FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.

Vote for the 2015 Bahrain Driver of The Race!

Hamilton
18%
Raikkonen
64%
Rosberg
18%
Bottas
No votes
0%
Vettel
No votes
0%
Ricciardo
No votes
0%
Grosjean
No votes
0%
Massa
No votes
0%
Alonso
No votes
0%
Nasr
No votes
0%
Other
No votes
0%
Vote for your Driver of The Race for Bahrain from this list of likely candidates.

Feel free to post your reasons why.
Last edited by overboost on 20 Apr 15, 23:21, edited 1 time in total.
It's close between Raikkonen and Rosberg, but Rosberg takes it for me despite losing second place late on, which of course was beyond his control. The new attitude after the first three races of apathy is great, lots of aggression and overtaking, taking no prisoners, I like this Rosberg, now he needs to go take it to Hamilton!
Though I agree that Rosberg was a different driver, this race,
I have to go with Kimi!! NO one expected him to make up all
that time and get past Rosberg for 2nd!!

Still over the moon on that one!! :cloud9:
There were four drivers that stood out in the race for me: Hamilton, Rosberg, Raikkonen and Bottas.

Rosberg looked very confident and racy passing Raikkonen and Vettel (3X)! This is what he needs to do every race. But Rosberg couldn't challenge the pace of Hamilton even when granted the advantage of the undercut. And later in the race Raikkonen quickly got past him on a mistake (or brake problems perhaps).

Hamilton looked good and was able to control the race from the lead. He seemed programmed to sit at exactly 5 seconds in front of Rosberg. He did though make a mistake and went off the one time he was pressured in the race which was by Vettel on lap 5.

Raikkonen executed his alternate strategy perfectly and had an amazing second stint on the mediums where he was able to stay on the leaders pace while they ran the much faster softs! His final stint also was impressive as he relentlessly reeled in the Merc's. If only for a couple more laps or Ferrari pitting him earlier for the softs and the outcome could have been a race win.

Bottas had a good race and was formidable in his defense of fourth place in front of a faster Ferrari. Vettel was frustrated again and again by Bottas who withstood the pressure and didn't make a single mistake.

Raikkonen gets my vote followed by Rosberg, Hamilton, Bottas.
Gotta be Kimi, with Rosberg also deserving of DoD.

Vettel was quite a disappointment.... Too many errors and silly judgements, not to mention nearly hitting Bottas in the closing stages, AND finishing behind his team mate.
Who voted for Hamilton? :hehe: I thought he had an easy race, but perhaps he just made it look easy! :thumbup:

Kimi got my vote but I was impressed with Rosberg - he had watched the 2014 race and learnt where he went wrong - this time he went just deep enough into the braking area to block the car he'd overtaken thus preventing any chance of them fighting back through turns 2, 3, 4, 5... His attitude seemed to have improved too - as I keep saying, he needs to concentrate on his own championship (not Lewis's) and have the confidence to believe he's number one whilst ignoring the media and naysayers (easier said than done I know).

How I hope we'll see a four-way battle when they arrive in Europe.

See our F1 related articles too!