FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By overboost
It time to race on the technical and twisty Hungaroring. Last year brought a thrilling race with a surprise winner. This year will a surging Williams challenge the Mercedes juggernaut or can Ferrari regroup in the Hungarian heat? It's Kimi's and Valtteri's 'home' race, will it push them to a good result? And just days after Jules funeral what will the mood be in Hungary?

Last edited by overboost on 02 Oct 15, 03:58, edited 3 times in total.
By sagi58
Seems like forever since the last race!!
So much has happened in between!!

Here's hoping for a great Ferrari result!! :thumbup:
By myownalias
I'm just hoping that Williams or Ferrari can take the race to Mercedes, I don't care which, I just want to see Mercedes challenged, put some excitement back into F1!
By sagi58
I'm just hoping that Williams or Ferrari can take the race to Mercedes, I don't care which, I just want to see Mercedes challenged, put some excitement back into F1!

49% of me agrees with you :yes: ; but, that Tifosi Image of mine wants it to be Ferrari!! :blush:
By myownalias

49% of me agrees with you :yes: ; but, that Tifosi Image of mine wants it to be Ferrari!! :blush:

If I am honest I would prefer it to be Williams, I have always had a soft spot for Williams, ever since Nigel Mansell drove for them in the early 90s and or course Damon Hill is the late 90s.
By overboost
And Jacques Villeneuve of course!
By myownalias
And Jacques Villeneuve of course!

Maybe for you! Personally I didn't think much of his attitude.
By Stephen
Well I hope the race will be more exciting than qualifying - it shows the poor state of F1 when the biggest excitement is a driver pushing his car rather than qualifying it. Hamilton again showing Rosberg how it's done with the pack closing in.
By myownalias
I think we could see one or more cars ahead of Rosberg this weekend, Nico hasn't been happy with his car all weekend, in the pool, I went for HAM, VET, RIC for the podium...

Obviously Mercedes are still ahead but it seems that other teams are getting closer to the back of the Mercs, it's good to see Red Bull fighting with Williams and Ferrari.
By overboost
I think we could see one or more cars ahead of Rosberg this weekend, Nico hasn't been happy with his car all weekend, in the pool, I went for HAM, VET, RIC for the podium...

Obviously Mercedes are still ahead but it seems that other teams are getting closer to the back of the Mercs, it's good to see Red Bull fighting with Williams and Ferrari.

I think that the other teams are closer due to the nature of the track. Horsepower isn't rewarded as much in Hungary which better suits mech grip and a good chassis.
By myownalias

I think that the other teams are closer due to the nature of the track. Horsepower isn't rewarded as much in Hungary which better suits mech grip and a good chassis.

Yes, I understand that, but in recent races, especially Silverstone, we have seen the challenge taken to Mercedes more than before this season... my apathy towards F1 is a little less after Silverstone, that said, I don't think Hamilton is beatable this weekend baring technical issues, but I feel that Rosberg is vulnerable to attack from Ferrari and Red Bull!
By stonemonkey
I dunno, think the merc's still too good for anyone to keep up a sustained challenge over race distance even if they get the jump at the start.
By myownalias
I dunno, think the merc's still too good for anyone to keep up a sustained challenge over race distance even if they get the jump at the start.

It maybe part wishful thinking on my part... but the chasing pack is catching and on this track where power isn't as important, the likes of Red Bull, Ferrari and Williams could challenge!
By sagi58
All I want is a "real" race!! Not one that's scripted, with the odd incident!!
Please!

See our F1 related articles too!