FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.

Who was the 2015 British GP Driver of the Race?

Hamilton
75%
Rosberg
No votes
0%
Vettel
13%
Massa
No votes
0%
Bottas
13%
Kvyat
No votes
0%
Hulkenburg
No votes
0%
Other
No votes
0%
Vote for your driver of the race from the list provided!
I'm going for Hamilton for fighting off Bottas at the start and recovering to win the race, keeping a cool head and for making that vital decision to switch to inters which won his the race.
There really is only 7 choices:

Lewis Hamilton
Sebastian Vettel
Nico Rosberg
Daniil Kvyat
Nico Hulkenberg
Sergio Perez
Fernando Alonso

These are also in the correct order of who was the driver of the race, from a completely unbiased view.
SV:
"I don't know, I had a bad start but then we always came back to fifth and sixth from where we started, but obviously the gap was too big from the cars in front. But then there was some rain around six/seven, so about round Luffleld, but it was only there so it was quicker to stay out on drys. But it's a tough call to make because if it rains, yes you know some cars are already pitting. You obviously think about it but if the majority of the circuit is dry there's no point.

"Then I came out of Chapel and down Hanger Straight noticed a lot more rain, I was trying to look at the clouds all the laps before. I thought that's the lap to go because it was significantly more intense the rain so it wasn't just a drizzle, it was proper rain, and then I decided to box. Once I was inside the box I was told Lewis - the leader - decided to pit as well so I thought it should have been a good call."

So, if LH gets credit for his tire call through which he re-gained his grid pole, then so should SV, who climbed 3 spots from his 6th on the starting grid (I voted for LH, btw.).
None of the drivers really ran exceptional races.

Hamilton won the race but made big errors at the start and letting Bottas through. Vettel lost positions and was running in ninth during the first stint. Rosberg messed up his start and was rather uninspiring during the race. Massa was ok but couldn't pull away from Bottas. Bottas sucked in the wet. Hulkenburg got one of the best starts ever but didn't capitalize on it. Raikkonen was ok until his bad decision to go on inters.

So it comes down to who was the least poor! Hamilton won the thing so he gets the vote. Vettel and Hulkenburg get honourable mention.

See our F1 related articles too!