettel
80%
Bottas
No votes
0%
Raikkonen
No votes
0%
Massa
No votes
0%
Ricciardo
No votes
0%
Kvyat
No votes
0%
Hulkenburg
No votes
0%
Grosjean
No votes
0%
Verstappen
No votes
0%
Nasr
No votes
0%
Other
No votes
0%
By overboost
Vote in the poll and comment on who you think is the best driver at the summer break!

Also comment on:

Which race was the best race of the first half?

Worst race?

What has been the biggest surprise?

Biggest disappointment?
By Stephen
Best race - British GP and Hamilton's superb victory
Worst race - Canadian GP (all about fuel/tyre saving rather than racing)
Biggest surprise - Malaysian GP and Ferrari's unexpected first win
Biggest disappointment - William's race strategy, Mercedes fake pitstop, McLaren
By myownalias
I went for Vettel as the best driver of the first half of the season as he has been there on the podium for all but three races (which were all top 5 finishes)) and is still within reasonable striking distance of the Mercedes drivers in the drivers championship and of course two unexpected wins in the first half of the season.

Which race was the best race of the first half?
It's between Silverstone and Hungary, I think Hungary just edged it because of all the drama.

Worst race?
No doubt in my mind, it's Canada, dull as dishwater, even as a condensed 45 minute highlight show!

What has been the biggest surprise?
The young drivers mixing it with the big boys in the top 10.

Biggest disappointment?
McLaren Honda... for obvious reasons.
By gdh
For me it is a toss up btn Hamilton and Vettel. It is hard to judge as Hamilton is an excellent driver in the best car in the field and Vettel also an excellent driver in an inferior car has managed his way to 2 wins and other podium finishes. Rosberg has proven to be a very good driver in the best car. Both have had a ragged race but Hamilton is still the dominating driver in the dominating team at midseason. Glad to see Ferrari pushing Merc, looking fwd to the 2nd half of this season.

See our F1 related articles too!