FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.

Who was the Hungarian GP Driver of The Race?

Vettel
90%
Kvyat
No votes
0%
Ricciardo
No votes
0%
Verstappen
10%
Alonso
No votes
0%
Hamilton
No votes
0%
Grosjean
No votes
0%
Rosberg
No votes
0%
Button
No votes
0%
Ericsson
No votes
0%
Other
No votes
0%
Vote for your driver of the race from the list provided!
Had to go with Vettel, obviously not Hamilton, Rosberg didn't seem to be getting anywhere in a car that should've been more than capable and he seems too pre-occupied with what Hamilton's doing to think clearly.
The Red bull and McLaren guys deserve a mention here though for keeping their heads through that and getting the most out of their cars.
Vettel is my choice for Hungary. Excellent start (and Kimi too!) and then given the chance to lead was able to put the slower Ferrari on a Mercedes pace for almost the entire race. Brilliant job. As well he collects another win and now stands equal with Aryton Senna.
I don't understand the choice of Vettel over Alonso. At this track, the Ferrari was always going to be fast, as was the Red Bull. He did a very good job to win. BUT for Alonso to haul that McLaren up from 15th to 5th is a MUCH stronger achievement. It is Alonso, no question whatsoever.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
Vettel for me, was flawless all race. Would have won by at least 25 seconds had it not been for the safety car, but despite that he kept his head while under pressure from Rosberg and Ricciardo. Honourable mention for Alonso but 5th place was as a result of others having issues/incidents with others, whereas Vettel would have a case to claim he would have won on raw pace given the gap to Rosberg.
Nope - Vettel winning was more than likely also due to circumstances and others making mistakes too. Had Hamilton not been so rash, he absolutely certainly would have had the pace to stay with him, and had Ricciardo not had the rush of blood and dive down the inside of Rosberg he too was looking like he might challenge (though to be fair that was after the SC). The Ferrari was always going to be quick at this track hence it wasn't just Vettel - Kimi was keeping him honest until the gremlins crept in.

Alonso on the other hand, circumstances aside managed to keep his nose clean not from the front where Vettel was, but from right in the middle of the pack where all of the turmoil was taking place. He kept his head while all around (not just behind) were losing theirs. Having had track time compromised in earlier weekend sessions, to hold 5th at the end was excellent.

Seb was super competent at doing what he does best - getting a lead and keeping it, however this was in a competitive car on a track that suited it. Alonso finished just four places back in a skip-on-wheels.

Nope - Vettel winning was more than likely also due to circumstances and others making mistakes too. Had Hamilton not been so rash, he absolutely certainly would have had the pace to stay with him, and had Ricciardo not had the rush of blood and dive down the inside of Rosberg he too was looking like he might challenge (though to be fair that was after the SC). The Ferrari was always going to be quick at this track hence it wasn't just Vettel - Kimi was keeping him honest until the gremlins crept in.

Alonso on the other hand, circumstances aside managed to keep his nose clean not from the front where Vettel was, but from right in the middle of the pack where all of the turmoil was taking place. He kept his head while all around (not just behind) were losing theirs. Having had track time compromised in earlier weekend sessions, to hold 5th at the end was excellent.

Seb was super competent at doing what he does best - getting a lead and keeping it, however this was in a competitive car on a track that suited it. Alonso finished just four places back in a skip-on-wheels.

Let's also remember Alonso was lapped when the SC was deployed, so he was given an effective free stop and a pass to unlap himself, at the same time, Vettel was robbed of the 25 second lead he had built up. So while Vettel had to control his lead against cars on better tyres with his advantage removed, Alonso was helped into the position to get to 5th - it was a great drive but the SC and drivers ahead crashing into each other also played into his hands
I also went with Vettel!! The man just didn't let up, regardless of the pressure!!
I wasn't overly excited as the lights went out; but, man, oh, man, was I jumping within seconds!! :clap:

Thank you, Vettel, Kimi and Ferrari for a much-needed breath of fresh air!! :thumbup:

See our F1 related articles too!